devolution

Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025931 times)

Offline Whitetooth

Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now
« Reply #1200 on: January 11, 2015, 02:35:18 AM »
I don't know if you took my advice about adding surnames to randoms but I'm gonna make a fu*kton list of American surnames for ya.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #1201 on: January 11, 2015, 02:46:23 AM »
I don't know if you took my advice about adding surnames to randoms but I'm gonna make a fu*kton list of American surnames for ya.
Already got a list of 28000+ surnames in with the game and another list with 88000+ available if needed.
And yes, when a random girl is created, 90% of the time she will get a surname. (I figured there should be at least a few girls with 1 name.)

At the moment, I am updating the New Game screen.
It will start out with just Brothel name, Player First and Last names and birth date.
In time it will allow much more customization of the player.

Update 1:
It loads but does not do anything yet.

Update 2:
I got the front end working spectacularly.
The 3 edit boxes and the 2 sliders can be switched between with the tab key or the up and down arrows.
The 2 sliders can be adjusted with the left and right arrows or the home/end and pageup/pagedown keys.
The escape key clears the current edit box.
When the up/down select the sliders, the slider button changes color as if the mouse were over it.
There is a problem with that and the mouse conflicting but goes back to the correct way when the keys are pressed again.

The sliders set the players month and day of birth and are good to go.
The text boxes need to be setup to pass the text and there will need to be a check so it doesn't pass empty strings.
I should be able to get that done after I sleep.

I should probably adjust the size and position of everything.
Take that image and move the things around how you think it should be and post it to your response.

This is going to be the first of several new game pages that will walk through the player creation.
What else would you like to see in that and in what order?

Update 3:
Well it was easier to do the back end than I thought it would be.
.06.00.24 should be out shortly.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 08:40:26 AM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #1202 on: January 11, 2015, 09:06:45 AM »

i was wondering, sence you have birthdate are you planning on using that to generate the horiscope
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #1203 on: January 11, 2015, 09:55:20 AM »
Great idea to use first and surnames and the things with mothers and daughters.

How does it work in combination with the unique daughters which I already have into my characters folder?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1204 on: January 11, 2015, 10:26:35 AM »
i was wondering, sence you have birthdate are you planning on using that to generate the horiscope
No, but if someone writes it, I can add it.

Great idea to use first and surnames and the things with mothers and daughters.
How does it work in combination with the unique daughters which I already have into my characters folder?
It does not work yet.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1205 on: January 14, 2015, 04:24:22 AM »
At the moment I am working on gangs and rivals.

The game is going to get a little harder in the next release.

You will start with 5 rivals instead of 4 and they will be randomly created instead of fixed numbered.
They will start attacking you in the 3rd month (9th turn) instead of the 7th month.
The longer they are left alone, the stronger their gangs will get.
Rivals will be harder to get rid of for good.

On an unrelated note, I changed the prices to buy the Clinic and the Farm to be more realistic. (Also because the Clinic now earns you much more money than it used to.)
BuildingCostBusinesses
Centre50005
Farm1000010
Arena1500015
Studio2000020
Clinic2500025
------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 05:08:38 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Lurker

« Reply #1206 on: January 14, 2015, 04:25:09 AM »

The game is going to get a little harder in the next release.

Sweeeeeeeeeet.  8)

Offline Metaphor23

« Reply #1207 on: January 14, 2015, 06:09:58 AM »
Perhaps a stupid question, but where can i find the biography of a girl?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1208 on: January 14, 2015, 06:25:05 AM »
Perhaps a stupid question, but where can i find the biography of a girl?
On the building's girls list page under the picture.

Offline Crimson

« Reply #1209 on: January 14, 2015, 11:55:41 AM »
The new trait Cum Addict can allow girls to become pregnant even when the pregnancy chance in the configuration is set to 0.  This trait really becomes annoying if you don't want your girls to get pregnant since this trait can override anti-pregnancy.

i'll second this. even while using anti-preg pots, girls just keep getting pregnant, and that is annoying as hell.

