Author Topic: Reporting Errors:  (Read 352631 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Reporting Errors:
« Reply #225 on: February 21, 2014, 04:02:02 AM »
(a randomgirl Rena Elsword, should she be unique?)
Rena basically is a class of character from mmorpg Elsword. She is not an actual character, so she doesn't have a personality there. Well, according to wiki, at least.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #226 on: February 21, 2014, 04:07:23 AM »
Just did some more arena, experience gain based on your level is... not fun. Will the arena/fighting be the only way the hero gains xp?

No and MC already can gain XP from combat in brothel for example.

Also, hired a warrior in arena, started at lvl 33. Didn't realise that was possible. She started with fire arrow, she is a beast. (a randomgirl Rena Elsword, should she be unique?)

This is temporary, Arena girls are not being excluded from girlsmeets, they will be for Alpha and they will come back for the beta with proper recruitment options and Arena teams breakups.

Having to go back to girls screen to take girls off teams, put on teams is tedious. Would be good to be able to do it from arena zone. Or put girls into a potential arena combatants group and choose which girls to take before each fight.

Taking off can be done in hero profile screen that is accessible from the Arena. Maybe a pick from available warriors but I don't really like that idea.

Haven't ran into any errors in a while, might do some testing on the other buildings/multiple buildings next.

Hmm, after that you  might want to try normal gameplay (without dev mode) and see how difficult/easy it is and maybe suggest some ways to improve it. But it'll only make sense after I finish at least a draft of the MC screen.

Rena basically is a class of character from mmorpg Elsword. She is not an actual character, so she doesn't have a personality there. Well, according to wiki, at least.

Agreed, we need more random chars, unique once aren't really a problem.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #227 on: February 21, 2014, 04:32:29 AM »
Yea I'll give non dev version a go, I think it'll be pretty hard, low level girls don't seem to earn as much as they cost, then they rest. Guess I wont have any guards... Depends on how much you plan on having the player start with.
Is this already available somewhere? Console command?
Anyway, sleepy times.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #228 on: February 21, 2014, 04:37:16 AM »
Yea I'll give non dev version a go, I think it'll be pretty hard, low level girls don't seem to earn as much as they cost, then they rest. Guess I wont have any guards... Depends on how much you plan on having the player start with.
Is this already available somewhere? Console command?
Anyway, sleepy times.

You can open options.rpy in the main game folder with any text editor and just change config.developer = False instead of True. I've tried playing the non dev version, it's all about finding the right girl to start with. I doubt you'll need guards in smaller brothels and starting gold is currently 10 000.

Goodnight :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #229 on: February 21, 2014, 06:28:19 AM »
Agreed, we need more random chars, unique once aren't really a problem.
The same story with Kirigaya Suguha and Leafa from SAO. They are the same character, but with very different appearance, and both have many pics. So I made Suguha ug, and her "avatar" Leafa is rg.
Otherwise it would be like a split personality or something.

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #230 on: February 21, 2014, 02:29:39 PM »
Normal dev version testing.
Just sold something to the general store and then they suddenly had -18800 gold.

Missed an arena match fight and it was still in the matchup list. Never went away.
I fought two scheduled matches in 1 day, by fighting one match, then signing up for the other one that had not been taken yet for this day, and fighting it too. I guess that's fine though?

Magic is still too damn powerful, I've been hit by survival mobs for 5 magic damage and dogfights/matches for over 300 magic damage before I even have a turn. Most I've seen from melee was a crit for 80 in a ranked match(or me hitting a survival archer or bat for huge melee damage).
 Seeing as how there are almost no max health boosting items, one ring (removes 50 mp too), one amulet for +15. Perhaps the heavy armours that give -agility/other stats could give a health boost too.
Currently the best setup is wearing 2 rings of health, amulet of health and as much gear that boosts max MP as you can without sacrificing defence/agility/magic.
Even though I'm basically only using fire arrow right now, the other spells are more powerful than melee attacks.
No longer do I use fire arrow with that setup, 2 spells down ranked match enemies.
Showing mana cost for each spell in battle would be nice too.
Mp is only a problem in survival fights. And on my first survival win with no fire arrow use... A brutal fight with fire and ice and blood and guts everywhere, barely able to stand, I receive the grand prize of Organic Lingerie baby!
Can we make fire arrow a normal spell yet? It's bit of a pain when they use it on you.
An indicator on arena screen showing your hp/mp would be good(without going to hero screen, seems lazy but... eh.), many a time I started a battle with 0 mp or low hp without realising.

