Author Topic: Designing an H Wrestling Game  (Read 9139 times)

Offline LordJerle

Designing an H Wrestling Game
« on: July 14, 2010, 02:53:39 AM »
Yes, I know, there's H wrestling games out there... sort of.  That one by Toffi, the Rengoku series, Rumble Roses, but not what I'm really looking for.   I'm talking about a wrestling game with rape moves that plays kind of like a console wrestling game.  There's source available, even open source, like MDickie's, which is actually a good basis.  I'd love to possibly discuss taking one of these open source engines (MDickie's is actually the only one I could find... LOL) and turning it into a real H wrestling game with ecchi attacks and everything.  Would anybody be interested in undertaking a project like that?  I can't actually code, but I do have a solid idea in mind and I think it would be awesome if done correctly.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
Re: Designing an H Wrestling Game
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 10:24:44 AM »
I'm afraid I wouldn't be much help since I've only recently started learning Blender. (Using it mostly for animation, not modeling) If however you don't mind having someone on your team who would use the project as a learning experience, I guess I could help out.
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 12:50:08 PM »
Yeah, that'd be fine. I Imped a few MUDs back in the day and I found those who're just learning tend to be more open to new ideas.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 01:13:04 PM »
I'll watch this thread then and see what develops. Like I said before though, at this point I won't be much use. I literally started playing with blender yesterday. (Though I do have a few years of experience from modding and using apps like lulzposerlulz)
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 11:28:20 PM »
Well, here's the link to the source for Wrestling MPire 08, which is the engine I'd like to use as it's easily available and from what I hear, easy to mod.
http://mdickie.com/code.htm

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 02:04:07 AM »
You going for the career or management option?

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 02:21:27 AM »
Well the management is actually an expansion of the career with most of the base in career, so I'm thinking it'd be pretty easy to eventually do both, but, obviously since it's set up off career we'd be doing that first. 
For an example of what's possible as far as modding models and gameplay, here's an existing mod to compare the original to
http://boards.mpiremall.net/twc4/twc4-fight!-download/
From what I've heard from people I've talked to, that's a very skin and bone mod, which opens up plenty of possibilities.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 02:27:39 AM by LordJerle »

Offline laverinthe

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 04:21:19 AM »
Is your game going to be unisex like Princess of the Ring?  Or coed like Fighting of Ecstasy?
The rules were written by people who couldn't win without them.

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 11:16:03 AM »
Co-ed most likely if it can be worked out within the engine.

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 12:59:35 PM »
Here's what I know so far.  Moves can be added via external program, not sure which is better, blender or 3ds.  The models are sectioned block models instead of skeletons, as the game was written to work on computers with low hardware, the code is open source and easily modified, there's a CAW, but it still has plenty of work that needs done on it, as its very minimal.  Actually pretty much everything within the game is editable, but it might be a huge project, needing modelers and coders.  I'd like to coordinate via x-fire, but I can also use AIM, MSN, or Yahoo.  X-Fire just has a few features that would make it easy to talk with people about it, and it's what I use most anyway.  I'm not trying to take away from the current development here, but I tried getting people interested on Hongfire and the thread got spammed out within 2-3 minutes lol, and I'm fully willing to make it a Pinkpetal label game.  It's just something I've been interested in doing for awhile.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 01:49:31 PM »
Here's what I know so far.  Moves can be added via external program, not sure which is better, blender or 3ds. 

3ds is the industry leader, so you are going to find more modelers and animators that use it. Blender is the open source alternative that actually is professionally used software. So it doesn't get the lulz effect that things like poser or Daz studio get. Only problem I can see for mixing them is file formats. But blender can export to 3ds so that might not even be a problem.
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline laverinthe

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 10:41:12 PM »
Maybe you could ask Toffi to help with the character design once he's wrapped up Fairy War 2.  He does pretty good animations, and they interchange with each other quite well.
The rules were written by people who couldn't win without them.

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 11:26:04 PM »
The animation isn't the problem.  He uses 2D fighter maker, which is extremely easy to use, but we'd be doing animations in 3D format, which requires an external program.  There's modding tutorials on the mpiremall.net site I previously posted, so really the only thing that needs done is assemble a team and get the show on the road :P

Offline Lorde

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 11:30:33 PM »
There actually is a 3d version of fighter maker. Not sure how good it is. Also, you wouldn't know where I could find documentation for 2dFM would you? Or anyone for that matter?
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 11:35:20 PM »
http://www.fmhq.us/ has a ton of tutorials and pre-created stuff.