devolution

Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 937777 times)

Offline bighawk

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.17
« Reply #600 on: September 08, 2015, 09:02:28 PM »
Practical reason for your house being attacked; If I was in the other gangs shoes, I would definitely strike my enemies' home, and anywhere else I could hit.
Nothing he owned would be safe, and he would never feel safe. Yes, the arena its' self would be a bad target, but girls working city watch jobs would definitely be targets. (In a place like crossgate, that job should be dangerous for more than a few reasons.)

That's conceptual. That's how it makes sense in-world. That's not a good reason to make it part of game mechanics (read: practical). You can argue all day and all night why it makes sense in-world, but if you can't argue why it'd benefit the game, and give an example of how it would even work, then I personally don't see the point. Seriously, what would they even do at your house that they're basically not already doing when they attack as-is?

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #601 on: September 08, 2015, 09:59:59 PM »
This game suffers from a lack of risk and danger. The catacombs are said to be deadly. They are not. Any girl with a combat skill over 25 mops the floor with every enemy she meets, ...
That's not quite true.  I've had girls with 85+ in Combat and Magic, with 100 CON and 80+ Agility and Strength, still lose combats in the Catacombs.  I'm not quite sure what's going on, but it can happen.

and even a lightly trained gang never loses a fight.
Enemy gangs have undergone lots of tweaking to try and get them reasonably dangerous.

Seriously, what would they even do at your house that they're basically not already doing when they attack as-is?
Kill you?  I mean, it would add a potential game-over condition (of which ... the only actual "You Died, Game Over" screen I've ever gotten is from a particular Unique Girl's Encounter Script).  It could also be a possible Girl source, as (IIRC) currently female Customers can be given Brainwashing Oil and tossed in your dungeon by Security if they act up.  In this case, of course, it wouldn't be a Customer but either an Assassin (Combat-spec Random or Unique Girl [using the Arena list?]) sent to kill you, run the chance of a Game Over without Security, or a Thief (Agility/Adventurer-spec R/U Girl) who's just looking to rob you, and you lose money and/or items if she successfully breaks in without getting caught.  Or maybe they're going to frame you or your girls for something, have a Girl sent to jail or increase suspicion on you.

Offline charuswhacker

« Reply #602 on: September 08, 2015, 10:16:40 PM »
It was not my intention to start a fight. I"ll retract my suggestions, and leave. Goodbye.

Offline bighawk

« Reply #603 on: September 08, 2015, 10:27:52 PM »
It was not my intention to start a fight. I"ll retract my suggestions, and leave. Goodbye.
Oh, don't do that. I'm trying to discuss, not argue. I do disagree with the basic premise right now, but it's not like I'm trying to dismiss the idea out of hand. Pointing out where I have problems and confusion with it is not something that requires this extreme a reaction. For example, I've got some discussing going on right here:

Kill you?  I mean, it would add a potential game-over condition (of which ... the only actual "You Died, Game Over" screen I've ever gotten is from a particular Unique Girl's Encounter Script).  It could also be a possible Girl source, as (IIRC) currently female Customers can be given Brainwashing Oil and tossed in your dungeon by Security if they act up.  In this case, of course, it wouldn't be a Customer but either an Assassin (Combat-spec Random or Unique Girl [using the Arena list?]) sent to kill you, run the chance of a Game Over without Security, or a Thief (Agility/Adventurer-spec R/U Girl) who's just looking to rob you, and you lose money and/or items if she successfully breaks in without getting caught.  Or maybe they're going to frame you or your girls for something, have a Girl sent to jail or increase suspicion on you.
It's a bit too strict of a game-over risk though, isn't it? Especially early-game, where it could be harder to get your house properly defended. A random event where you could just up and die because you're still early-game would be problematic. In fact I think I'd have some level of issue with any 'randomized' game over system. Though, if an attack was an event, and depending on different stats and choices you made and whatnot could end up with you dead... hm. That could be interesting.

