devolution

Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 938625 times)

Offline Dabanisher

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.29
« Reply #780 on: September 18, 2016, 04:10:54 PM »
that seems redundant since we have anti preg pots

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #781 on: September 19, 2016, 12:50:32 AM »
can we at least think about the possibility in adding condom option to prevent pregnancy and STDs? SO you could buy condoms as you do for pills and you could also choose if girls use condom, pill or both.
Condoms as a buyable item to prevent pregnancy would be easily doable - just make a consumable item that adds a Temporary Sterile trait.  I don't think you could use it to block Diseases, that would have to be done in hard-coding.  But if you have condoms (that block pregnancy and STDs) and pills (that block pregnancy), why would you take both?

I repeat again that severe consequences for STD would be changeling
Maybe ... what are the consequences for STDs that are in the game already, anyway?  I just toss a healing item at anyone who gets something, so I've never seen the effects.

TheGho7t

« Reply #782 on: September 27, 2016, 05:32:18 AM »
Just got the game today and I'm having trouble with my .girlsx files it seems.

I assumed, from what I've looked up and such, that they're corrupt for some reason. (Don't know how the game entirely works. I'm quite good at picking up on stuff but this is stumping me still.)

I got the newest version here. What actually frustrates me is it seems I'm the only one with this issue LOL, at least to this extreme.

I got ALL of the MixedGirl packs from Lurker's packs [http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=1004.0] from this post as well, and I guess most of them are corrupt or something. Literally it's a miracle if I find more than 2 non-hard coded random girls in the uh, when you go to town to try to purchase the girls. (I apologize I don't know this terminology but it's freaking 5:30 in the morning for me now and I don't really feel like looking it up. I do believe you know what I mean though. *fingers_crossed*)

Hopefully someone can help me. The game is still fairly playable AND enjoyable just, aggravating to say the least as to why this is happening. Probably just as simple as "They're corrupt plus, you're screwed there, royally" but I would hope that's NOT the case and that I can ACTUALLY USE all the dang characters I got.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Offline FluffyMongeese

« Reply #783 on: September 27, 2016, 08:17:19 AM »
Just got the game today and I'm having trouble with my .girlsx files it seems.

I assumed, from what I've looked up and such, that they're corrupt for some reason. (Don't know how the game entirely works. I'm quite good at picking up on stuff but this is stumping me still.)

I got the newest version here. What actually frustrates me is it seems I'm the only one with this issue LOL, at least to this extreme.

I got ALL of the MixedGirl packs from Lurker's packs [http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=1004.0] from this post as well, and I guess most of them are corrupt or something. Literally it's a miracle if I find more than 2 non-hard coded random girls in the uh, when you go to town to try to purchase the girls. (I apologize I don't know this terminology but it's freaking 5:30 in the morning for me now and I don't really feel like looking it up. I do believe you know what I mean though. *fingers_crossed*)

It might be more of an issue in your config.xml file.
If you open up the Character & Item Editor the config.xml file should load automatically when you go to the fifth tab (Game Configuration). At the bottom of the fourth column there should be a heading labeled Slave Market with a sub-heading labeled Unique Girl Chance(%):. It seems like you have no random girls (.rgirlsx files) which causes "non-hard coded random girls" to appear. If you set the Unique Girl Chance to 100 it should eliminate the "non-hard coded random girls" from appearing in the Slave Market.

It can also be done by right clicking on the config.xml file and selecting edit and going to line 239 which should be UniqueMarket="100".

"Non-hard coded ranodm girls" could appear in the Catacombs as well. In the Character & Item Editor it would be on the Game Configuration tab, but on the bottom of the second column. In the config.xml file it would be on line 220 which should be UniqueMarket="100".

You could set either to lower than 100 if you want to add some random girls or if you like having options that aren't Unique Girls.

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #784 on: September 27, 2016, 10:22:52 AM »
Slave Market :P

In addition to FluffyMongeese's suggestion, I believe that a fair number of Lurker's girls aren't actually Slaves, so you would find them by walking around town, or at the Arena/Hospital/Studio.  At least for the town itself, the chance of encountering a girl can be adjusted in the Config.xml (top left of the Game Configuration page, 'Girl Meet (%)').  And FluffyMongeese already covered Catacombs, where I believe some of them are as well.

Offline bsin

« Reply #785 on: September 27, 2016, 11:44:20 AM »
Good advice above. Last thing to check TheGho7t - did you unpack everything in the right place?

You should have a {game_folder} which is just wherever you extracted the game to (i.e. wherever the .exe and all the DLLs and other stuff have ended up.) Files from the packs should be extracted to
1) {game_folder}\Characters\
OR
2) {game_folder}\Resources\Characters\

If you did this, the \Characters\ folder should have a huge list of .girlsx and .rgirlsx files (i.e. you should see a list of FILES, probably blank squares, with names like Bloodrayne.girlsx, KOS-MOS.girlsx, random3.rgirlsx, etc.)
You should also see subfolders in there for each character you've added (i.e. you should see a list of FOLDERS with names like Bloodrayne, KOS-MOS, etc.) These should be full of interesting pictures and perhaps some scripts.

If you extracted the packs in the wrong place (e.g. straight in the game folder) the game wouldn't find them and would only be able to use the built in resources. That would definitely cause this. If that's what happened move all the girlsx and rgirlsx - along with all the character folders - into the right place and it should start working.
If you don't have a \Characters\ folder, use the \Resources\Characters folder. If you don't have either just make one.

