Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025841 times)

Offline TitanSon

Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now
« Reply #1305 on: April 11, 2015, 06:16:12 PM »
hmmm not rly let the girls do other girls jobs for conditions ... but what about an idea of a "school" to teach them specific stats? ^^
and not hire "teachers" but let girls teach other ones for example ... got a girl with 100 magic ... let hear teach the others this specific treat ... not like training where all the stats in difference let calculate where one of them or both gain a small amount of skillpoints ... and teaching could be a new stat itself ^^

Offline Anonemuss

« Reply #1306 on: April 11, 2015, 06:50:14 PM »
like a powerful mage with good hypnotic skills, you can hire or let one of your girls do as her job
(maybe with the condition, that she needs strong magic as trait to do it)

on the other hand, that would make items like brainwashing oil, all the clothing items with dependent/meek trait on them
or the two kinds of dominance rituals more or less useless
(not to speak of lobotomy or puppy training, but i really don't like these two, so i never use them anyway)

so i'm not sure if it is really a good idea to let jobs do everything
Depending on the effects of such a job, certain traits would definitely become more easily obtained, but the fact that there's so many obedience-type traits means percentages could be integrated into the results to make more drastic traits (such as "Broken Will") less likely. Also, since jobs such as these are essentially long-term and the girl doing it is paid, the items would become cheaper for giving the trait to just one girl, while the job would be used as a means of getting the traits for several girls. Just like the therapist at the clinic used to help girls with addictions, there would be both pros and cons to this kind of job.

As for conditions for the job, it would probably to be a free girl with high intelligence and obedience, and 0 hate (at least IMO).

Side Note: Lobotomy and Puppy Training would still be useful, because the traits are given instantly, as opposed to a percent chance every week. Look at it this way: there's a job to help girls recover from addiction, and yet items such as Cold Turkey and Cure for ____ Addiction are still in the game, right? There will be times in the game where people will need instant results, which is why items like that will still be useful.

Offline Keito

« Reply #1307 on: April 11, 2015, 07:22:22 PM »
What about GIF support? Is it possible to add this?

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #1308 on: April 11, 2015, 07:28:02 PM »
What about GIF support? Is it possible to add this?
I'm working on it. - Ani and Gif files
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1309 on: April 13, 2015, 03:32:44 PM »
I started working on accommodation but I keep getting sidetracked on other things.
I added preferred accom for girls and that made me think of other uses for it.
I added a marker on the accom slider for her preferred accom and it shows a number if you have logalldetails on in config.xml.
That made me want to clean up config calls so it does not have to reload the config every time it gets called.
That made me clean a few header files so the code will look a little cleaner (and should work a little better in older editors).

I am back to accommodation but started from scratch on it.
Instead of only using the accom level, I am using the difference between the preferred and actual accom level to get the mood modifiers.
If you give her what she expects, her mood will basically stay about the same unless she is already unhappy.
If you give her more than she expects, she will be happier and viceversa.
The mood adjustment scales the farther away from what she expects.
If she expects nothing (0=bare bones) and you give her everything (9=high class) she will get just a little more than if you gave her (6=good).
If she expects a lot and you give her nothing, she will not like you at all.

Update: I started a new thread for this - Accommodation, House Percent and other Variables.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:23:53 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #1310 on: April 14, 2015, 06:11:08 AM »
Keep them coming lots of the traits need stuff lol.

Cow Girl +5 Obedience, +5 Constitution, -5 Refinement, -10 Spirit, +10 enjoy Work Milk

Heroine has modifiers already, but it doesn't seem reasonable that a girl with negative Morality can be a heroine. I think that if her Morality drops below 0 she should lose the trait, or do a Face-Heel turn: Heroine gets replaced with a new trait "Villainess" (same modifiers but with -10 Morality instead).

Inversely if the Morality of a girl with this hypothetical Villainess trait goes above 0 her villainess trait should be replaced with Heroine.