I do however think the ability to gain girls from the situation would be fun. The Arena list feeding into that would also be something I'd like, since I think it's kind of a hassle to get Arena girls and even a minor chance to get them elsewhere would be pleasant.

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #604 on: September 08, 2015, 10:59:52 PM »
It's a bit too strict of a game-over risk though, isn't it? Especially early-game, where it could be harder to get your house properly defended.
True; to be honest, I wouldn't expect Home assassins to come after you unless/until you've started taking other people out or it's down to a 1v1 situation (although someone coming to hit you and take your money/attack any girls at the House would still be an option - make people use that Bank!).  Similar to how the way Gangs and Rivals are currently set up means you won't get attacked for ... I think the first seven turns.

Though, if an attack was an event, and depending on different stats and choices you made and whatnot could end up with you dead... hm. That could be interesting.
I *think* there's actually an Event at the Arena where an Assassin Girl threatens you - it's in the Script, I think, but I'm not sure what triggers it, or even if it's currently active.  The Arena actually seems to have quite an extensive Script, but it's hard to track what does what in the Editor.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #605 on: September 08, 2015, 11:56:28 PM »
I do want to do more with the House but my job is really killing my programming mood so I have not done too much lately.
I am working on a couple of bugs that have been stacking up so until they get fixed I don't want to start anything new.

I want to make the House be able to hold parties which would require security and could allow for thieves/assassins to try something (and possibly get caught).
I think adding a security job to every building would be good and allow for all buildings to get attacked.
The Arena should have a security job other than City Guard, then security could make prisoners work for you or throw them into the ring. Send customers from your dungeon into the arena for some entertainment.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline FlamBurger

• I need to stop lazing about so much.....
« Reply #606 on: September 10, 2015, 01:47:12 AM »
Ah now you're going into some negative moral ideas.
The whole region of Crossgate will be my playground....
Our playground....
The whole freaking world guys....
Crossgate Chronicles?? Yup it's that bad....
I'll still chug on! Plus, The Crazy Team is really doing a good job on this game.
https://mega.nz/#F!A55jWSpT!P-1Lw1-kNxiBfelAH24Kvg My Packs

Offline mata123

« Reply #607 on: September 11, 2015, 04:42:40 PM »
Send customers from your dungeon into the arena for some entertainment.

That would be good, now when they get into dungeon they only rot there. This or some trigger when they offer something for their freedom would be usefull.

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #608 on: September 11, 2015, 08:40:50 PM »

That would be good, now when they get into dungeon they only rot there. This or some trigger when they offer something for their freedom would be usefull.
Well, you can torture Customers.  I think it affects your Disposition, but ... my characters tend to be Evil, anyway, so I'm not sure!

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.18
« Reply #609 on: September 12, 2015, 06:08:03 PM »
.06.02.18 is up

Lots of bug fixes and a few small updates.

I have no had much time to work on the game with my new job taking so much of my time and energy.
I hope to have weekends off now that the first month open is over with.

Offline Baal

« Reply #610 on: September 12, 2015, 06:35:44 PM »
Thanks a ton for the update and I hope working is going well for you! I hope you don't get tired of working on the game. It would be a real shame if it was abandoned. 

Offline Rfpnj

« Reply #611 on: September 12, 2015, 07:01:52 PM »
Default image file link is now dead. Due to mega's changeover

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #612 on: September 12, 2015, 08:43:16 PM »
Default image file link is now dead. Due to mega's changeover
Thanks for the heads up, I got it reuploaded with a couple new images.

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.19
« Reply #613 on: September 14, 2015, 12:13:09 AM »
.06.02.19 is up

Fixed a bug in Boy children can go to gangs when they grow up.

Offline pronatrator

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.19
« Reply #614 on: September 14, 2015, 12:28:15 AM »
.06.02.19 is up

Fixed a bug in Boy children can go to gangs when they grow up.

what? what? what?!  when did this happen?!  is that an option or does it just happen?