devolution

Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Beta  (Read 169540 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Bugs: 1.30 Beta
« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2010, 10:12:11 PM »
Yeah, mea culpa. I set the opening to use a lua event, and somewhere in the changes it stopped working.

I'll look at it now.

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2010, 10:46:34 PM »
thanks for looking into it and good luck making the rest of your planned/hoped updates
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2010, 11:25:29 PM »
Thanks. I'm making steady progeress with the lua stuff, so to that extent, it's looking good.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2010, 11:55:16 PM »
Looks like some scripts broke in the new version.  For example, the opening 'story' script when starting a new game doesn't trigger now.

Actually, that one's my fault. I just checked and it looks like I missed including Doc's new separate Lua intro script file in the update. It'll be in the next update, but in the meantime:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f7cbpjtjkhrjx4y
You can extract that into your WM folder to add the intro script back (in its new editable Lua form courtesy of Doc).

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #184 on: August 01, 2010, 07:32:00 AM »
A long time i've thought it could be consciously that sometimes a gang was killed even though 'lets say' only 11 members died after a melee... but meanwhile i've changed my opinion.

Is it still a bug ?

After ckicking on the button "next week" , and getting a report  like.: the young guns lost 11men in a battle , the gang was killed ???
For explanation : I only send gangs into actions when they are full = 15 members.
Isn't 15-11=4 ?

Sometimes i have a similar event when a girl was hurting and got damage points. The damage points she gets are nearby 10 points lower than the lifepoints but she is dead anyway.
That does happen only sometimes!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 07:33:49 AM by HuiBui »

Offline adrian24

« Reply #185 on: August 08, 2010, 06:40:45 PM »
Dagoth, I was referred to you and this thread, although this bugs are from version 1.29.4.6 beta, not 1.30.

1. When I try to buy 6. brothel game doesn't ask number of businesses I   own, it only says (25000 gp - 50 rooms). However, clicking buy option   doesn't buy it.

2. This is a "positive" bug: infinite money,   however I don't like cheating.... When I try to sell back items to shop, I   get money, but my items stay with me (multiple quantity of an item). Happened a couple of times. I think it may have something to do with positioning of the player and shop: it happened when I put shop inventory on the left side of the screen and player inventory on the right side.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: August 09, 2010, 04:26:27 AM »
A long time i've thought it could be consciously that sometimes a gang was killed even though 'lets say' only 11 members died after a melee... but meanwhile i've changed my opinion.

Is it still a bug ?

After ckicking on the button "next week" , and getting a report  like.: the young guns lost 11men in a battle , the gang was killed ???
For explanation : I only send gangs into actions when they are full = 15 members.
Isn't 15-11=4 ?

Sometimes i have a similar event when a girl was hurting and got damage points. The damage points she gets are nearby 10 points lower than the lifepoints but she is dead anyway.
That does happen only sometimes!

I think Doc is working on that one.

Dagoth, I was referred to you and this thread, although this bugs are from version 1.29.4.6 beta, not 1.30.

The 1.29 branch is outdated and will not receive any more bugfixes, now that 1.30 is considered to be in beta status again. AFAIK, both of those are fixed in 1.30.

Offline Spacebird

« Reply #187 on: August 09, 2010, 09:41:15 AM »
Not sure if I ,issed a post but.....  I can't seem to set House % anymore. I hit the button but nothing happens.

Offline Kintaro Oe

« Reply #188 on: August 09, 2010, 09:45:39 AM »
hi,
Thanks for the update, now my save data (unique girls) work (able to load)! :P
But now only the random Girls can be pregnant, not my unique girls! :-[
Can someone help me?

cu. Kinta  ;)

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #189 on: August 09, 2010, 03:19:05 PM »
Not sure if I ,issed a post but.....  I can't seem to set House % anymore. I hit the button but nothing happens.

If you have r450 or newer, there is no button for House%, there's a slider instead. If you're seeing a button, your copy wasn't properly updated.
The specific file is "\Resources\Interface\girl_details_screen.xml", but I expect you have more outdated files as well.

hi,
Thanks for the update, now my save data (unique girls) work (able to load)! :P
But now only the random Girls can be pregnant, not my unique girls! :-[
Can someone help me?

cu. Kinta  ;)

I can't duplicate this with my current un-committed version or with r485; unique girls get pregnant fine. You might check the girl's statistics to see if she's sterile; you might also check her inventory for items such as prophylactic rings.

Offline Kintaro Oe

« Reply #190 on: August 10, 2010, 03:49:28 AM »
You might check the girl's statistics to see if she's sterile; you might  also check her inventory for items such as prophylactic rings.
They aren´t sterile and have no prophylactic rings! I also increase the probability to get pregnant by player to 66% and it doesn´t works( after 30 runnings she isn´t pregnant!)!!!!!  :'(
Do you have an idea?

Offline fixet

« Reply #191 on: August 10, 2010, 10:02:56 AM »
is there a difference between  the torture button and interact with --> torture?

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but the latter has a tendency to add masochist/mind fucked/broken will, or all of them, seemingly depending on their health

Offline Bluebeholder

« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2010, 01:06:30 PM »
is there a difference between  the torture button and interact with --> torture?

I find that interact with has a much higher rate of triggering the traits you mentioned and they have a significant reduction in escaping.  I kinda always chalked it up as a bonus for using your personal actions.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2010, 03:52:04 PM »
They aren´t sterile and have no prophylactic rings! I also increase the probability to get pregnant by player to 66% and it doesn´t works( after 30 runnings she isn´t pregnant!)!!!!!  :'(
Do you have an idea?
Do you have anti-preg potions (bought in Brothel Setup) and have them set to use them (in their Girl Details screen), then? Otherwise, I have no idea.

Offline fixet

« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2010, 08:36:32 PM »
I find that interact with has a much higher rate of triggering the traits you mentioned and they have a significant reduction in escaping.  I kinda always chalked it up as a bonus for using your personal actions.
yeah, I thought it just considers more factors than the default action, or something, but then I started getting mindfucked, masochist, and broken will for every girl with low health, all at the same time

so, they go from relatively rebellious to completely docile in one click
I feel like I'm cheating