Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 938032 times)

Offline jonwich

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.28
« Reply #735 on: March 25, 2016, 02:58:24 AM »
I honestly think you're giving us too much credit, Monty. Everyone here, whether releasing girl packs, or putting their time into attempting to improve the game with code or written scenes, is a volunteer. No one is getting paid for this mate. I do like that you're looking for ways to make things easier on people, but that's a lot harder than you might think.

This game was created years ago by Devs that pretty much gave it to the public to work on other projects, again, years ago. I don't know how organized they might or might not have been, I haven't touched the original forum area in years. What I do know is that they essentially left years ago, and since then, there has been a collection of mods that has come and gone, eventually culminating in Crazy's mod (and to a much lesser extent my own bad man version). This is a labor of love by a small group of disorganized people that really enjoy this game enough to, when they get 10 minutes that one week when they weren't completely murdered at work, felt like using it to make it better for themselves, and then shared the results. There is no development plan, or goal, or meetings, special forums and communication, or even development team. Joey gets one when work hasn't killed him and decides on his own with a bit of input from other fans what he's going to work on in his small smattering of spare time. Crazy also comes in when he's not struggling to survive that particular week. Bsin and Hanzo once every month or few months get it in their heads to take some aspect of the game and improve it, or change how it functions a bit to make it better. And then you have writers like me and Lyje that will come in and flesh out text when it strikes our fancy a little bit at a time. (That can be be fun but also seriously difficult. Ever try to sit down and write for a couple hours with a boner? Not particularly fun.) And then you have the people out there making the awesome, customizable image packs that help pull it all together for us.

This is a labor of love. Or of lust, or whatever. We're a disorganized group of fans perpetuating our enjoyment of a game that was abandoned by the original devs.

So I get it. You like things neat, and tidy, and done "right". Your suggestions really are trying to help and bring us into a better, more organized way. Unfortunately, it's not going to work with this game. With this being a disorganized fan project that is worked on on-and-off by a small group of people with no real concrete plans, you're asking for something that really isn't going to be possible unless you take the time to do it yourself. (Hey, maybe someone feels like you, and you can make an organized team of it!) If it ever got to a point where Joey or a group of folks got really determined and we stripped the game and rebuilt it from the ground up, what you're talking about and asking about would make total sense. It would make sense to make a wiki, and keep records, and try to have things set up a certain way, the whole shebang. But barring that, a lot of what you're asking for really isn't something that is feasible. I could personally look through thousands of lines of code and try to correct all the scenes so that the images have a clearly defined, uniform meaning, but I'm not going to, and I doubt any one else is either. (Though really, if it does bother someone enough, feel free to prove me wrong! It seems like Monty could really use your help, you determined person you!) My time, and the time of these other folks that barely find the time to volunteer creatively and share their work between living their lives and trying to survive, is valuable, and while I can't speak for everyone, I would much prefer spending my little free time making the game more enjoyable for me, and for people that make the game more enjoyable for me. I hope you find the answer you're looking for, but I don't expect you will. I think you're looking in the wrong place, or at the wrong game.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 02:02:54 PM by jonwich »

Offline Shadeyman7

« Reply #736 on: March 26, 2016, 05:51:23 PM »
Responding after, like, a month.  Downloading the newest version fixed the problem I was having.  Thanks for letting me know. I thought I was up to date.  Speaking of the newest version, there's a new line of text under job preferences that says "at the moment she has not started any special training."  Is there "special training" in the game now somewhere, and if so, where/how can I do it.  Otherwise, is that just a placeholder for something you intend to add later?

Offline jonwich

« Reply #737 on: March 26, 2016, 08:15:00 PM »
Special training refers to a system Crazy was working on with the House Pet and Ponygirl Jobs. (House Pet is in the game, though it needs a lot of work) The idea is that eventually they could be "trained" to act a certain way, and then move on to other jobs. For example, a trained ponygirl might be used to haul freight or customers, or in races in the arena. A trained pet might be kept in kennels or a petting zoo, or used in a kennel where people bring their dogs to stay a while. Those are just concepts for now, though. Right now the only thing that is implemented is the training system itself, with the House Pet job.