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #1210 on: January 14, 2015, 12:12:28 PM »

i'll second this. even while using anti-preg pots, girls just keep getting pregnant, and that is annoying as hell.
Brand and sell the offspring? About a quarter of my monthly income must be from branding/selling daughters and catacomb-girls by now. I also found daughters tend to have base-stats not far from their mothers' "buffed" stats. So while I gave her mom a bunch of potions to get certain stats, skills and traits, the daughters seem to often get some of those by default. Which means I get a girl with similar stats at a much lower investment. More and more of them find their way back into my brothels.  ;D

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1211 on: January 14, 2015, 03:42:21 PM »
The new trait Cum Addict can allow girls to become pregnant even when the pregnancy chance in the configuration is set to 0.  This trait really becomes annoying if you don't want your girls to get pregnant since this trait can override anti-pregnancy.
I didn't like this either so I greatly reduced it.
I made it much rarer for a girl to get Cum Addict in the first place by dropping the base percent from 10 to 1 and requiring an oral check.
If they do have the Cum Addict trait, when it comes time for the check for if she remembers to use antipreg, she has to fail an intelligence check not to use antipreg.
This was done in .06.00.25 but I forgot to include it in the changelog.

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #1212 on: January 14, 2015, 06:12:30 PM »
I didn't like this either so I greatly reduced it.
I made it much rarer for a girl to get Cum Addict in the first place by dropping the base percent from 10 to 1 and requiring an oral check.
If they do have the Cum Addict trait, when it comes time for the check for if she remembers to use antipreg, she has to fail an intelligence check not to use antipreg.
This was done in .06.00.25 but I forgot to include it in the changelog.
Just wondering.. Does it bypass infertility, like, from a Prophylactic Ring, as well? Or are infertile girls still safe from being impregnated through the Cum Addict trait?
If infertility is a secure counter to Cum Addict Pregnancy, then I could make a couple of variations for the Prophylactic ring. "Lesser Prophylactic Rings", so to speak. Those might be more common, but probably also have some serious drawbacks, to keep the rarer Prophylactic ring a more desirable choice.

There might be some other options available as well, but, overall, I think it's all about game balance, and I feel pregnancy/breeding is an interesting feature to keep. For example, is it possible to add "No Vagina" and "No Butt" traits, which would allow for all sexual activities minus those involving those? That would allow for interesting new magicks and chastity belts. (I could make a chastity belt, and set it to "Infertile", but generic sex would still happen, which wouldn't make sense.)

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #1213 on: January 14, 2015, 06:59:32 PM »
Just wondering.. Does it bypass infertility, like, from a Prophylactic Ring, as well? Or are infertile girls still safe from being impregnated through the Cum Addict trait?
If infertility is a secure counter to Cum Addict Pregnancy, then I could make a couple of variations for the Prophylactic ring. "Lesser Prophylactic Rings", so to speak. Those might be more common, but probably also have some serious drawbacks, to keep the rarer Prophylactic ring a more desirable choice.

There might be some other options available as well, but, overall, I think it's all about game balance, and I feel pregnancy/breeding is an interesting feature to keep. For example, is it possible to add "No Vagina" and "No Butt" traits, which would allow for all sexual activities minus those involving those? That would allow for interesting new magicks and chastity belts. (I could make a chastity belt, and set it to "Infertile", but generic sex would still happen, which wouldn't make sense.)

For WM:Evolved im working on making traits able to disable the choice of working certain jobs, it will be more advanced when it comes to adding custom scripts to the traits

Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1214 on: January 14, 2015, 08:09:29 PM »

Good catch.
Sterile is calculated farther down the line of the pregnancy check.
So, the cum addict check will still say "She got over-excited by her desire for cum, and failed to use her anti-preg." but will always say "Luckily she didn't get pregnant."
I will fix this to remove this issue.

So, Yes, Sterile is a 100% prevention to pregnancy (except for extreme magical cases).

"No Vagina" and "No Anus" traits, when added, will prevent the corresponding sex acts.