devolution

Author Topic: Questions and suggestions about traits, stats and items  (Read 12626 times)

Offline adrian24

Questions and suggestions about traits, stats and items
« on: August 10, 2010, 04:14:35 PM »
1. Obedience vs. spirit: shouldn't these oppose each other? I mean usually to make a slave you need to break her spirit. So there should be formula obedience + spirit = 100.

2. Askprice - what is that? If that is cash girl demands up front to work for you why is it from 0-100?

3. Iron will is opposed to broken will - however, shouldn't "mind fucked" also negate iron will ?

4. If rebelliousness is high enough, girl won't work at all, is that right?

4. I'd like to see 3. newton law implemented  8) :
Reaction and opposite reaction:
You give rebellious girl item with "mind fucked trait". After that she does everything for you, you even have no problem branding her as slave.
However it would be great if when you remove that item from her, her rebelliousness goes through the roof: she probably even escapes and you have to re-educate her in dungeon.
Also it would be cool for other items - removal of items will have temporary negative effects on girls.
It would give some level of difficulty to the game. Remove anti-tiredness item, and girl can't work couple of weeks, because tiredness went to 100%.

5. WM editor - are green boxes for minimal/maximal value through entire game, or are they just for starting values? For example if I write in HP box 90 instead 100, does that mean girls HP will be maximum of 90 through entire game, or does that mean she just needs healing to get to 100?

6. Clumsy - girl makes mistakes; what kind of mistakes, how is that visible in game?

7. Non human vs. construct. If construct is checked, non human should automatically be checked also. If construct doesn't activate non-human because it looks like human, vampires shouldn't be marked as non-humans, since they are even more humans than constructs.

8. Random girl: trait - non human, box is checked as human. Of course most of us won't do it, but I would like that there is some order and some limitation implemented in this matter.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:22:25 PM by adrian24 »

Offline TF

Re: Questions and suggestions about traits, stats and items
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 09:17:46 PM »
2. Askprice is (pretty sure) the price a girl charges for a roll in the hay.

3. Mind fucked can be cured, and it follows that the a girl's Iron Will would be restored upon her regaining her right mind.

7. Not necessarily... under the definition being used, an *entirely* human girl brought into existence by magical means could be considered a construct.

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 09:27:56 PM »
A clone could be considered a construct but if it is a human clone it would be a human construct
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 12:26:57 AM »
The definitions are a little fuzzy. In practice, "construct" means "very hard to hurt" so it's best applied to robot girls.

I think "non-human" is a pure fetish marker; for people who like their girls with pointy ears, or tails and what not.

A rigorous overhaul of the trait system is probably a good idea, but it would break too many girl packs. Maybe with CloneMaster :)

Offline adrian24

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 02:46:17 AM »
PCFear: does it increase or decrease rebelliousness?

I mean, girl can be scared into doing everything you ask and she can escape the first chance she gets because of it.

Is PCFear negating PCHate in equasions? She hates you and doesn't wan't to do anything for you, but she is afraid of you and does it because of it?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 03:57:29 AM »
PCFear: does it increase or decrease rebelliousness?

I mean, girl can be scared into doing everything you ask and she can escape the first chance she gets because of it.

Is PCFear negating PCHate in equasions? She hates you and doesn't wan't to do anything for you, but she is afraid of you and does it because of it?

Honest answer: I'm not sure. The rebellion calculations are somewhat byzantine and I don't have the source to hand right now.

I'll see if I can get an answer for you after I get home tonight.

Offline TF

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 04:00:56 AM »
If I remember correctly, PCFear must be greater than PCHate for a girls rebellion to drop from torture and suchlike. In and of itself, I don't think it actually does anything; it only has an effect through actions being taken, so you have to try to balance Fear and Hate if you're trying to break girls. That's why girls with the Fearless trait tend not to lose any of that pesky rebelliousness.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 10:06:29 AM »
I think rebellion is a derived stat though so it can't drop on it's own. (baring traits and slave status of course) Something else has to drop before it will go down.

However, torture might not drop spirit as much with high pchate and visa-versa.

I dug though the initial scripts for the dungeon way back as well as looked up torture and scold in the source code. So I "think" it's like this. Not 100% sure though since it's been a while.

edit: for clarity.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 07:39:02 PM by Lorde »
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline adrian24

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 02:31:35 PM »
Oh, and I think that branding girl a slave should increase PCHate and rebelliousness instead lowering it. I mean really, no girl in her right mind will wan't to become someones "personal branded property".

Oh, what does "not giving food" gives to player in dungeon girl terms (except lowering HP of dungeon girls)?

Offline Lorde

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 03:15:50 PM »
Oh, and I think that branding girl a slave should increase PCHate and rebelliousness instead lowering it. I mean really, no girl in her right mind will wan't to become someones "personal branded property".

Oh, what does "not giving food" gives to player in dungeon girl terms (except lowering HP of dungeon girls)?

The brand is magical in nature and drops their rebellion a flat 30 points. You could remove the 30 point hit to rebellion. But then that removes whatever advantage Branding had over leaving them free.

not feeding also decreases spirit faster.
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline adrian24

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »
The definitions are a little fuzzy. In practice, "construct" means "very hard to hurt" so it's best applied to robot girls.

So Seven of Nine from Star Trek Voyager would be half-construct, because she has cyber implants?

Offline adrian24

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 03:25:55 PM »
Intelligence should be a double-edged sword in the game:
girl with higher intelligence would level-up faster, but dumber girls could be easily coerced into doing stuff smart girls wouldn't.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 04:05:47 PM »
So Seven of Nine from Star Trek Voyager would be half-construct, because she has cyber implants?

Yeah, that would be an appropriate use of the trait.

I suppose it would be nice to split traits into functional and descriptive traits. So we could have "Damage Resistant" for "hard to hurt" and "Construct" for "girl is a robot". But that would break too many existing girl packs. Maybe for CM.

girl with higher intelligence would level-up faster, but dumber girls could be easily coerced into doing stuff smart girls wouldn't.

Yeah, sounds reasonable.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 07:34:58 PM »

Yeah, sounds reasonable.

50 for a baseline. over 50 more rebel and XP under 50 less rebel and XP. Sounds deceptively simple.  :D
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline fixet

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 08:21:28 PM »
But that would break too many existing girl packs. Maybe for CM.
most of the existing packs sorely need revising, anyway, imo

they're pretty imbalanced, and op'ed to match the creator's perception of them
in many cases the stats don't make sense, even going by the show they appear in

all of that doesn't help the game balance
maybe we should try to form some sort of consensus on the stats, like exactly what 50 combat means