Also, like dmotrl said, only slaves show up in the slave market. If Lurker marked them as 'Free' you'll eventually run into them wandering around town or hanging out somewhere.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 11:45:57 AM by bsin »

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #786 on: October 01, 2016, 01:45:49 PM »
Work has been draining me mentally too much so I have not been able to do anything here for months.
I am starting to feel better so I am going to be on a little more.
I am having surgery on October 10th and will not be able to work for 3 weeks, durring that time I will be on here much more.

I have been thinking about working on WM7 starting from scratch with sdl2 and allowing multiple screens, multicore processing and dynamic screen changing.
It will be a lot of work so I don't know how or when I will get it done but I have a ton of ideas in my head.
WM7 will handle all characters the same; Girls, Boys, The Player, Customers, Rivals, NPCs, etc. will all be handled with the same base code so all types of interactions will be doable between any character.
The Town will be dynamic and changeable with each section having its own style (think Sim City on aphrodisiacs); Main Buildings will work like they do now, Residential areas will be used to house your people, Businesses that gangs can capture will have actual locations, etc.

Look at http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3483.msg29905#msg29905 for how the folders should be set up.
Default random girls use the Default folder for images.

STDs have been updated a little but they still need a lot of work.
Condoms could be added along side antipreg potions and then the customer can choose to pay a little more to not use a condom making the girl use an antipreg instead.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.30
« Reply #787 on: October 01, 2016, 06:09:51 PM »
.06.02.30 is up
I didn't really look at what the Crazy and the others added to the svn while I was away but it all complied without errors.

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.31
« Reply #788 on: October 02, 2016, 01:53:59 AM »
.06.02.31 is up
I wasn't sure how much I was going to be able to do today so I pushed out .30 before I left the house and did more when I got back.
mjsmagalhaes did a pull request on GitHub so I merged it and made some improvements:
 - On the Turn Summary screen if you have config.xml > Resolution > "NextTurnEnter = true" pressing enter will go to the next turn.
 - You may notice the inventory screen's item text is a little different.
I also fixed the Inventory list boxes to correct next item selection after moving an item.

I'm going to bed now, hopefully I will be back on tomorrow.

Offline seden

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.31
« Reply #789 on: October 02, 2016, 08:11:45 AM »
Great to see the mod updated + know you are better by now, even if only a little.

That said, one step at a time, given I do not know your life settings, they recommandation for basics still count (positions, weight management, drink + food, sleep).

Each having weight into others and more.

To be seen.

As to the NPC>NPC option, not sure how it is handled already, but a way to use it would be based upon NPC perks ?
That way, "custom" for some jobs/status (family) would be easy to set in.

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.32
« Reply #790 on: October 02, 2016, 04:47:08 PM »
.06.02.32 is up
Fixed a bug and added a lot of keyboard stuff.
You can now use Up, Down and Enter on choice boxes and any key will clear message boxes.

TheGho7t

« Reply #791 on: October 03, 2016, 02:44:25 AM »
I apologize to you all.

LITERALLY, not even kidding, LITERALLY five minutes after I posted this, I found the Unique Girl Chance percentages and such.

Sorry about that everyone and thank you for responding! (Sorry I didn't respond faster as well, been busy)

Offline dullman

« Reply #792 on: October 03, 2016, 08:22:03 AM »
I have been thinking about working on WM7 starting from scratch with sdl2 and allowing multiple screens, multicore processing and dynamic screen changing.
It will be a lot of work so I don't know how or when I will get it done but I have a ton of ideas in my head.
WM7 will handle all characters the same; Girls, Boys, The Player, Customers, Rivals, NPCs, etc. will all be handled with the same base code so all types of interactions will be doable between any character.
The Town will be dynamic and changeable with each section having its own style (think Sim City on aphrodisiacs); Main Buildings will work like they do now, Residential areas will be used to house your people, Businesses that gangs can capture will have actual locations, etc.
Hmm great since i'm slowly making my own brothel manager (or brothels will be one of available buildings in game) so i can share some thoughts about it, but my question is that if you are going to make it in sdl 2.0 it means the programing language still remains c++??

Also if you changing version maybe you can think about changing xml files to json files. Myself i tried different approaches to this like using sqlite, xml or json and i believe for me json files is the easiest way to work both from code and text files to build data for game. I found for c# good library which basically make serializing object easy, so probably there are also exists similar libraries for c++.

For the end if you moving to sdl2.0 are you also upgrading visual studio to 2015 version?? I ask because last time i tried to modify WM i saw that library which i wanted to use is only usable by 2015 version (If you want to know it library is to render svg files).

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #793 on: October 06, 2016, 02:43:12 PM »
The dynamic town element sounds like a really cool idea, so if you can pull that of then that would be pretty cool. Although you say like Sim City on aphrodisiacs which worries me, after all sims ain't exactly known for being sane or rational at the best of times  :D .

Good to see you back and feeling better man!
Wolffy
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline KingofKings

« Reply #794 on: October 06, 2016, 09:31:47 PM »
Although you say like Sim City on aphrodisiacs which worries me, after all sims ain't exactly known for being sane or rational at the best of times  :D .

You can blame EA for screwing that one over, the original Sim City games had great Sim A.I, Ea ruined SimCity's A.I.
So the chances of this actually being bad is somewhat low.