Okay I'm top rep and top 1v1 ladder. Level 14, day 82, only stopped using fire arrow once I had 230 hp(from rings) and 100 in most battle stats(except luck).
It will be terribly rough trying to gain the first few levels(where everything one hits you) without the cash or ability to access top tier gear, or have no spells, or have no cash to buy mana potions if you do have spells. You will have to be really lucky to get super susceptible to melee damage enemies, like those survival archers(but single survival win rewards are low). I dont think you could win dogfights and definitely not ranked matches. I don't think 2v2 or 3v3 would enhance your chances either.

Will you have different divisions in arena? Like grade A B C D E. Or a way to see which opponents wont smoke you in one hit before you can even blink?

In hero screen, I unequipped a ring while on cape sorting, and it put the ring in the cape section temporarily.
On stats screen, can we show the maximum stat for that level in brackets after the normal maximum? Or something similar.

Are we going to be able to choose stats to boost on level up? I see you have it implemented in initial hero customize screen.

You can put on constitution boosting gear before your day ends to boost AP, and put on other gear for battling on the following day. Just use potions of hp/mp to get back to full strength.

Did you fix guards XP? Still way high if you have the guard building upgrades.
On hero finance report, there is no income listed from selling items, but I believe buying items is listed under 'other' for expenses.
Selling/firing girls with gear/items in there inventory that you gave them. What to do? Warning that they have items before sell? Auto-unequip and transfer to hero before sell? I noticed that if you sell them and buy them again, they retain their gear, nifty.
Selling a girl who was previously doing an action(whore) and buying them again, they will say they are doing that action(whore) on the streets, but they are essentially idle.

No problems running multiple buildings so far. There is no property tax/rates?

New courses seem to start with 1 day already used.

Do the misc upgrade type items work on the hero? And it seems you can't use the same one twice.

Having a go at non-dev version now.
Interacting with your girls doesn't use AP, but it can boost their skills. No reason to to spam it.
Having too many listings in expenses on hero finance report makes it write over the heading.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:37:58 PM by Jaeke »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2014, 03:26:07 PM »
Just sold something to the general store and then they suddenly had -18800 gold.

Bug.

Missed an arena match fight and it was still in the matchup list. Never went away.
I fought two scheduled matches in 1 day, by fighting one match, then signing up for the other one that had not been taken yet for this day, and fighting it too. I guess that's fine though?

Magic is still too damn powerful, I've been hit by survival mobs for 5 magic damage and dogfights/matches for over 300 magic damage before I even have a turn. Most I've seen from melee was a crit for 80 in a ranked match(or me hitting a survival archer or bat for huge melee damage).
 Seeing as how there are almost no max health boosting items, one ring (removes 50 mp too), one amulet for +15. Perhaps the heavy armours that give -agility/other stats could give a health boost too.

Two matches is fine as long as nothing is broken by it.

I'll take a look at how BE handles magic before Alpha, maybe I can come up with something to prevent one shot kills.

Showing mana cost for each spell in battle would be nice too.
Mp is only a problem in survival fights. And on my first survival win with no fire arrow use... A brutal fight with fire and ice and blood and guts everywhere, barely able to stand, I receive the grand prize of Organic Lingerie baby!
Can we make fire arrow a normal spell yet? It's bit of a pain when they use it on you.
An indicator on arena screen showing your hp/mp would be good(without going to hero screen, seems lazy but... eh.), many a time I started a battle with 0 mp or low hp without realising.

Yeap... but prolly post Alpha.

I'll load Dark's Survival json soon, it should get better then.

We can, I'll do it on the next update if I don't forget.

I'll look into the indicator, maybe before the @.

Okay I'm top rep and top 1v1 ladder. Level 14, day 82, only stopped using fire arrow once I had 230 hp(from rings) and 100 in most battle stats(except luck).
It will be terribly rough trying to gain the first few levels(where everything one hits you) without the cash or ability to access top tier gear, or have no spells, or have no cash to buy mana potions if you do have spells. You will have to be really lucky to get super susceptible to melee damage enemies, like those survival archers(but single survival win rewards are low). I dont think you could win dogfights and definitely not ranked matches. I don't think 2v2 or 3v3 would enhance your chances either.

This is a bit unexpected, I didn't think it would be possible to win a fight vs King who has all stats above 400 and 700000 experience... Not sure what to do about this either, I really should take a look at magic damage in BE before the @.

You should be able to win dogfights without cheating, matter of luck... decent equipment and a bit of leveling. We'll have more options to train and get experience soon enough.

