devolution

Author Topic: Crashes  (Read 3169 times)

Offline Command

Crashes
« on: March 01, 2011, 10:26:39 PM »
WM ver 1.30.4 beta  Crashes when ever I reach Day 17 month 7 Year 1209.

I have no clue why all it says is that it did an illegal opperation.

In this attachment is a full technical detail of the operation.  YOu just have to find what went wrong I hope it helps.

One sec having problems with the attachment.

Ok I couldn't get the txt file kept showing up blank so I took a screan cap of the error message in the dos messaging.

Fin I'll just type it I so far failed at sending anything more accurate.
 Loading .\Resources\Characters\RandomAddon1.rgirlsx as XML
 Loading .\Resources\Characters\RandomGirls.rgirlsx as XML
 Girl has no script trigger file: .\resources\Characters\Demon Girl\triggers.xml
 Girl has no script trigger file: .\resources\Characters\Cat Girl\triggers.xml
 Girl has no script trigger file: .\resources\Characters\Demon G2\triggers.xml

One thing that bothers me is that their are no trigger files in the lower 3's folders aside from picture files.  I think their is a big somewhere.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:52:28 PM by Command »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Crashes
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 11:23:01 AM »
If anyone is interested, I have a save game that crashes every time.

I've done a little work on it with the debugger, and it seems to be memory corruption - not sure of the source. I've run it under valgrind a bit, and found plenty of complaints, but nothing obviously the cause. There is one persistent complain about accessing bytes 9-12 of a ten byte buffer, which would do it, except that I'd expect most allocated buffers to round to next word boundary anyway. 

Not terribly helpful that, I know...

Offline sgb

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 02:25:06 PM »
Happened to me after buying the second brothel.  At first I thought assigning specific jobs crashed it, but after taking girls off one by one it still crashed.  Only after putting everyone on Free Time could I pass the turn again.

Edit: No idea what's triggering this.  After taking everyone off and passing a turn, I can slowly start assigned people back to jobs without incident.  However once I put about ~10 or so girls back on it crashes and keeps crashing until I take everyone off again.  Tried moving everyone back to first brothel, nothing.  And once it crashes, it keeps crashing until you take everyone off; even if you revert to a save that was working fine.  I'm guessing Doc is correct that it is memory related.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 02:53:10 PM by sgb »

Offline sgb

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 04:09:23 PM »
I reverted my exe to r485 leaving everything else the same, and the save that was crashing before lets me progress.  Saved, back to 593 and it crashes again.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 04:11:24 PM by sgb »