devolution

Author Topic: WM 1.30 Unofficial  (Read 15874 times)

Offline xorgroth

• Not active, RIP WM
WM 1.30 Unofficial
« on: April 23, 2010, 10:11:38 PM »
This has bugs and quite a few but thought I would give the 1.30 a preview release for others to see. Very early release and use at your own risk. Since it will crash and you might lose your data. Its completely unsupported by the main developers or myself. Top developers can correct me on a few things if they look at the thread with the following.
This is a older version and can grab the newest version on this thread: http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=351.0

1. So far looks like you can't buy a strip bar or gambling hall but can assign workers and buy booze. Even though the main brother page says you have neither.
2. Sometimes the game saves become corrupted and you lose everything. Only had this happen once and been unable to reproduce so far...
3. Cannot make movies it isn't working yet and if you assign a girl to fluffer and chose next week the game crashes.
4. Going to the Dungeon on turn summary page the game will crash.
5. If you have no rival gangs to go after and still have guards sabotaging, the game will crash also.
6. There is only one girl in this download. So you'll have to move over girls from the latest release 1.29.4.6
Those are the only ones I know of and so far most in the code have comment for being in the TODO list.

Final note: You'll have to start a new game and I used 7zip to pack the files.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?03jgyhjjy0n
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:20:31 PM by xorgroth »

Offline fires_flair

Re: WM 1.30 Unofficial
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 11:41:14 PM »
cool, thanks for the release  :)

Offline Samu

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 11:50:20 PM »
while I apreciate the effort, I think I will wait for a more stable version to be released before trying to play 1.30

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 11:55:23 PM »
Yeah same.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline sgb

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 12:02:28 AM »
Thirded on the holding off actually playing a serious game with this, but I took a quick look at it and the UI is a hell of a lot nicer now.

Offline ravenswinus

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 12:36:08 AM »
I don't know if the developers want us to point out any bugs we might have found, but the girls aren't making any money.

What I mean is that no matter how many customers the girls bring in, or how much money the game recognizes them as making, you don't get any of it.  I ran through two games of 10 weeks and at the end of each week I always wound up minus (x) amount of gold
As for the game itself, it looks like a lot of fun.  The new UI is easier to use and I like some of the new products in the store.

Offline xorgroth

• Not active, RIP WM
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 01:16:46 AM »
I don't know if the developers want us to point out any bugs we might have found, but the girls aren't making any money.

What I mean is that no matter how many customers the girls bring in, or how much money the game recognizes them as making, you don't get any of it.  I ran through two games of 10 weeks and at the end of each week I always wound up minus (x) amount of gold
As for the game itself, it looks like a lot of fun.  The new UI is easier to use and I like some of the new products in the store.

I doubt they want bugs for the game yet find it odd you weren't getting paid. Been running a few games on it to see where it crashes and so on but so far get paid while playing.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 03:26:03 AM »
I'm having the no gold issue too. though it might be that my costs are higher then my income and it's just not telling me. and I have to agree the UI is much better.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 03:33:22 AM »
Nah, gold worked fine for me. I ended up playing anyways. :/ It's actually quite stable, I didn't experiment too much. But some of the jobs don't register on the main management screen. 
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Kalebon

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 04:54:41 AM »
Played with it myself ran into 2 issues.

I have had the no gold problem as well. and also I ahve been having a negative income instead of a positive income.

Offline fixet

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 05:40:06 AM »
negative income just means you're earning less than you are losing

also, check the house percentage, some girls default to 0%

Offline coldheartzero

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 02:22:33 PM »

I'm having the negative earnings as well.  I dropped in my modded whore bots (basically super whores) and still never made any money.  Thanks for the sneak peak none the less, I do like the new UI, but some of the lists need to be bigger and more room allowed for explanation of the jobs.

frostking

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 02:52:47 PM »
Gave it a short run last night. Looks really good. So far, I like the changes, and added options. Looking forward to a fully functional version.

Offline LordShame

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 03:11:47 PM »
I just took a peek as well, and the interfaces look sexy. This is gonna be a joy.

Offline Kalebon

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 04:56:27 PM »
Never mind my confirming the glitch, it looks great, and I cannot wait for it to be finished