devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3788315 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #9810 on: June 02, 2017, 01:48:03 PM »
Well... it's like PyTFall's buildings and jobs then, uglier and less cool due to optimization and modernization :)

Still loads of work to be done everywhere!
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9811 on: June 02, 2017, 02:07:53 PM »
just grabbed the hair online..

of course i need to rig it right but its fast..

But what i want is the same but dynamic and this might take time.. but in the mean time there plenty of amazing hair there..

http://moogleoutfitters.deviantart.com/gallery/47851035/Hair-Female

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #9812 on: June 02, 2017, 02:11:43 PM »
Yeap, this one is light-years away :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9813 on: June 03, 2017, 09:18:40 AM »
Dark could you find me references where those frilly things appears ?

i remember some around neck and thigh.. and there more than 1 model but somehow i have a hard time finding those..
and what other items goes with those in general..

« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 09:20:42 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9814 on: June 03, 2017, 12:35:40 PM »
Yeap. It's usually a maid outfit, or some fancy formal clothes. Rarely nurse.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ggn0yjukbw6smco/AAA47KP8vDr47Ag1Ziw1P_Aoa?dl=0

I can say that clothes themselves often have similar frills around the edges, but not always.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 12:40:07 PM by DarkTl »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9815 on: June 04, 2017, 01:52:25 PM »
Somehow its really hard to find good references for prostitute job pose/clothing/bg..
So far i like those but thats not enough i need more sample of clothing (as its the rarest lol)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8043b2tojza1n1l/AACGiCO-nyNb4nDOvpFIa5lya?dl=0
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 01:54:13 PM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9816 on: June 05, 2017, 04:44:45 AM »
Just to be clear about prostitutes job..

They will have ranks ( from the old code iv seen if the difference of their current rank and class of customer (beggar-prince or something) is too great looking down she will refuse the job..

This implies there will be cheap(for flee bottom ppl) average(for midtown ppl)high class(for richford ppl)prostitutes ?
and by this i mean shoulnd they wear types of clothing related to their rank (for girl job sprite) ?
i think it would be bad if the highest ranked prostitute serving a noble from richford would wear the same cheap/vulgar clothing as a flee bottom one (unless if the client fetish but the again job profile picture should show the high class/refined clothing even if she cosplay on the act render)

And this is my problem making prostitute clothing.. finding cheap/vulgar is really common.. but high class is rare and the i have to mix the 2 to create the mid class (as it in general all or nothing)..

I really need help finding those high class samples so if you get some free time browse up the net to find me some more.

then i could create them and finally make random girls packs.(as it the clothing type where i need more than 1 or 2 outfit.. and i have whats needed for the other jobs.)

Like..

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 05:16:14 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9817 on: June 05, 2017, 12:41:21 PM »
There will be tiers in beta for all classes, yeah. Not just for prostitutes alone, all classes will have tiers.
More tiers for important jobs (like prostitute) and less for minor jobs (for example cleaner). I think about 10 for the former and 3-5 for the latter. This allows us to use complex and interesting logic, and also balance jobs properly.

But if we go that way with clothes too, all job will need multiple versions of clothes depending on average tier level, not only prostitutes. At least two versions for minor jobs and three for important jobs.
Which is achievable too of course, but will take huge amount of time and even more imagination. If you really willing to render that much, I propose to expand packs post beta  :)

Also, prostitute job by itself doesn't have a special tag. This is because such pictures are very rare indeed, I mean when you can look at the picture and realize immediately that it shows a prostitute. So we simply show sex scenes, assuming that customer already hired the character.
In case if we'll ever need to show prostitute job without sex, it probably just will be underwear.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9818 on: June 05, 2017, 05:28:56 PM »
Yeah during the act most of her clothing will be stripped down to underwear.. witch is why its hard to make profile picture prostitutes as nobody makes them ( they all do the during the act version lol ) well from the sample iv shown you should understand what im after.. if you see something that could fit just save it up for me..

For now im building parts of clothing from previously shown pictures ( all dynamic clothing )

From 2nd pic(luka) previously posted..

only did a approximate pose.. to have something close to tweak how the clothing should look like

Well my plan was to get at lest 2 variation and different camera angles for every job.. else a big problem for rchar so ill make everything over time yes..
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 05:50:58 PM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9819 on: June 06, 2017, 11:50:40 AM »
I would propose to do it in the same way as 2D artists do. When they draw prostitution, they show money in character hand/pockets/whatever or just near her.
https://assets.gelbooru.com/samples/ee/07/sample_ee0798904bcff4c25f3a6d958c2d9f10.jpg

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9820 on: June 08, 2017, 04:16:44 PM »
Since hard to grasp the original short skirt design from original i did more like a corset version..(swapped lace ends by frill for general design)

I should use lace in the panty design else looks too plain lol
(Woops did render on split model so you seed errors on hip/legs..)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 04:29:36 PM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9821 on: June 10, 2017, 05:31:40 AM »
Looks very good anyway.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9822 on: June 10, 2017, 06:30:33 PM »
v3 ( was a little too undressed.. so added a grown )

Always better to have more.. and remove if not needed lol
(Hmm i added a non transparent edge on transparent grown but it looks too flat.. maybe all add some frill next)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 07:45:48 PM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9823 on: June 11, 2017, 03:23:39 AM »
Ok..

By mistake i used basic shader and only saw that now lol..

You should notice the improvement in realism as its now PBR (its mostly the IOR and color management that changes all) i could say the clothing look more alive now

Also tested with lower Ambient Lighting to see if result where right

And worked as expected.. ill still make a grown with frill on lower part as its fairly common ( can always remove it if needed )

Without the Corset..

Of course the grown do not fall right on body as it was draped on corset.. but in case i do not want the corset its a few second of calculation to get it right

From the looks of it what i miss the most is clothing design ideas.. i did laced parts on panty but something is missing like having solid edges lace or frill.. same for grown.. ( having the basic shape is fine but i lack ideas to improve em )
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 03:57:30 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9824 on: June 11, 2017, 04:53:32 AM »
Hmm this one could be a good design..