devolution

Author Topic: Complete Game Download  (Read 90378 times)

Offline Brozita

Re: Complete Game Download
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2014, 08:57:02 PM »
Yeh I'm also stuck at 99.8 percent, on the flip side though, I've uploaded 110 GB of the parts I have..

The text document attached shows all the missing files from the Torrent, anyone know if it would fix it to just place the files in the folder?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:54:52 PM by Brozita »

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2014, 11:39:06 AM »
The text document attached shows all the missing files from the Torrent, anyone know if it would fix it to just place the files in the folder?
It would fix it on your end but the torrent requites the original files from a complete download in order to see it as the torrent's files.

If 1 person with the complete torrent could disable their seed ratio and start seeding again, all the people at 99.9% now would finish in just a few minutes.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2014, 06:30:18 PM »
How do you reset the seed ratio?
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2014, 06:44:52 PM »
You can't "reset" it but in the settings you can disable or change the ratio limit.
Sometimes setting the ratio to 0 will make it seed forever, it just depends on the torrent client you are using.

If you have removed the torrent but still have the files you can reopen the torrent and select "verify local data".
This checks the previously downloaded torrent files against the torrent hash and will rebuild your torrent data.
Once that is finished, you can reseed.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:59:57 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Torajidi

« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2014, 07:57:53 AM »

In uTorrent, it's under Options > Preferences > Queueing. Not sure about any other client.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2014, 03:11:15 AM »
I gave up on the torrent when it was stuck at 99.9% for 3 days.
I went through my Characters folders and found the missing files.
They are here:
Mirror 1 - http://www.fileswap.com/dl/ioOTT28AJw/files_missing_from_the_torrent.zip.html
Mirror 2 - https://mega.co.nz/#!pA0XAQhb!3ivh7WMSUNJjxIRC4r3P5Ev-nvAGRSJOL_Y9H7t1wbU

The files not in the Characters folder are in the main game file.
Download the newest version here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3446.0

Offline Uriel

« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2014, 02:48:18 PM »
It seems that current torrent has no .exe and no gamesaves now. I tried to feed it with the .exe i found in .05t.03 archive, but it's not the right one.

I think what we see here is people playing/updating the copy they downloaded, without making a copy of it to play(that's quite understandable, it's kinda large). So they overwrite the savegames included in torrent with theirs, and the .exe being changed when they update. Then they can't seed the full copy anymore, and torrent is stuck at nearly finished.

The only way around is to seed it with no game files, girls/items/whatever only.

Offline Brozita

« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2014, 03:09:19 PM »
The only way around is to seed it with no game files, girls/items/whatever only.

Or we could make a new torrent as a zip file.

Offline Uriel

« Reply #128 on: September 03, 2014, 04:29:24 PM »
Yeah, as it was once before. Not very convinient i must say. It will kinda help, but then people will extract the game and delete the archive for SPAAAAACE. Because there can never be enough SPAAAACE.
Less seeders.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 04:37:17 PM by Uriel »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #129 on: September 03, 2014, 07:43:01 PM »
The problem with making the torrent as a zip file is that if that gets stalled at 99.9% then the entire thing is useless.
I see 2 ways of doing it better, either multiple smaller torrents or 1 torrent with each girl in their own zip.
Four 5gb torrents dividing the girls alphabetically or perhaps 1 torrent for rgirls and 3 for girls.

Offline GonDra

« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2014, 07:35:53 AM »
Unless everyone receives a corrupted zip it shouldn't be possible for a single zip torrent to stay at 99.9%.
It doesn't make any sense to use multiple torrents either, a single torrent with multiple zips will keep confusion low especially if it is named sanely (for example 'WM-complete-2014').
As for how you split the girls into individual zips is something more debatable.
I would propose one zip with the game, and a 'starter pack' of girls to plop into the character folder, how the rest are packed is something else - individual zips for each girl would probably be the easiest, grouping them as series or just keeping the original packs in which they came would be the options that come to mind.

Another thing is how 'complete' are the packs in that mega torrent at the moment? I mean there were a lot of changes in the recent patches, so how complete are those anyway?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 07:58:41 AM by GonDra »

Offline Brozita

« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2014, 04:00:29 PM »
I don't mind uploading for any amount of torrents and I'll leave 30 GB of space for it on my computer.

With that said I'd prefer if we did a couple of zips, one for the main game, a basic girl pack (Girls with more or less full pictures and multiple for each options), and individual torrents for the pack developers.

Offline Torajidi

« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2014, 02:32:44 AM »
Another thing is how fool 'complete' are the packs in that mega torrent at the moment? I mean there were a lot of changes in the recent patches, so how complete are those anyway?

It's about the girlpacks, not the game files. Future complete game torrents would most likely only contain the Characters folder, which you'd be able to drag and drop into any future patch of the game.

Offline GonDra

« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2014, 08:08:54 AM »
It's about the girlpacks, not the game files. Future complete game torrents would most likely only contain the Characters folder, which you'd be able to drag and drop into any future patch of the game.

I know, but there were several new image-types added or are going to be added, aren't there?
So a lot of packs currently available are probably incomplete at the moment.

Offline TitanSon

« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2014, 11:29:54 AM »
GonDra it take some time before nearly the most of the girlpacks are updated cause the last version from crazy and aevojoey is very young and the new image-types are as new as the version cause they were newly integrated