Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3816871 times)

Offline lamoli

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #9795 on: May 31, 2017, 05:52:50 AM »
Just tested it and it worked like a charm :D

So now even if they where not made by MD i still get all the good effects of clothing..

I didnt drop the old ones i can now convert then using this method to turn them into dynamic clothing..
(well they where made for G2F and another body morph but its easy to convert them to my new G3F new body morph just like 5 clicks and moving a slider then send them to MD for physics calculations)

I changed the method because the old one used vertex weights witch need hours and hours of tweaking to get a skirt move right (or any other joints) when legs are moving ( in the past i had to manually correct all those errors by hand.. and before asking anyone else to help out i had to simplify everything possible as you might not be as good as me with vertex pulling lol ) while in this method you just let the program move the clothing for you in the right way.. (well sometimes you need to pin some parts but really easy to do so)

If i compare the 2 now.. its hours saved on more complex clothing for a natural clothing draping VS pulling hundreds/thousand vertex by hand for a average clothing position.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9796 on: May 31, 2017, 05:58:40 AM »
Btw where you talking about clothing design or character design ?

If its character made this body morph as its a general base for lots of anime character but i can still re use all the shapes i had before.. like i said its only a few clicks then pulling a slider..

As for the bra and panty i used for simulation its MD base i made where i can cut any underwear shape i want(or at least get the rough shape of it that i can tweak much faster then having to do it from scratch)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 06:02:18 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #9797 on: May 31, 2017, 06:22:15 AM »
I was mostly talking about character. If this saves a lot of time in the long run, tis great. Otherwise you keep improving something that doesn't really require any improvement :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9798 on: May 31, 2017, 06:31:51 AM »
Indeed i agree..

But i had to rebuild my joint auto-correction for the next gen G3F as almost nobody uses G2F anymore ( meaning now i will have a much bigger template base than before from the community that i could tweak on ) not to mention that auto correction of G3F is much better than what i had in G2F meaning even better look alike poses even on extreme bending (i still had problems with G2F sometimes and needed a minor fix)

so now..

i can use the newly made G3F body morphs if any useful
and the G3F content like clothing/accessory/hair/....

well i could still have convert them to my old G2F but lots of useless conversions and fixing for nothing...

Also 1 of the main reasons i used i thinner base body than before is ... when you morph the body for a character who has more volume like my older model i have no fixing to do ( scaling up has no errors while down does ) after finding out that i switched from old shape to new shape on my G3F base.(and after my new finding for elasticity i always need something a lil smaller for it to work perfectly when its needed )
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 06:45:03 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9799 on: May 31, 2017, 06:47:38 AM »
Valid reasons :)

But this basically means that you'll have to start from scratch cause perfectly mimicking old model might take more time than making a new one? We almost had half-a-random girl iirc.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9800 on: May 31, 2017, 07:34:09 AM »
Well not really.. since i originally made my old model as G3F first but when i noticed the clothing morph scaling down error i made the thinner version.. what need to be done is to convert G2F poses to G3F ones.. there is a batch converter for that that works well ( but it has a fail lol you need to re save them all 1 by 1 else you get errors )

i had 84 poses.. so its 84x loading them and 84x saving them then i have what i had before but on a upgraded model version..

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9801 on: May 31, 2017, 07:40:16 AM »
Ohh lol your already using spine animations in babe runner.. did spine was added to renpy or you used something else ?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9802 on: May 31, 2017, 11:55:58 AM »
Ohh lol your already using spine animations in babe runner.. did spine was added to renpy or you used something else ?

Those are PNG sequences imported from spine... there is no real implementation yet.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9803 on: May 31, 2017, 06:29:40 PM »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9804 on: June 01, 2017, 01:47:36 AM »
Looks really similar to the previous version.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9805 on: June 01, 2017, 03:04:58 AM »
Ok now its confusing.. previous as in the 2 last ( shrimp body version ) or my oldest one you liked ?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9806 on: June 01, 2017, 06:07:44 AM »
I liked the second, less skinny version and it's really hard to envision how this will actually translate to the sprites themselves.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9807 on: June 02, 2017, 07:17:18 AM »
VNSprites ?

Like this (but with clothing when needed)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9808 on: June 02, 2017, 07:32:30 AM »
This is clearer... different hair is needed, this one is shaped really poorly.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9809 on: June 02, 2017, 12:44:40 PM »
yeah witch is why i still have the hair development still in progress stage..

But i already have better ones but they lack physics and hard to control them to fall as they should..