Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 937871 times)

Offline PolitenessMan

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.00.16
« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2014, 12:05:46 AM »
Question.  Does accommodation affect anything yet?

If so I was wondering how hard it could be to put in a slider to affect all girls in a brothel.  After about 100, individually adjusting accommodations gets a bit time consuming.

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2014, 04:18:35 AM »
Mistake while editing - Ignore this post.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2014, 01:43:25 AM »
Question.  Does accommodation affect anything yet?

If so I was wondering how hard it could be to put in a slider to affect all girls in a brothel.  After about 100, individually adjusting accommodations gets a bit time consuming.
The higher the accommodation, the happier the girl and the more she will like you.
Free girls require an accom of half her level or higher until maxed accom or they will hate you more.

A global accommodation could be done but it would be low on the list of things to do.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline lastwalld

« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2014, 07:58:48 AM »
Hello.
I think it would be great to get more items that change what the girls job traits are(like maid uniform would add to maid skill, or just working on one skill long enough greatly increases it).   I have around 60 self added girls but they all are from pre your awesome job uptate, so they all have D and E job stats.

Offline MagicHp

« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2014, 01:45:41 PM »

A global accommodation could be done but it would be low on the list of things to do.

Would a setting for a "default" accomodation (all new girls would automatically be set to that value) be an easier thing? Maybe set within each building? Just throwing ideas ;)

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.00.17
« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2014, 10:45:18 PM »
.06.00.17 is out. Sorry I couldn't push it out sooner but real life took all my time.

Freetime should work again and there are more things the girls can do on their free time.

The Turn Summary screen got a few small updates.
If you don't own a building it will not show up on the list.
The Clinic and Studio have alternate sorting methods, change between them with the O button.
The Studio has the jobs divided into colored sections.
The Clinic does not have the colors.
If you prefer the list with the colors or without, let me know.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:50:12 PM by aevojoey »

Offline lastwalld

« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2014, 08:58:48 AM »
I remember reading somewhere that i could use .gif files when i convert them to some other file type.
Can someone say how i can use the gif files?

Offline bsin

« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2014, 12:21:48 PM »
awesome work, big thanks to the devs! thumbs up!
Lurked forever and was so disappointed to see main game stop dev. Especially after i pull the source and see all the ideas and fragments not implemented. Awesome to see your amazing progress.
you have totally picked this up and developed it into something even better [thumbs_up_smiley]

pulled your source from the repo, and you so far ahead that nothing I did before could add, but if you want bug fixes or proofread, just ask!

e.g. I got an amusing msg where had one of my girl massaging customers. One of them wanted "something more than the usual service." Girl wasn't impressed, she "declined and banned him from her customers list." Okay, fair enough... classy girl. But then, very next line, she "massaged and ended up fu..." giving a lot "more than the usual service"!

just added a boolean, that gets flipped jus on that dialogue branch. If the bool is flipped, the libido check is bypassed, and the 2nd bit doesn't happen.
happy to do little bits like this...

Offline Dr_Poke

« Reply #158 on: December 16, 2014, 06:11:47 AM »
Is there any way we can update the editor so we can change grades of girls for things?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #159 on: December 16, 2014, 01:47:22 PM »
I remember reading somewhere that i could use .gif files when i convert them to some other file type.
Can someone say how i can use the gif files?
The animated images part of the code is a little broken at the moment.
If I ever get around to finishing the graphics upgrade, gifs should work in the game without converting them.
If you want to try it anyway, the instructions are in "Docs&Tools\Animated Images\Creating An Animation walkthrough.txt" in the source code. (they were in the game files a long time ago but were removed because they don't always work)
Code: [Select]
NOTE: This walkthrough assumes you already know how to add images to the game, as it only illistrates the extra steps
    Also the example files are called Sex18.ani (which is actually a txt file) and Sex18.jpg

1. First find a gif file you want to animate
2. Use the program Avi4BMP to save the file as a sprite sheet (.jpg) format
3. create a .txt file like the example in this folder the numbers are:
        (Number of frames) (animation speed) (width of frames) (height of frames)
4. Rename the .txt file to a .ani file.
5. Other then the extension (.ani) it should be the same filename as the image
6. Place the .ani file in the desired girls directory as usual
7. Place the .jpg file in a subfolder of the girls folder called ani
8. The same naming scheme for image files still applies (preg, les, etc)
9. Enjoy :D
I tried making one but it did not work all the time.
Others have said that they did work for them.
Not sure really how or why they work.

