Author Topic: Want to help? Read this!  (Read 46685 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Want to help? Read this!
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2015, 12:39:51 PM »
Definitely not from alpha... I uploaded new ones here if want to take a look.

For a start you can write small texts just like you do it for whore job atm, but for actions between MC and girls from interactions. Kiss, hug, grab ass, grab boobs.
Not based on skills or stats, but based on the level of disposition. Ie for example from a small short kiss to deep one with tongue.

Offline krakr

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2015, 01:40:11 PM »
Definitely not from alpha... I uploaded new ones here if want to take a look.

For a start you can write small texts just like you do it for whore job atm, but for actions between MC and girls from interactions. Kiss, hug, grab ass, grab boobs.
Not based on skills or stats, but based on the level of disposition. Ie for example from a small short kiss to deep one with tongue.
Yeah that's pretty much what I thought you meant. I'm looking at Chat.rpy from the master file now & other than 1 or 2 spelling errors, I wouldn't change a thing.
The existing conversation texts are perfectly fine from my perspective.
Some typos & grammar fixes: Chat.rpy

Line 536----  if co("Stright Prostitute"):
Should be Straight

Line 602 has 2 errors
"Manly": ["She gives you a lection how to build your muscles properly. You feel a bit offended, but keep your cool.", "She casually remarks that you should exercise more often, and gives you some advices."],
Lection = lecture on //// advices at the end should just be advice

Line 604 (very end)-------- You envy."],
Should be You envy her

Line 607 ---- You comforting her."],
should be You try to comfort her.

Line 609 ------ how hard to find adult clothes
should be ----- how hard it is to find adult clothes

Also, I noticed the one school of magic, "electricity" If we're dealing with a pre-industrial civilization, isn't it more in keeping with lore to make it lightning?
Line 318 ----             $gm_abouther_list.append(choice(["I'm pretty good with electricity magic."]))
even sounds better if you change electricity to lightening.

If you want me to make the changes myself, I'd rather not work on any of the master files.
I've just been DLing the master ZIP & checking it out in renpy or Editra to be more specific.
I didn't bother getting GIT since I'm clueless and paranoid I'll fuck something up.

[edit] found another, line 334:
have to wait me."]))
should be ---- have to wait for me

Line 383:
travellers
should be travelers

Line 389:
don't you thing?
should be ---- don't you think?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 01:54:41 PM by krakr »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2015, 02:32:05 PM »
Yeap, spell checking helps too, thanks  :)

Offline krakr

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2015, 02:58:10 PM »
I went through chat.rpy, from the link you gave. I made a couple dialogue changes, but mostly just the changes I listed already if you want it.

Givegift.rpy has 1 error
Line 96
 $rc("What do you think you doing?
should be you're doing

Givemoney.rpy has a strange line on line 75
              "You gave you [temp] G."
I left as is, cuz IDK if it should be "she gave you" or "you gave her"

[edit] done for now, I'll pick up on the others later. The actual conversation texts are nicely done though.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 03:31:40 PM by krakr »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2015, 09:35:58 AM »
Awesome, thanks. I copypasted that line with [temp] from another part of the code and forgot to change appropriately  :D

Offline krakr

« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2015, 01:16:24 PM »
Been proof-reading the next 8.
As long as noone worked on them since yesterday, they're up to date.
A couple I didn't need to change at all, but I forgot which ones, so I'm just upping them all.

Offline krakr

« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2015, 01:25:44 PM »
the other 4. I'll finish the rest up later or tomorrow.

Offline krakr

« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2015, 01:47:22 PM »
Just realized Touch was the only interaction left, Training & screens-interactions are fine as is.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2015, 02:54:24 PM »
Kewl... I've been very busy so there was no time to check the new stuff yet. I'll do that soon, still got an hour or two tonight but I want to hack at BE a bit so I don't loose track of what I'm doing there.

