devolution

Author Topic: <-- Archived --> == PyTFall Beta (TESTING) release ==>  (Read 59316 times)

nemojason

Re: == PyTFall Beta (TESTING) release ==>
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2018, 05:21:07 AM »
hello, :)

i finish to work on my idea about some traits and effets that i must study a lot of time... not easy xd
Said me if that's idea is good after later i can works on it...

But need that u learn me some basic things about how create some traits and effets ...Darks said me that there are a guide in the forum but i don t find it...

For example  : # means [stat, min, max, lvl_max] -> i understand min and max values , but other number (stat and lvl_max) i'm not sure
                      the function "max": {"charisma": 5, "constitution": -10, "agility": 5} : i understand that it's the max value of stat that are modify by the function
                      the "mod_stats": {"intelligence": [-1, 1], "agility": [1, 1]}: i understand that the function modify the actual value of stat
                      "el_damage" & "el_defence": {"electricity": 0.1}, : i understand that value are increase of 1%
                      How can i increase for exemple the value actual of agility by 10%?

...oups i f don't join the files ...  ::)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2018, 05:51:56 AM »
Effects are going to be recoded soon I expect, so adding more is premature. Idea is to balance and debug what we have before complicating the system even more.
Like what we're doing?

nemojason

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2018, 08:08:15 AM »
Effects are going to be recoded soon I expect, so adding more is premature. Idea is to balance and debug what we have before complicating the system even more.
Hello ,

I understand that, it's why i said that i 'll work on that's idea later and need u help me for learn about how works basic functions in the aim i could help to create this idea ....but only if this idea are good and can be used... :) 

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 08:25:23 AM by nemojason »

Offline HerpaDerpington

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2018, 08:38:43 AM »
Forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong thread, but I've downloaded the beta release and for the most part, it works fine. There is one problem though. I can't expand build new rooms, even though i have the materials requires and enough indoor slots. The button just stays permanently gray. Am I doing something wrong here or are they not in game yet?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2018, 09:23:21 AM »
Hello ,

I understand that, it's why i said that i 'll work on that's idea later and need u help me for learn about how works basic functions in the aim i could help to create this idea ....but only if this idea are good and can be used... :)

Cool :)

Forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong thread, but I've downloaded the beta release and for the most part, it works fine. There is one problem though. I can't expand build new rooms, even though i have the materials requires and enough indoor slots. The button just stays permanently gray. Am I doing something wrong here or are they not in game yet?

There've been at least 100 fixes since the release. It's going to fast most of the time so we're updating it in Discord chatroom. We should be able to clean everything up and release a good build in about three weeks I expect.
Like what we're doing?

Offline HerpaDerpington

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2018, 09:34:58 AM »
There've been at least 100 fixes since the release. It's going to fast most of the time so we're updating it in Discord chatroom. We should be able to clean everything up and release a good build in about three weeks I expect.

As an edit, some buildings work and some do not. For example, I'm using a "House on Outskirts" and the Cleaning Block is the only building that I can upgrade. Also there needs to be a way to demolish expansions and/or replace them with a different building if slots allow it.

Offline Vrau

« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2018, 04:27:18 PM »
Hello guys, good afternoon.

Really happy to see the game has reached its beta testing stage haha congrats.

I made a post a while ago about Mega limiting downloads after  acertain mb quota. Would guys mind also using another mean of download when  the full beta release comes out? I would recommend workupload or Nofile or maybe Google drive if it isnt a problem. Looking forward to beign able to play!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2018, 06:01:57 AM »
As an edit, some buildings work and some do not. For example, I'm using a "House on Outskirts" and the Cleaning Block is the only building that I can upgrade. Also there needs to be a way to demolish expansions and/or replace them with a different building if slots allow it.

Yeap, demolishing will be possible at some point.

I would recommend workupload or Nofile or maybe Google drive if it isnt a problem. Looking forward to beign able to play!

