devolution

Author Topic: Items: weapon creation/modification.  (Read 4815 times)

Offline Pinkutako

Items: weapon creation/modification.
« on: July 09, 2014, 10:28:28 AM »

Hey Guys,

I had a question about some of the information in the items XML.  Specifically weapons.  Most of it is pretty straight forward, but I was curious to know what these four do or mean:

dismod
chance
eqchance
badness

Also,  I began modding some of the weapons and armor for my personal gameplay.  Basically, I was switching the Max and Mod Values. My feeling was that the importance of weapons and armors is to increase your maximum stats rather than just give you a stat.  For Example:  A Longsword gives Max Attack 5 and Mod Attack 10.  I would rather see it raise your Max Attack by 10 and give very little or no direct attack gain.  This would give the player a sense of learning to use the weapon.  Attack, Defense, Agility, and Magic are all gained rather steadily from arena combat.  This would probably mean a bit of re-balancing for items.

Anyway, I might be talking out of my ass, but those were just my thoughts as I play.   Keep up the good work.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Items: weapon creation/modification.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 11:28:21 AM »
dismod
chance
eqchance
badness

Implemented:

chance is a chance for an item to appear at given location (more than one location can be specified). For now we have shops so it's basically a chance for a shop to stock the item.

Not Implemented:

dismod = Disposition Modifier.
badness = (WM like) how good would a girl consider this item for her.
eqchance = Chance to Auto-Equip an item.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Pinkutako

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 08:47:20 AM »
Thanks for the fast response last time.  I started messing around with miscellaneous items a bit and I have a couple more questions.

what do cmax and mtemp do?

also, I am assuming that goodtrait and badtrait  are tied into dismod and badness and are therefore not implemented yet.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 08:56:18 AM »
Explanations are here: http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=1883.0

While a bit outdated, as we moved items to .json files, most if the fields still do the same as before.

But feel free to ask If something is still unclear.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:22:11 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Pinkutako

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 09:05:41 AM »
Thanks  ;D