devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619408 times)

Offline Yukinohki

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #315 on: June 21, 2014, 06:15:07 AM »
Harr, yes need more whips for the more temperamental ones then.
I start a new game and see what happens,
thanks for your work.

Offline oldcityguy

« Reply #316 on: June 27, 2014, 06:21:59 PM »
I'm getting a CTD when scrolling through the Consumables list. It occurrs when the "Major Tome of Genius" appears at the bottom of the list. I tried selling off every thing that is before the "Major Tome of Genius", but it didn't help.
Version .05.r.02
Save game and log file attached

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #317 on: June 27, 2014, 10:23:51 PM »
I'm getting a CTD when scrolling through the Consumables list. It occurs when the "Major Tome of Genius" appears at the bottom of the list. I tried selling off every thing that is before the "Major Tome of Genius", but it didn't help.
Version .05.r.02
Save game and log file attached
This crash is caused by the additional item rarity options added a while back.
They were never used until I changed a few powerful items to rarity Catacomb05 and Catacomb01
They did not have a display color assigned to them so it crashed.

In your config.xml, go to the <Items ... > section and add the 2 new colors, RarityColor7 and RarityColor8:
Code: [Select]
<Items
        AutoCombatEquip    = "true"
        RarityColor0    = "#000000"
        RarityColor1    = "#000066"
        RarityColor2    = "#0000cc"
        RarityColor3    = "#0066ff"
        RarityColor4    = "#8f0000"
        RarityColor5    = "#00ff00"
        RarityColor6    = "#008f00"
        RarityColor7    = "#800000"
        RarityColor8    = "#b00000"
/>
Set the hex colors to whatever works with your other colors.

Or you can move or edit the items that have the new Catacomb05 or Catacomb01:
Golden Cookie.itemsx, Perfection.itemsx, Marae's Pearl.itemsx

The corrected code will be in the next version
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #318 on: June 28, 2014, 08:52:35 AM »
I just had a game crash with the latest version 05s.

Following happened:
I've got a normal girl which was a virgin and she was directly put into the house by the program.
The orders I gave to her : At day she had free and at night she should be  personal trained.
Pushed the button next week.
The first thing I was wandering about was that at
first a message came on the screen "She's gotten pregnant"  Without any picture behind So I didn't know to whom these message belongs.
So I started the turn summary and had a look at the girls into the brothel. But there was nothing red, no warning.
Switched over to the house and there I saw the red message. The girl  was the only one in the house.
I went through the messages and after I read the night message in which her owner decided that she will loose her virginity I clicked on the red Message
Then the game crashed.
The girl had the virgin="1" as well as the trait "virgin"

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #319 on: June 28, 2014, 10:39:15 AM »
I just had a game crash with the latest version 05s.
first a message came on the screen "She's gotten pregnant"  Without any picture behind
Then the game crashed.
This crash is caused by the default images being added back into the game improperly.
When I added them back I used
    if (girl->is_pregnant() && m_DefImages->m_Images[ImgType + PREG_OFFSET].m_NumImages)
Instead of
    if (girl->is_pregnant() && ImgType != IMGTYPE_PREGNANT && m_DefImages->m_Images[ImgType + PREG_OFFSET].m_NumImages)
so the IMGTYPE_PREGNANT was loading as IMGTYPE_PREGNANT + PREG_OFFSET

Fixing it in .05s.01

Offline Brozita

« Reply #320 on: June 28, 2014, 03:44:18 PM »
On 05s.01.

I've found girl in the slave market as young as 15.

Daughters of girl are still 18.

Edit; Added another picture, sorry for the size I had to make it smaller to fit within the limits.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 04:18:02 PM by Brozita »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #321 on: June 28, 2014, 05:48:46 PM »
On 05s.01.
I've found girl in the slave market as young as 15.
Daughters of girl are still 18.
When I moved the virginity check into its own function it didn't properly flow the age change through to rgirls
Fixed it, reuploaded .05s.01

Offline Evangelion 01

« Reply #322 on: June 29, 2014, 02:06:03 PM »
Just noticed that my normal preg*.* pics aren't loaded any more for all my girls...I know you changed the code abit but didn't you say the old name format/pics shuld still be displayed?
btw the girls gallery ingame show pregnancy pics...but they won't replace the profile pictures dureing pregnancy anymore
preg sex in all variants...if avaiable...are shown though

