devolution

Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Beta  (Read 169531 times)

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
Re: Bugs: 1.30 Beta
« Reply #210 on: September 06, 2010, 09:46:45 AM »
I found a bug but I am not sure how to recreate it.  I went and bought the second brothel and then it automaticly started me out on a new game with the date zeroed out and no girls and no gangsters.  I also had both the first and second brothels both named the same as the new name that I chose.

I am not sure but I think that there needs to be a way to re-balance libido.  First, it along with the "other stats", uses a floating point, which is not really a problem for most of the stats but when a girl works as a whore I often see her libido drop by 20 points in one week.  As far as I know the only way for it to recover decently is consumable items such as the roses but that is very costly.

What version are you running? Please run the game and double-check. You can see the version in the top bar of the game window.

Offline cleaveice

« Reply #211 on: September 07, 2010, 03:13:59 AM »
Hello,ima newbie here. Welli've just downloaded the game recently v1.30 on page one of the thread ..there seems to be some problems with the game (it freezes) especially when i am "managing girls" yup and i lost  a few weeks (game time) of stuffz--what a waste (because i force quit the game) lolx.. does anyone else come across this? (sorry im too lazy to read all 15 pgs  of posts here considering i have internet time limit) and there's once when im interacting with each of the girls, after 10 interactions or so, the button greys out (not clickable) umm..is there a limit for number of interactions per week?

Nice game btw, iwish the game would run smoothly ..it kills mood to play for a game to freeze to have to restart.. owh plz tell me if im missing somehting like the updates..i apologize if this problem has been solved , if so, plz tell me which update version has the fix ..thank you!

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #212 on: September 07, 2010, 03:33:20 AM »

I'm not aware of any freezing problems currently. Does the title bar say r450 or r485?

Offline Ravensdark

« Reply #213 on: September 07, 2010, 05:02:34 AM »
What version are you running? Please run the game and double-check. You can see the version in the top bar of the game window.

v1.30.0 BETA Svn: 416  I have not really done anything sense the problem happened

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #214 on: September 07, 2010, 09:38:12 AM »
v1.30.0 BETA Svn: 416  I have not really done anything sense the problem happened

First thing to try then is upgrading to the latest version.

Offline sgb

« Reply #215 on: September 07, 2010, 10:47:03 PM »
Well, the end of turn crash still seems to happen even on the latest build but it's very rare and it doesn't corrupt the auto-save afterwards anymore (ie I can reload, try to pass the turn again and it will work this time).  I don't notice anything odd in the debug screen when this happens, so I'm not sure I can give any useful information to help you flush this last major crash out.

Offline cleaveice

« Reply #216 on: September 08, 2010, 03:00:45 AM »
uhh..im not sure how the reply system works here.. (how come there's notification whenever there's reply? is it specific reply targeted at the specific user or.. do i have to hit some links or what?)

-nway about the freezing, i was using r450 ..i wasnt aware of the folder called r485 until recently (apparently it is to replace files on the r450 folder) lolx.. ahaha..i'll try that first ..

what i find strange is it doesnt occur the first time i played the game, as i get more girls and more stuffs, it occurs more frequently.. by freeze i mean "Not Responding".

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #217 on: September 08, 2010, 01:11:00 PM »
uhh..im not sure how the reply system works here.. (how come there's notification whenever there's reply? is it specific reply targeted at the specific user or.. do i have to hit some links or what?)

-nway about the freezing, i was using r450 ..i wasnt aware of the folder called r485 until recently (apparently it is to replace files on the r450 folder) lolx.. ahaha..i'll try that first ..

what i find strange is it doesnt occur the first time i played the game, as i get more girls and more stuffs, it occurs more frequently.. by freeze i mean "Not Responding".

This is with r485, and by "freeze" you mean it permanently locks up and you have to forcefully close the game? If so, do you have a savegame where it fairly consistently locks up on Next Week (assuming that's where it's locking up)?

Offline SCO

« Reply #218 on: September 13, 2010, 02:38:51 AM »
Yeah, I've been getting the Next Week button freeze happening to me since I updated to 1.30 from 1.29.  it's gotten so bad that all of my save files are not locking.  The other day when it first happened it did it once every dozen turns or so, but not enough to bother me.  Then yesterday it was every turn, for three or four tries before it worked.  Today, everytime.  Haven't gotten to advance any of my save files.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: September 13, 2010, 05:36:37 AM »
Can you post one of those savegames which is causing the game to lockup on Next Day, then?

Offline SCO

« Reply #220 on: September 13, 2010, 12:19:13 PM »
Sure thing.  Mediafire to the rescue!  http://www.mediafire.com/?9ib4r79ckcq7fzu

Offline Abtakha

« Reply #221 on: September 13, 2010, 12:26:46 PM »
I had some problems with freezing sometimes, but it turned out to be a girl in a pack I'd downloaded, had a bad trigger trying to trig (or whatever the phrasing for that would be.) when I removed the girl (I think it was chun-li's new trigger) the problem went away.
There will be exceptions to everything I say, without exception

Offline SCO

« Reply #222 on: September 13, 2010, 10:54:08 PM »
Forgot to mention, I've got SVN 485.

I think the problem has something to do with the gangs repopulating.  The log always get to posting that up, and then it locks.  I thought about changing the config file to make that happen less frequently, or just lowering the number of gangs on the list in general.  I'll edit after I check this.

EDIT:  Changes to config do nothing.  Sucks.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 11:35:16 PM by SCO »

Offline drake

« Reply #223 on: September 14, 2010, 01:13:29 PM »
Do you have a custom gangnames file, cause I ran into that, you have to have at least 20 names and have the right number at the first line of the file or it will croak on you.

Offline SCO

« Reply #224 on: September 14, 2010, 10:29:44 PM »
Nope.  gang names list is the basic list that comes with the new install.