Will you have different divisions in arena? Like grade A B C D E. Or a way to see which opponents wont smoke you in one hit before you can even blink?

In hero screen, I unequipped a ring while on cape sorting, and it put the ring in the cape section temporarily.
On stats screen, can we show the maximum stat for that level in brackets after the normal maximum? Or something similar.

Yeap, at some point we will.

I'll fix the filter if I get a chance but it's not a priority for the @. Problem might go away after code review as well.
It does (should) show the maximum allowed, why do you need to know level maximum as well?

Are we going to be able to choose stats to boost on level up? I see you have it implemented in initial hero customize screen.

You can put on constitution boosting gear before your day ends to boost AP, and put on other gear for battling on the following day. Just use potions of hp/mp to get back to full strength.

Should be doable, we've planned something similar but there is only some much you can do with a small dev team.

Nice feature for people who like to micro :)

Did you fix guards XP? Still way high if you have the guard building upgrades.
On hero finance report, there is no income listed from selling items, but I believe buying items is listed under 'other' for expenses.
Selling/firing girls with gear/items in there inventory that you gave them. What to do? Warning that they have items before sell? Auto-unequip and transfer to hero before sell? I noticed that if you sell them and buy them again, they retain their gear, nifty.
Selling a girl who was previously doing an action(whore) and buying them again, they will say they are doing that action(whore) on the streets, but they are essentially idle.

I didn't, I'll flag this as a bug as I didn't the last time but I doubt it's a problem.

Thought that I've fixed that... [semi-bug]

Item handing is supposed to be better, like free girls shouldn't give you access before high disposition and they should auto-equip stuff (you can turn that off at high dispo as well). They should shop and spend their money as well. It'll be implemented at some point.

Their life is supposed to be simulated, but it's a bit of coding I don't want to get into right now.

No problems running multiple buildings so far. There is no property tax/rates?

New courses seem to start with 1 day already used.

Do the misc upgrade type items work on the hero? And it seems you can't use the same one twice.

Not yet.

Who cares? :) [semi-bug again]

Depends in the item, it should. Also depends on the item.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #232 on: February 21, 2014, 03:39:25 PM »
I never fought king. Is that Z? Perhaps I am missing some files.

Edited in from above post**

Having a go at non-dev version now.
Interacting with your girls doesn't use AP, but it can boost their skills. No reason to to spam it.
Having too many listings in expenses on hero finance report makes it write over the heading.

You should be able to win dogfights without cheating, matter of luck... decent equipment and a bit of leveling. We'll have more options to train and get experience soon enough.
With the spells you start with, I'm actually doing fine in dogfights. But without them... not a chance.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:46:04 PM by Jaeke »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #233 on: February 21, 2014, 03:45:39 PM »
I never fought king. Is that Z?

Might be, Z is one of the Arena Fighters. King is picked randomly every game. Ask Xeona who it is or it should be a leader of the 1v1 ladder. It might be possible to get to the top without fighting him/her...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #234 on: February 21, 2014, 03:47:15 PM »
Xeona only tells you about arena stuff the first time you talk to her. Then its just.. ask about the weather.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #235 on: February 21, 2014, 03:54:03 PM »
Xeona only tells you about arena stuff the first time you talk to her. Then its just.. ask about the weather.

Should be improved upon... you didn't get to buy arena permit from her then... I must have disabled it in the class instead of the developer mode.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #236 on: February 21, 2014, 03:57:01 PM »
Yea you don't have to buy permit in dev mode, but you do in non dev mode.

The witches hut is not stocking any mana potions right now... I'm fucked.

Can we have how many days are left in the course when the girl is doing them. on report screen.. or even girls screen somewhere.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 04:14:04 PM by Jaeke »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #237 on: February 21, 2014, 04:04:45 PM »
The witches hut is not stocking any mana potions right now... I'm fucked.

LoL

There is Alchemy in Alkion... I wonder if we should port it to PyTFall, you could cook up a potion yourself :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #238 on: February 21, 2014, 04:17:15 PM »
You could code 1/3 or 1/4 of defence as a magic defence. Better than nothing for now, and if will work well in addition to affinities, we could keep it.

Alchemy is a task for post release, we will need more mobs and decent EE (public extraction of ingredients at the arena is ridiculous).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #239 on: February 21, 2014, 04:26:45 PM »
Reporting a bug  ???

Noone noticed that sprite in the hero profile screen is stuck at default :)
Like what we're doing?