Offline bashkan

« Reply #1311 on: April 16, 2015, 01:09:16 PM »
How exactly do you increase the number of gangs you have?

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #1312 on: April 16, 2015, 01:34:50 PM »
by buying new brothels
so you have to send your gangs to "Aquire territories"
because a certain amount of businesses is required to buy the next brothels
you can have 8 gangs with your first brothel and then 1 additional gang for each new brothel you buy
up to a maximum of 14 gangs
and of course you need money, for the last brothels, lots of money

Offline Sorren

« Reply #1313 on: April 17, 2015, 08:37:12 AM »
like a powerful mage with good hypnotic skills, you can hire or let one of your girls do as her job
(maybe with the condition, that she needs strong magic as trait to do it)

on the other hand, that would make items like brainwashing oil, all the clothing items with dependent/meek trait on them
or the two kinds of dominance rituals more or less useless
(not to speak of lobotomy or puppy training, but i really don't like these two, so i never use them anyway)

so i'm not sure if it is really a good idea to let jobs do everything

Best way to implement that would be to take a leaf out of SM's playbook and add player jobs as having the player influence the training makes more sense.

Otherwise I could see a true love/loyal (possible trait gained over time in the case of the latter?) Matron/Head Girl/etc have a small chance to improve the player related stats on a girl.

Anyway sidetracked a little there.... For player jobs it'd be stuff like:
Supervise Gang - Possible radiant capture/charming girls events during missions? Much like the various meet events. Also potential to pick up player traits.
Supervise Bar/Gambling Hall/etc - Simpler change here, event reports for the girls are either player, gang, head girl or security girl witnessed. Also allows player to intervene to protect girls, take a bribe to allow abuse/rape, etc.
Personal Training - Two kinds, general and sexual. Sexual would use House girls or draw from girls practicing their skills, whereas personal would be solo, gang or hired tutor based.

And so on. Also a personal pet problem, the first brothel is supposed to be gutted at the start so it'd make sense if we had to get a gang to repair it over time. So for instance we pick the workplace that survived the fire and over the first month the rest (and the Catacombs) unlock as stuff gets repaired. Possibly with a small chance for the recovery/discovery of stuff that survived the fire and an incremental increase in rooms available until we get up to the initial twenty.

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #1314 on: April 21, 2015, 04:27:08 PM »
Is the job "Make Items" at the farm creating real items at the moment?
For all the other farmjobs who do, you get messages about whats created
i have usually to many items, to be really sure but i have the feeling it doesn't.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1315 on: April 21, 2015, 04:38:25 PM »
Is the job "Make Items" at the farm creating real items at the moment?
For all the other farmjobs who do, you get messages about whats created
i have usually to many items, to be really sure but i have the feeling it doesn't.
No it does not make anything yet.
I thought I added some items to it but I guess not.

Because I am adding the Blacksmith job and reworking how items are made anyway, I will use the new method for Make Items.
I have already updated a couple of items to include in the Make Items job so there will at least be something made when .06.01.20 comes out.

Offline crazy

« Reply #1316 on: April 23, 2015, 03:23:44 AM »
Any writers out there want to help out with the mod some?

Offline SupremeSoviet

« Reply #1317 on: April 23, 2015, 03:51:30 AM »
How can I make this full screen since they removes the ScreenMode.txt and settings doesnt work?

Offline MMeer

• Monocle Kyubey
« Reply #1318 on: April 23, 2015, 06:28:56 AM »
Any writers out there want to help out with the mod some?

I've been working on a possible DefaultInteractStudio script, and I have a basic framework for that. What kind of other things do you need help with?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1319 on: April 23, 2015, 10:25:40 AM »
How can I make this full screen since they removes the ScreenMode.txt and settings doesnt work?
Config.xml has all the settings in it now.
The game tries to load 2 config.xml files, the first is in the folder with the exe and the second is in the folder above that.
Whatever is in the second overrides the first.
See Moving the folders and Config.xml and the Settings page
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 10:54:37 AM by aevojoey »