Poll

Should gif support be able to be disabled?

Yes - both in config.xml and in game
13 (41.9%)
Yes - but only in config.xml
11 (35.5%)
Yes - but only in game
2 (6.5%)
No
5 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Ani and Gif files - And image texts  (Read 19596 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Ani and Gif files
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 08:50:43 PM »
Gif files will be added to the girls' image lists for version .06.01.18 but they do not animate yet.

If anyone is adding a gif to a girl pack, make the first frame something that can be used even if it is not animated.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 09:16:56 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Linsroz

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 08:29:26 PM »
I feel like the biggest problem with ani files, aside from the not playing during an interaction/overview is that the application put the images out in bmp format. This confuses Whoremaster, and crashes the program for some reason. You have to convert the frames table to jpg format after running the application.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 01:21:42 PM »
I feel like the biggest problem with ani files, aside from the not playing during an interaction/overview is that the application put the images out in bmp format. This confuses Whoremaster, and crashes the program for some reason. You have to convert the frames table to jpg format after running the application.
I have added a catch for this so if either the .ani file or the .jpg file does not exist, the ani will not be loaded.
It will be in .06.01.19

Offline rxformula91

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 04:39:36 PM »
Hi, just wondering if there's any news on the animated gifs,  great job adding it in btw, but just seeing if getting it to animate has been done yet.

Thanks and keep up the great and excellent work =D

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2015, 12:14:04 PM »
Hi, just wondering if there's any news on the animated gifs,  great job adding it in btw, but just seeing if getting it to animate has been done yet.

Thanks and keep up the great and excellent work =D
Sorry, I have been too busy with my new job to be able to work on the game much.

I have put off animating the gifs for now, I kindof hit a wall with it.
The memory needed to load animated gifs was extreme so I was going to wait until I rewrote the image loading.
I want to make the game only load images when they are needed instead of when the girl is loaded.
This will speed up the game and allow for less memory useage.

Offline Sorren

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2015, 01:15:57 PM »
Sorry, I have been too busy with my new job to be able to work on the game much.

I have put off animating the gifs for now, I kindof hit a wall with it.
The memory needed to load animated gifs was extreme so I was going to wait until I rewrote the image loading.
I want to make the game only load images when they are needed instead of when the girl is loaded.
This will speed up the game and allow for less memory useage.

Another option could be to have a progressive load in, so the game would only load in girls in the market, anyone on an unlocked recruitment option, the brothel and the dungeon. The rest would load in as called per turn and only stay in memory if owned/hired.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2015, 02:14:35 PM »
Another option could be to have a progressive load in, so the game would only load in girls in the market, anyone on an unlocked recruitment option, the brothel and the dungeon. The rest would load in as called per turn and only stay in memory if owned/hired.
I thought about doing it that way but if I'm going to rewrite it anyway, I may as well go all out.
With random girls it loads the images when the girl is created but it loads the image set for each girl and not for each folder.
So if you have 20 random girls using the same image folder, it gets loaded 20 times.
If the image is chosen when needed, the load time for it is only a few milliseconds so it would not seem like it takes any time.
Then the game will start faster, use less memory but still play at about the same rate.

If the image is chosen when needed, then the turn summary could store the image name and always have the same image for that event.
Expanding on this, each image could have its own text associated with it.
When chosen as a whore job event, the image's associated file could be set as the event text.
The pack makers could make event effects customized for each image.

Lots of thoughts coming to me but I have to go to work now.  :-[
Add your thoughts on this and when I get home, I will add more.

Offline Jacko

Re: Ani and Gif files - And image texts
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 08:30:01 PM »
Just wanted to say that .gif support would make this game absolutely amazing.  :P

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2015, 09:03:15 AM »
Well folks, Gifs now work in .06.02.03 so I guess this thread will move on to another topic, Image Texts.  :-*

I would like to have each image have its own text so the girl's turn summary will tell a story based on the image instead of just a random pairing of story and image.
How could this be done? Should this be done?

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2015, 05:35:17 PM »
Well folks, Gifs now work in .06.02.03 so I guess this thread will move on to another topic, Image Texts.  :-*

I would like to have each image have its own text so the girl's turn summary will tell a story based on the image instead of just a random pairing of story and image.
Immersion wise - yay. No more mismatching descriptions.
Implementation wise- ehhh.
I mean, we're talking about girls who may have more than 100 images. We'd have to add a signature text to every single one of them?
I suppose as an optional way to replace the basic game text it's valid, but damn, considering hundreds of girl files alone setting them up in the editor is a lot of work. Describing every single image would take a looooong time.

Offline FlamBurger

• I need to stop lazing about so much.....
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2015, 08:06:31 PM »
We don't have to do it for EVERY picture....Just the ones WE like. 8)
The whole region of Crossgate will be my playground....
Our playground....
The whole freaking world guys....
Crossgate Chronicles?? Yup it's that bad....
I'll still chug on! Plus, The Crazy Team is really doing a good job on this game.
https://mega.nz/#F!A55jWSpT!P-1Lw1-kNxiBfelAH24Kvg My Packs

Offline Romanul

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2015, 07:23:21 PM »
It's not worth the hassle IMO.

Offline Sorren

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2015, 01:37:34 PM »

Resurrection.... I've started adding tags to images so their ready to multi-type, if you use that to determine the story text then it makes life easier....

So for instance GroupOral, LesOral, LesAnal, StripGroup, etc, etc.