Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 938023 times)

Offline Hanzo

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.07
« Reply #540 on: July 07, 2015, 04:08:27 AM »
There seems to be something wrong with virgin trait, every random girl from slave market, no matter what is in .rgirlsx, is a virgin.
Even if you set 0% for getting virgin, or don't add it at all.

I looked in code but couldn't see any errors... or is cGirls::CreateRandomGirl not the function responsible for generating it?

I don't see any reason this would happen in the code, it may be in you .(r)girlsx files.

I did a small test with no girl files and all the random girls the game generated had the virgin trait. The game was crashing frequently, it even happened once while I was scrolling down the girl list in the slave market.

Offline qeasy

« Reply #541 on: July 07, 2015, 12:05:46 PM »
I did a small test with no girl files and all the random girls the game generated had the virgin trait. The game was crashing frequently, it even happened once while I was scrolling down the girl list in the slave market.
Yeah, I've already tested it, and wrote about it a few posts ago, but it seems I was not exactly right.

There are some variables that determines if a girl is a virgin or not, it's not only sex skills as I thought.
I also noticed, that there is chance to get random addiction.
Guess this all actually IS intentional.

I don't know why would you get crashes, with empty vanilla game downloaded I didn't get any errors.
I attached only .rgirlsx file I placed in characters, and it generates all girls the same, and all are non-virgins, but just to illustrate, if you change all sex skills form 19 to 18, then every girl will be a virgin.

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #542 on: July 07, 2015, 07:56:07 PM »
Yeah, I've already tested it, and wrote about it a few posts ago, but it seems I was not exactly right.

There are some variables that determines if a girl is a virgin or not, it's not only sex skills as I thought.
I also noticed, that there is chance to get random addiction.
Guess this all actually IS intentional.

I don't know why would you get crashes, with empty vanilla game downloaded I didn't get any errors.
I attached only .rgirlsx file I placed in characters, and it generates all girls the same, and all are non-virgins, but just to illustrate, if you change all sex skills form 19 to 18, then every girl will be a virgin.

I see, the sex skills thing is in CheckVirginity, not in CreateRandomGirl or LoadGirl.

As for the crashes I have no idea. It's a read memory problem so it can be a ton of things. Got them with vanilla whoremaster, no girl files. Doesn't happen with any other program.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.09
« Reply #543 on: July 07, 2015, 11:50:23 PM »
.06.02.09 is up

I have not had much time to work on the game this week so this is just a small update.
I think I may have found the cause of the crash but since I rarely got it and could not get it while debugging, I'm not sure if this will fix it for everyone.
The number of events was not getting reset properly so it would build up over time.
I guess this may be causing it to crash but I am not sure.
Try it and let me know if it still crashes.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #544 on: July 10, 2015, 01:31:24 AM »
for some reason i have no images showing up for any of the random girls, may i ask how come
version=.06.02.09
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #545 on: July 10, 2015, 05:14:05 AM »
.06.02.09 is up

I have not had much time to work on the game this week so this is just a small update.
I think I may have found the cause of the crash but since I rarely got it and could not get it while debugging, I'm not sure if this will fix it for everyone.
The number of events was not getting reset properly so it would build up over time.

Still get them. Maybe it's because I'm on an old PC with x32 Win XP? Discrepancies could be related to different hardware or sofware.

Offline SammeyTiger

« Reply #546 on: July 10, 2015, 07:08:34 AM »
.06.02.09 is up

Still get them. Maybe it's because I'm on an old PC with x32 Win XP? Discrepancies could be related to different hardware or sofware.

I think the hardware and / or software are adding problems.
I am on a HP Intel I5 - 64 ,Windows 8.1 and the crash rarely happens and more,
And by rarely I mean, with .06.02.09 I have experienced the crash twice out of hundreds ( I play whoremaker A LOT ) of times.
And most of the time it is solved by saving, quiting the game, reloading the game , then reloading the save.
Where in .06.02.08 , it happened every other turn, and persisted after a save, quit, reload.

Offline Tyrgalon

« Reply #547 on: July 12, 2015, 08:48:52 AM »
An issue I have encountered for a while now is that when I move over save games the game keeps thinking the girls in the dungeon are actually free/in another house, which causes issues with obedience etc.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #548 on: July 12, 2015, 09:10:40 AM »
An issue I have encountered for a while now is that when I move over save games the game keeps thinking the girls in the dungeon are actually free/in another house, which causes issues with obedience etc.
This was originally caused by .06.02.00 when I added job quick codes to save jobs as 3-4 letter codes instead of numbers.
I thought I had fixed it in .06.02.06 when I added the missing quick codes for the dungeon and runaways but I guess that only affected girls put in the dungeon after then.
I have added a more definite fix for .06.02.10 that explicitly sets the job before saving and when loading.
Hopefully this will fix it once and for all.

Offline Tyrgalon

« Reply #549 on: July 12, 2015, 09:31:49 AM »
Ok, ty :)

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.10
« Reply #550 on: July 12, 2015, 02:14:11 PM »
.06.02.10 is up

This should hopefully fix the dungeon bug.
Several jobs got updated, many thanks to Hanzo.
Barmaid has gotten a total rework and it now uses drinks that can be produced in the farm by brewers and milkers.
The pay for the girl may need a little tweaking but should work.
Low skilled girls may cost the bar more than they bring in.