And yes ever since you updated I didn't knock up girls where I knew pregnancy pics existed...but now I did^^

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #323 on: June 29, 2014, 03:25:08 PM »
Just noticed that my normal preg*.* pics aren't loaded any more for all my girls...I know you changed the code abit but didn't you say the old name format/pics shuld still be displayed?
btw the girls gallery ingame show pregnancy pics...but they won't replace the profile pictures dureing pregnancy anymore
preg sex in all variants...if avaiable...are shown though

And yes ever since you updated I didn't knock up girls where I knew pregnancy pics existed...but now I did^^
The problem was that for IMGTYPE_PROFILE, the changed code was looking for IMGTYPE_PREGPROFILE instead of passing IMGTYPE_PREGNANT
Fixed in .05s.02 so that if there are no IMGTYPE_PREGPROFILE then it looks for IMGTYPE_PREGNANT

Offline Claytod

« Reply #324 on: June 29, 2014, 07:31:22 PM »
Hey, a long time lurker here. I'm running into the problem of the menu not showing up when I start the game. Can someone tell me how to fix this. I don't run the latest version right now, but I tried it and it still didn't work.
EDIT: After a bit of tinkering I figured it out, just had to switch some stuff in the "Interface" folder.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 09:03:39 PM by Claytod »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #325 on: June 29, 2014, 09:15:02 PM »
Hey, a long time lurker here. I'm running into the problem of the menu not showing up when I start the game. Can someone tell me how to fix this. I don't run the latest version right now, but I tried it and it still didn't work.
Unzip the newest version and try running the game directly from the unzipped folder without moving any of your old stuff into it.
If it runs from the clean folder, start moving things over from your old folder to the clean one a little at a time, testing after you move it.

If the problem is in the interface you use, compare the J_1024x768 interface in the new version with your interface.
There have been some changes in the interface that may be causing it not to show up.

Offline Drugas

« Reply #326 on: July 05, 2014, 05:22:05 PM »
The Current SVN "Rev90" has line 1207 of cGirls.cpp
    if (current->m_YourDaughter == 0)    AddTrait(newGirl, "Your Daughter");
This seems to be a check against the new YourDaughter Status, which is then adding the trait for 0. 0 in this instance means false or no, I believe.
I think it was an accident, since right above it's checking the same kind of check, but it's a human check, and adding "not human". That would mean this would have to be "not daughter".

This explains why I kept having the slave market propagated by my daughters. For some odd reason, this didn't make every single one to be out that way, but a random amount. I don't know why.

Switching the 0 to a 1 eliminates the random daughters.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #327 on: July 05, 2014, 11:21:24 PM »
The Current SVN "Rev90" has line 1207 of cGirls.cpp
    if (current->m_YourDaughter == 0)    AddTrait(newGirl, "Your Daughter");
This seems to be a check against the new YourDaughter Status, which is then adding the trait for 0. 0 in this instance means false or no, I believe.
I think it was an accident, since right above it's checking the same kind of check, but it's a human check, and adding "not human". That would mean this would have to be "not daughter".

This explains why I kept having the slave market propagated by my daughters. For some odd reason, this didn't make every single one to be out that way, but a random amount. I don't know why.

Switching the 0 to a 1 eliminates the random daughters.
Fixed this and it is in .05s.03.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 01:14:22 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Claytod

« Reply #328 on: July 05, 2014, 11:36:46 PM »
Hello again. I have another question about a annoying bug i'm running into. There a a few girls from packs i downloaded that won't show up in the game. It's not in the packs' fault, because some do work. What's also weird about my game is that girls are showing up that used have .girlx files, but no longer do. Can someone tell me what's going on?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #329 on: July 06, 2014, 12:49:41 AM »
There a a few girls from packs i downloaded that won't show up in the game. It's not in the packs' fault, because some do work.
If the girls name does not exactly match the image folder's name, the images will not load.
If a girl has a status of "Catacombs" they can only be acquired from the catacombs.
If a girl has a status of "Arena" they can only be acquired from the arena.
If the (r)girlsx file is corrupt, they may not load properly and thus not be in the game.

What's also weird about my game is that girls are showing up that used have .girlx files, but no longer do. Can someone tell me what's going on?
When you first create a new game, it loads every girlsx file it finds and stores it in the savegame file.
If you later remove the girls image folder, the game still has the girl in the savegame so it will display the default images if there are any.