I'll study everything that was written here in a couple of days :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline krakr

« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2015, 01:21:15 PM »
got my own dropbox for texts, noticed a typo or 2 in some of the texts I made already, so I'll keep the up to date texts there.
(stupid shit that don't show up in spell check like "her" instead of "he")
I'll continue attaching *.rpy files I proofread though so you can tell if they're up to date.
I DL the master file about every 2 days. (GitHub repo)
With interactions done, what should I look into next?
Something noone else is editing now.
I'm still doing fuck texts as well, just down to about 10 or so a day now since there's no huge need for them atm.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yp3feuwuxun5z7u/AADjS8MYBY_7VKzqQtFECAC6a?dl=0
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 01:34:31 PM by krakr »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2015, 01:49:04 PM »
If you'd like to do more spell checking, there are also traits, mobs and items descriptions. They are in game\content\db, there are files starting with "items_" and "traits_", and one file "mobs".

After you finish with sex scenes, you are welcomed to try to write short descriptions for hugs, kisses and grabbing stuff from interactions.
I do not mean lines, I mean the acts themselves, just like you describe acts for whore job. Like, the character slaps you in the face or something if you try to grab her with low disposition, but more compliant with high disposition.

edit: Alright, all your fixes for interactions are pushed into the repo  :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 02:12:41 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2015, 02:32:02 PM »
how up in spell check like "her" instead of "he")

I'll check of we have pronouns coded in tomorrow, it's one of those things that are very simple to add so it feels like we should have done that already...

==
I was done but only for clients for some reason, I'll see if I can add that tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 02:36:05 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline krakr

« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2015, 02:41:25 PM »
If you'd like to do more spell checking, there are also traits, mobs and items descriptions. They are in game\content\db, there are files starting with "items_" and "traits_", and one file "mobs".

After you finish with sex scenes, you are welcomed to try to write short descriptions for hugs, kisses and grabbing stuff from interactions.
I do not mean lines, I mean the acts themselves, just like you describe acts for whore job. Like, the character slaps you in the face or something if you try to grab her with low disposition, but more compliant with high disposition.

I went through hugs & kisses & stuff (interactions) the other day, I only added/edited a few things & attached them to earlier post. I found most of the existing stuff to be just fine.
I'd prefer not to make whole texts for that type of stuff now, since I'm already committed to the fuck texts. Proof reading is a nice way for me to wind down from *trying* to be creative.
I've caught errors in my own texts already, so it's not like I'm criticizing. A fresh pair of eyes is always a useful thing.
From a player's perspective, it can be annoying to wade through a mile of typo's & shit grammar and typo's aren't always misspellings. I've played a crapload of Japanese games using machine translations & it can get so horrible. I'd just like to make sure you guys present as good a beta as possible.

I'll take a look in the content stuff & let ya know what I get.

I was just looking at "classes-characters.rpy" & found 1 typo & 1 error.
Line 355 & line 357 both have "War Maiden" as rank title
Line 367, "Ecdysiastn" is spelled "Ecdysiast" (had to google wtf it meant  :-[ )

Just as an FYI, at my current pace, I'll get 1 full Stat based batch done per week. nearly done the Hetero 3's atm, then on to the 2_'s
So I'll prolly be at them for another 5 weeks or less with the Lesbo thrown in.

[edit] Oh nice, Editra works for *.json files just fine
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 02:48:20 PM by krakr »

Offline krakr

« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2015, 02:45:24 PM »
I'll check of we have pronouns coded in tomorrow, it's one of those things that are very simple to add so it feels like we should have done that already...

==
I was done but only for clients for some reason, I'll see if I can add that tomorrow.

:D I was referring to my own text files & how I need to proof read them as well.
I already found about 4 simple mistakes like that I made.
so much easier for me to update my dropbox once I proof read my own shit.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 03:49:14 PM by krakr »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2015, 02:53:26 PM »
We should have that setup for all classes none the less :)
Like what we're doing?