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #551 on: July 14, 2015, 07:01:30 AM »
A few things on barmaid:

There's a big discrepancy between the reports. In one I get "girlname made a profit of 900 gold" and in the summary I get "you earned 75 gold".

Barmaids can make a ton of money as the amount of customers grow. With 8 girls my barmaid was making over 900 gold per night shift already. I suggest a cap on customers or the number of drinks.

Girls with high Constitution and high Service can get more tired, which is... weird:

Quote from: code

int t0 = d1;
    int easydrinks = (girl->constitution() + girl->service()) / 4;
    int mediumdrinks = (girl->constitution() + girl->service()) /2;
    int haarddrinks = (girl->constitution() + girl->service());
    int t1 = easydrinks;                    // 1 tired per 20 drinks
    int t2 = max(0, t0 - easydrinks);        // 1 tired per 10 drinks
    int t3 = max(0, t0 - mediumdrinks);        // 1 tired per 2 drinks
    int tired = (t1 / 20) + (t2 / 10) + (t3 / 2);

t1 = constitution + service, even if she serves 1 drink. Higher stats = more tired regardless of the drinks she serves.
if t0 > mediumdrinks it's not 1 tired per 2 drinks as t2 keeps growing, it's 1 tired per two drinks + 1 tired per 10 drinks, so 6 tired per 10 drinks.

Potential fixes:

int t0 = d1;
    int t1 = min(t0, easydrinks);                    // 1 tired per 20 drinks
    if (t0 >= mediumdrinks) =  t2 = mediumdrinks / 2;             // lame, but I think it works
    int t3 = max(0, t0 - mediumdrinks);        // 1 tired per 2 drinks onwards

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #552 on: July 14, 2015, 08:49:23 AM »
There's a big discrepancy between the reports. In one I get "girlname made a profit of 900 gold" and in the summary I get "you earned 75 gold".
Barmaids can make a ton of money as the amount of customers grow. With 8 girls my barmaid was making over 900 gold per night shift already. I suggest a cap on customers or the number of drinks.
Profit is the money she made from selling drinks:
Number of customers she served is supposed to be limited to:
  ((number of customers) / (number of barmaid+waitresses)) + (random amount based on charisma and beauty)
Next, the number of drinks sold to each customer is based off performance.

I think the problem is in the performance tree where the number of drinks gets modified more:
Drinks sold is multiplied based on performance tier.
I will reduce the base drinks from
Code: [Select]
drinkssold += 1 + ((g_Dice % (int)jobperformance) / 30);    // 200jp can serve up to 7 drinks per customer
to
Code: [Select]
drinkssold += 1 + ((g_Dice % (int)jobperformance) / 50);    // 200jp can serve up to 4 drinks per customer

Each drink sells for 5 gold each (this can be reduced if need be).
If there are not enough drinks in stock, they cost 2 from your supplier (they can also be made by milker and brewer).

Profit is added in the work.cpp while pay is passed on to the summary.

Girls with high Constitution and high Service can get more tired, which is... weird:

t1 = constitution + service, even if she serves 1 drink. Higher stats = more tired regardless of the drinks she serves.
if t0 > mediumdrinks it's not 1 tired per 2 drinks as t2 keeps growing, it's 1 tired per two drinks + 1 tired per 10 drinks, so 6 tired per 10 drinks.

Potential fixes:

int t0 = d1;
    int t1 = min(t0, easydrinks);                    // 1 tired per 20 drinks
    if (t0 >= mediumdrinks) =  t2 = mediumdrinks / 2;             // lame, but I think it works
    int t3 = max(0, t0 - mediumdrinks);        // 1 tired per 2 drinks onwards
I am not very good at math.
The intention was to have the first quarter (easydrinks) of drinks be less tiring, the second quarter (mediumdrinks) a little more and the last half (haarddrinks)  be even more tiring.
I should make it (C+S)/2, (C+S) and >(C+S)

I'll work on that tonight, I gotta go to work now.

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #553 on: July 15, 2015, 04:43:38 AM »
Number of customers she served is supposed to be limited to:
  ((number of customers) / (number of barmaid+waitresses)) + (random amount based on charisma and beauty)

Yes, but number of customers is barely limited at all. It grows with the number of girls in the brothel (1.5x, 2x at night, is there a maximum number of rooms you can buy?), their fame, and advertising.
25 girls, 100 brothel fame and 0 advertising gets 75 customers at night. (Speaking of brothel fame, it doesn't seem to change in the main screen but in the report I get more and more fame customers?).

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #554 on: July 15, 2015, 09:10:09 AM »
Yes, but number of customers is barely limited at all. It grows with the number of girls in the brothel (1.5x, 2x at night, is there a maximum number of rooms you can buy?), their fame, and advertising.
25 girls, 100 brothel fame and 0 advertising gets 75 customers at night. (Speaking of brothel fame, it doesn't seem to change in the main screen but in the report I get more and more fame customers?).

the only problem i see with what your saying, is the number of days that are passing each turn. the time frame is a week per turn. which if you know anything of brothels,
even small brothels could have close to 2000 customers per week if not more.

Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)