devolution

Author Topic: Questions from a nub  (Read 4696 times)

Offline BeyondRepair

Questions from a nub
« on: December 01, 2012, 06:33:17 AM »
Where do you edit missions & it's dialogue? And is there a way to make it give a specific item instead of giving random as a reward?

Is there a way to make an item one of a kind / can only have one during the whole game?

And where do you edit the dialogue "You go out searching"?

Probably more questions later on.

Offline crazy

Re: Questions from a nub
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 08:36:55 PM »
Where do you edit missions & it's dialogue? And is there a way to make it give a specific item instead of giving random as a reward?
Depends on the mission your talking about.  Most you have to edit in the SC so if you don't know how to do that not much you can do.  But there are things you can edit using the script editer.  And no right now it can only give random items.
Is there a way to make an item one of a kind / can only have one during the whole game?
Again no you can make items really rare but not one of a kind
And where do you edit the dialogue "You go out searching"?
If this is from the walk around town script then you can change it with the script editer if its not I'm not sure where your talking about.

Offline BeyondRepair

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 09:40:20 PM »
Depends on the mission your talking about.  Most you have to edit in the SC so if you don't know how to do that not much you can do.  But there are things you can edit using the script editer.  And no right now it can only give random items.Again no you can make items really rare but not one of a kind.
If this is from the walk around town script then you can change it with the script editer if its not I'm not sure where your talking about.

Thanks for the quick reply.
When I mean missions, I mean the weekly missions.
And when I mean the "You go out searching" dialogue, it's when you click the Walk Around Town button,
I can't seem to find that particular dialogue anywhere in the script folder after opening each and every script with script editor.

Offline crazy

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 12:33:03 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply.
When I mean missions, I mean the weekly missions.
And when I mean the "You go out searching" dialogue, it's when you click the Walk Around Town button,
I can't seem to find that particular dialogue anywhere in the script folder after opening each and every script with script editor.
You would have to edit the SC for all that.  It's not bad to do it just to change dialogue.  The You go out searching things is hard coded I remember where it's at now.  What missions are you wanting to change?

Offline BeyondRepair

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 03:28:43 AM »
You would have to edit the SC for all that.  It's not bad to do it just to change dialogue.  The You go out searching things is hard coded I remember where it's at now.  What missions are you wanting to change?

Kinda everything, haha.
I want everything to have proper and perfect dialogue [proper use of grammar and the like].

Trying to make a WM with a fixed up storyline and one that won't get boring after a bit of playing.
1. Making a whole new list of items incorporating items from anime, manga, ETC using proper usage of grammar and if possible; proper pricing and proper balancing.
2. Making own girls with proper use of >good< pictures, pictures categorized >properly< [just a picture of her standing alone would never be labeled as sex, ETC], proper stats and traits, grammar usage and of course if possible, every single picture of that specific girl. [Using a bunch of picture sites and converting all the pictures to proper size & to PNG format without ruining the quality]

Going to incorporate almost >all< if not most series girls.
I plan on spending lots of time on 1 & 2 and with all that, I want good dialogue to go with it, otherwise it would be a waste.
Already got several series completed with literally all the "nice" looking girls and almost all if not most currently existing pictures for them.
Like an example would be... one girl has around 200 pictures, all properly categorized as the image actually  look like.

There's more I plan to do but only if I actually manage to learn how to customize / edit things further or unless I find an experienced person to work with me.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 03:31:19 AM by BeyondRepair »

Offline crazy

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 04:08:21 AM »
That's a lot of work lol.  Some of that wouldn't be to bad but some of it would.  I might suggest working on scripts as making a storyline for the game wouldn't be an easy task.  As far as grammar goes that's something I can help with if your playing me and PP's mod cause if you see bad grammar let me know and I'll gladly fix it.