Author Topic: An idiots question  (Read 3392 times)

Offline Abtakha

An idiots question
« on: August 16, 2010, 12:59:18 PM »
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not, I'm not even sure where I would even begin looking to see where I'd be doing something wrong, but I can't seem to keep a positive income in the game.  My weekly report (usually) reports a positive income, i.e. the brothel makes a profit, the gangs cover their expenses plus, but I keep losing money :(
I have yet to last 2months in the game, so any advice would be wonderful! :D
Fairly sure its something I'm doing wrong tho, or there would be more comments like this in the forums right?
There will be exceptions to everything I say, without exception

Offline TF

Re: An idiots question
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 02:41:41 PM »
Pretty sure I've heard of this before... might depend on what version you're playing. I know that in the past, not everything was calculated in the weekly report. I think maybe the girls' living expenses weren't... and possibly girls bought items when they didn't have any gold, so it would take out of your pool.

A while back, I think there was also a version in none of the earned money was adding up.

I think I also saw a problem like this once with trying to unzip one version over another. If you tried that, you might look at unzipping to a fresh folder.

If there isn't a bug in the game itself, you can use the WMEditor to change your starting gold in the config file to make things a bit easier.

Offline adrian24

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 02:45:00 PM »
My answer is easy, because it happened to me when I started playing. :D

Go to "girl management" and then "assign jobs". It's not enough to buy them at slave market, you have to tell them what to do...

Offline Abtakha

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 04:20:50 PM »
As far as I am aware, I'm playing the latest version, 1.30.3 beta syn: 485 is what it says at the top of the screen - and yes i am giving the girls jobs, usually whoring in the streets.

Offline fixet

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 05:41:54 PM »
try downloading wm again, and copy the characters folder from your older directory over to the freshly downloaded one

if the problem persists, you are probably missing something, and are not really turning a profit
otherwise, it should be fixed

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 06:55:09 PM »
Maybe you're spending too much on advertising?
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

Offline Abtakha

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 12:46:15 AM »
only way I've advertised is thru the job for it, haven't had any real shortage of customers I don't think...at the very least all my girls are having a steady flow of customers without spending money on it, I'll try re-downloading it, I was really hoping I wouldn't need to tho, my connections really slow for a wireless :-[
(edit)
That appears to have done it, thanks guys :-[ I was almost certain it was yet another game I didn't understand as well as I thought I did (if that makes sense...)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:57:53 AM by Abtakha »