pulled your source from the repo, and you so far ahead that nothing I did before could add, but if you want bug fixes or proofread, just ask!

e.g. I got an amusing msg where had one of my girl massaging customers. One of them wanted "something more than the usual service." Girl wasn't impressed, she "declined and banned him from her customers list." Okay, fair enough... classy girl. But then, very next line, she "massaged and ended up fu..." giving a lot "more than the usual service"!

just added a boolean, that gets flipped jus on that dialogue branch. If the bool is flipped, the libido check is bypassed, and the 2nd bit doesn't happen.
happy to do little bits like this...
Most jobs could use more text options if you feel like writing them.
If you want to attach the changes that you have made, I will look and see if I can add them in.
Anything that gets submitted and is useable, I will use.
Just copy your changed files into a zip file and upload them to somewhere, mega.co.nz is a good free place.

Is there any way we can update the editor so we can change grades of girls for things?
The job grades are based on the girls' stats and skills, the girls' likes and dislikes are based on how much they do them.
They are not really something editable unless you edit your save game.

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #160 on: December 16, 2014, 03:03:54 PM »
So i have a question for you all, i was wondering why you dont write the game files in binary, most of the time they read alot faster then xml files and binary really isnt that hare to do
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #161 on: December 16, 2014, 03:34:29 PM »
So i have a question for you all, i was wondering why you dont write the game files in binary, most of the time they read alot faster then xml files and binary really isnt that hare to do
The main reason is to allow anyone to edit their stuff, xmls are easier to edit for non-programmers.

If it comes to the point where the game is no longer open source, then binary files would make sense.
As it is now, user customization comes before the minimal speed difference of binary files.

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #162 on: December 16, 2014, 03:42:43 PM »
yes but since you have an editor it makes no difference due to the editor has everything you need so noone really should be direct editing files unless the editor isnt complete
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #163 on: December 16, 2014, 09:21:40 PM »
yes but since you have an editor it makes no difference due to the editor has everything you need so noone really should be direct editing files unless the editor isnt complete
The editor is not complete, I have not gotten around to updating it lately.

What I have done today is update the Inventory screen and the Job Raitings list.

I fixed a bug that would crash the game if you tried to transfer an item from a non-brothel girl to another girl.
I condensed a part of the code that was very similar in 11 places into one function.
This function now allowed for a much easier expansion of the inventory screen.
I fixed it so every brothel girl is listed instead of only the girls in the current brothel.
I reordered the list so they follow the F# order. (Brothels 1-7, Studio, Arena, Centre, Clinic, Farm, House, Dungeon)
When I get around to adding the Store Room and Vault, it will be much easier now.
When I add the building buttons like the dungeon has, it will be much easier.

I reorganized Job Raitings list to put current building at the top and divided the buildings better.
Unowned buildings are not listed.

I will try to push .06.00.18 tonight or tomorrow after I finish a couple more things.

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #164 on: December 16, 2014, 10:17:03 PM »
Well:
The editor is not complete, I have not gotten around to updating it lately.

What I have done today is update the Inventory screen and the Job Raitings list.

I fixed a bug that would crash the game if you tried to transfer an item from a non-brothel girl to another girl.
I condensed a part of the code that was very similar in 11 places into one function.
This function now allowed for a much easier expansion of the inventory screen.
I fixed it so every brothel girl is listed instead of only the girls in the current brothel.
I reordered the list so they follow the F# order. (Brothels 1-7, Studio, Arena, Centre, Clinic, Farm, House, Dungeon)
When I get around to adding the Store Room and Vault, it will be much easier now.
When I add the building buttons like the dungeon has, it will be much easier.

I reorganized Job Raitings list to put current building at the top and divided the buildings better.
Unowned buildings are not listed.

I will try to push .06.00.18 tonight or tomorrow after I finish a couple more things.

if you document what needs added then you could have someone lighten your load

On side note, i have few other questions
1 why is the gold stored as a double and the max the editor allows for is 999999, just one of a few questions