Offline Teatime

« Reply #738 on: March 27, 2016, 05:12:19 AM »
@ Shad: you're welcome, glad to hear updating solved your problem :)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #739 on: March 31, 2016, 05:14:10 PM »
Sorry I have not been on for a few weeks.
I have finished moving into my new place and the only thing left to do is get a computer chair.
I stupidly threw out my old chair thinking I would get a new one rather quickly but I haven't gotten around to it  :'(
I have been using my bed as my chair but that is not conducive to programming. (I am writing this from work.)
I am going to try to buy a chair after I leave work so I should be working on the game this weekend.

I have uploaded the changes I made to the Studio that fixed several bugs in the previous github version.
It is still not completely ready to release as a playable version but should make adding to it easier.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline jonwich

« Reply #740 on: March 31, 2016, 07:56:49 PM »
Dude, I totally feel you on the chair. I've needed a new chair for years now, mine is falling apart. I've kept it this long because I don't have anything else to sit on at my computer. @_@ Good luck chair hunting mate!

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.29
« Reply #741 on: April 03, 2016, 02:12:13 AM »
.06.02.29 is up
Lots of things added to the Studio but not everything was tested so there may be some bugs.

Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Shadeyman7

« Reply #742 on: April 04, 2016, 01:57:53 AM »
I tried a cursory glance at the other threads on the forum that would explain it but couldn't find anything.  How do you make meetscripts for specific girls in the game?  Like I assume you can do it with the script editor, but is there a specific way I need to save them?  Do they need a specific prefix in the script itself to trigger properly?

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #743 on: April 04, 2016, 06:57:54 AM »
I am no pro. But to my understanding:

1) Yes, meet scripts are individualized per girl.
2) I make my meet scripts with the script editor.
3) I think you can save the script itself wherever you want, but there needs to be a trigger.xml file in the girl's directory. The trigger.xml file points to the location of the meet script, and specifies which script to use under which conditions. I currently always put the meet script in the same directory as the girl's images.

That being said, many of the meet script conditions appear to be inoperable. YMMV.

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #744 on: April 04, 2016, 07:29:37 AM »
Is the strip club bartender supposed to be a barmaid? Even though I have a bartender assigned, my waitresses keep complaining that it's hard to keep up with the customers without a barmaid.

Offline seventhsword2

« Reply #745 on: April 04, 2016, 10:56:02 AM »
It seems that you can't have multiple random girl types, one of them will always have an error that causes it to use the hard code random girl

Offline hjp766

« Reply #746 on: April 07, 2016, 10:06:46 AM »
Quick thing with the new studio:

I seem to be getting the following problem all the time.

Once Director takes a girl off duty she goes to permanent time off not time off (current job) and is never assigned back to work.

HJ

Offline Shadeyman7

« Reply #747 on: April 10, 2016, 02:54:12 AM »
I am no pro. But to my understanding:

1) Yes, meet scripts are individualized per girl.
2) I make my meet scripts with the script editor.
3) I think you can save the script itself wherever you want, but there needs to be a trigger.xml file in the girl's directory. The trigger.xml file points to the location of the meet script, and specifies which script to use under which conditions. I currently always put the meet script in the same directory as the girl's images.

That being said, many of the meet script conditions appear to be inoperable. YMMV.

Thank you for the help!  How do you make a trigger.xml file, or will any trigger.xml file work as long as it's in the same place as a meetscript?  Like could I just copy-paste an existing one or do I have to make individual ones for each meetscript?

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #748 on: April 10, 2016, 07:43:36 AM »
Thank you for the help!  How do you make a trigger.xml file, or will any trigger.xml file work as long as it's in the same place as a meetscript?  Like could I just copy-paste an existing one or do I have to make individual ones for each meetscript?

Just copy-paste the one from any other unique girl with a meetscript.  I can also upload my copy if you want to download it.
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline HerpaDerpington

« Reply #749 on: April 10, 2016, 06:45:59 PM »
Awesome stuff you got here guys! One small question (and pardon me if this isnt the FAQ session-did a search and nothing came up). How do you make one of the girls a queen and/or your wife?