Right, or a torrent.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Skadaddle

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2018, 02:09:11 AM »
Hello. I made a KonoSuba pack for those interested. You can find it here: https://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3871

Offline Sutur

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2018, 12:19:30 PM »
well after i have copy/paste the latest patch, the darkForest is Out of Order .....
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'ProportionalScale' <'Image' u'content/gfx/interface/icons/wood_cut.png'> 90 90 True>:
  File "game/code/locations/forest/forest_entrance.rpy", line 20, in script
    with dissolve
  File "game/code/UDDs.rpy", line 781, in load
    surf = im.cache.get(self.image)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'content/gfx/interface/icons/wood_cut.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/code/locations/forest/forest_entrance.rpy", line 20, in script
    with dissolve
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Other\pytfall beta 2\PyTFall-0.56-Step-by-Step...-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1310, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Other\pytfall beta 2\PyTFall-0.56-Step-by-Step...-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1409, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Other\pytfall beta 2\PyTFall-0.56-Step-by-Step...-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2190, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Other\pytfall beta 2\PyTFall-0.56-Step-by-Step...-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2624, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Other\pytfall beta 2\PyTFall-0.56-Step-by-Step...-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3098, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Other\pytfall beta 2\PyTFall-0.56-Step-by-Step...-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2038, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Other\pytfall beta 2\PyTFall-0.56-Step-by-Step...-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 711, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Other\pytfall beta 2\PyTFall-0.56-Step-by-Step...-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Other\pytfall beta 2\PyTFall-0.56-Step-by-Step...-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 711, in render
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Other\pytfall beta 2\PyTFall-0.56-Step-by-Step...-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 639, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Other\pytfall beta 2\PyTFall-0.56-Step-by-Step...-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 715, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Other\pytfall beta 2\PyTFall-0.56-Step-by-Step...-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1110, in render
    st, at)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Other\pytfall beta 2\PyTFall-0.56-Step-by-Step...-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Other\pytfall beta 2\PyTFall-0.56-Step-by-Step...-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "game/code/UDDs.rpy", line 781, in load
    surf = im.cache.get(self.image)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Other\pytfall beta 2\PyTFall-0.56-Step-by-Step...-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Other\pytfall beta 2\PyTFall-0.56-Step-by-Step...-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Other\pytfall beta 2\PyTFall-0.56-Step-by-Step...-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'content/gfx/interface/icons/wood_cut.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
PyTFall 0.56 Step by Step...
Sun May 06 18:05:42 2018

well i guess i have made something wrong....
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 12:21:34 PM by Sutur »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2018, 04:45:22 AM »
Prolly was a bad idea to post here as well. You can find latest working fixes on our discord channel. We're getting closer to releasing a playable Beta, so you can just wait a little bit more ;)
Like what we're doing?

nemojason

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2018, 02:19:48 AM »
Hi there :)

I have a question for tag : can i tag like sprite this sort of picture? https://mega.nz/#!Ce5xkbrb!oBmwSe44zjDoNiUK7V4NtWcsAYlNYOUF7V5MksdYcto
And i wonder what utility sprite have in a game, and when sprite is used during the game?

When do u think release the game?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 06:08:48 AM by nemojason »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2018, 04:20:06 AM »
When do u think release the game?

Closer to mid-july if nothing changes on my side :(
Like what we're doing?

nemojason

« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2018, 01:28:16 AM »
Closer to mid-july if nothing changes on my side :(

Hi,
it's good for me, i don't have a lot of time for work on pack, i get more 1 000 picture to treat xd
It's why i ask some thing for to be sure that i don't do any mistake and i want to wait the release for create the .json of pack : 2 sort of .json in fact : first for the normal game and 2nd with the game "moded" (with some little change that i told u before).

nemojason

« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2018, 01:32:29 AM »

I have a question for tag : can i tag like sprite this sort of picture? https://mega.nz/#!Ce5xkbrb!oBmwSe44zjDoNiUK7V4NtWcsAYlNYOUF7V5MksdYcto
And i wonder what utility sprite have in a game, and when sprite is used during the game?

This sort of picture is correct for i tag in sprite??? or need we see the girl full : where we can see her feet , head ..all body ?