devolution

Author Topic: Complete Game Download  (Read 90378 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Complete Game Download
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2014, 02:03:45 AM »
I don't think that it works with png images. I don't see them in the Lurker's pack, but they probably exist in these hewhocumsbynight's archives.
And png requires considerably more space than even 100% quality jpg.

Offline NEXEON

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2014, 03:19:45 AM »
we can convert png to jpg

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2014, 05:07:00 PM »
I don't think that it works with png images. I don't see them in the Lurker's pack, but they probably exist in these hewhocumsbynight's archives.
If there are png images in my packs, they are not there by intent.  I strive to have all of my packs contain only jpg images.  I also try to compress as many images as possible as far as possible - if you look at my newer packs, the majority of the images are 200 kb or less.
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline Sorren

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2014, 03:42:11 AM »

Actually it doesn't always depending on how you have the settings, at any rate just change the filetype suffice to .jpg and it'll load in fine.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2014, 04:04:07 AM »

Actually it doesn't always depending on how you have the settings, at any rate just change the filetype suffice to .jpg and it'll load in fine.

That would be about as useful as watching the grass grow :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2014, 01:53:41 PM »
^Nuff said  ::)

Offline _rhetorik_

« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2014, 04:33:15 PM »
That would be about as useful as watching the grass grow :)

Actually it could work. SDL, the library used for image loading, should support at least jpeg, png and tiff. The termination should be irrelevant in the determination of the file format which should be done by the content of the file. If WM is filtering *.jpg files renaming it could end up working just fine.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2014, 04:43:22 PM »
I know that it'll work fine, that however doesn't make it any more useful :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2014, 04:51:50 PM »
didn't one of the other modders make it so other image types work? If it's the one that included the source code I can make the code available iirc.

Offline crazy

« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2014, 08:13:37 PM »
didn't one of the other modders make it so other image types work? If it's the one that included the source code I can make the code available iirc.
PNGs should work with my mod already.

Offline torrentsearcher

« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2014, 11:46:07 AM »

downloaded and seeded the torrent for a while, thanks for making this a lot more fun than the original.

i do get the exactly same crash message, too.
girls are on free time, gangs are guarding. i can´t figure out what to do so i can continue playing.

is there someone who can help?

Not working.

So far it's still crashing even if I have all girls on free time then I tried all the gange on guarding.  No change still crashing when I get to next turn.

this is the only info I got from the crash.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    Whore Master.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    521c17ad
  Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.18247
  Fault Module Timestamp:    521ea8e7
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    0002e3be
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Offline Maggot Propelled Corpse

« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2014, 01:14:15 AM »
I'm not new to gaming but am fairly new to this game, played about a week or so before I found there were better than the original versions so I grabbed this night before last. Gave me fits for a bit so I figured I'd note what I'd found so other new users don't have the same problems. What's obvious when you've been around a while isn't so much when you haven't been. And I'll get this out first, yes it was a clean install, brand new virgin folder never entered by anything but this download  ;)

Most of it's great except for one big problem I had, I'd buy a girl or get one from the walk and she'd show up in my brothel or dungeon, but not healthy. Dead in fact. Drove me nuts until I started going through the saved game files which led me to the girlsx and rgirlsx files. A few such as 'Seras Victoria' were screwed. One had a zero where an "O' should have been, another forgot to close a statement with a '>', another looked like someone edited it with notepad instead of notepad++ or something which respects formatting. Notepad doesn't, it screws documents people. Can't remember the other names offhand but there were maybe 4 or so, give or take.

The way to find them is cumbersome but easy (you can drag and drop), just load them one by one into the editor and if it doesn't load it's poked. If it does load it's fine, don't edit or save it in the editor because it will lose some things such as 'titty sex' and 'oral sex' which weren't in the original game. Fixed all but 'Seras Victoria' in notepad++ but that one was poked enough I just read the contents and copied it into the editor, seemed easier. Probably why it stuck in my head, worst screwed of the bunch. No more dead new slaves/employees though and the game loads faster without the errors.

Ok, mentioned above the idea of 'titty sex' and 'oral sex' not being in the original game and due to that you can't enter the skills into the script editor, except with a simple edit you can. I did and it works fine. In the folder 'ScriptEditor' there's a subfolder called data, go there and you'll find two documents. One that clearly says "DO NOT EDIT THESE" which I of course ignored and another named "ScriptCommands.txt", that's the one we're interested in. First make a backup copy, just in case you screw up you'll be able to restore it just as if you'd paid attention to the other file in the first place.

Ok, backup made open it and look for the line "CHOICE 32", change that to CHOICE 34 because we're adding two new commands to that section, otherwise they won't show up. #32 is the line "COMBAT" so we'll insert ours directly below that. Two lines, first "ORALSEX" and the second on a new line is "NONE". Yes none, don't ask me why but that's what the game and save file uses instead of Titty_sex or something that would make some kind of sense ;) There's another section that also included the sex commands, didn't screw with that myself because I didn't need to yet. If you do you're doing a whole new test of your own and I don't know what it changes or how/where it'll work yet. Still picking it up myself.

Ok, that's the biggest of it but one last quick comment then I'm gone. Since this game was created screen sizes have become larger, as screen sizes get larger the same font on the screen looks smaller. Test it, change your display resolution to a much larger or smaller size and see what it does when you browse the web. Different, huh? Well, due to that I'd assume the default text sizes, on the girls stats to the left of the pic on the main brothel "Girl Details" screen in particular, are way too small. I played with the "interface" folder a bit but haven't run across the rtight settings yet and given that screen sizes and resolutions aren't getting smaller but bigger it's probably time to change the defaults.

That's more than enough for a first post I'd guess. Yeah, I know some of it maybe should have gone elsewhere but the girls packs part didn't and I figured what the hell.

Later, peace people.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 04:15:53 AM by Maggot Propelled Corpse »

Offline torrentsearcher

« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2014, 04:49:21 AM »
could u, by any means, post the fixed files somehow?
u´d do a good deed to everyone who wants to enjoy this game. it really is frustrating to play and have to start over again, especially now that i know i might reach a point where the same crash issue might happen just again.
kudos to u for analyzing those files, dear sir.

Offline Maggot Propelled Corpse

« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2014, 07:40:51 PM »
Sure, as I'd mentioned I didn't remember the names so I extracted the whole thing and went over them again in a new folder. No big deal, just do something for someone else when you can. I attached a very small file here containing just the 4 .girlsx files in question. They were Captive Elven Officers.girlsx, Nene Anegasaki.girlsx, One Piece.girlsx and Seras Victoria.girlsx. Just extract them into the Resources\Characters\ folder with the rest of them. It should fix the problem with dead and zero stats across the board npc's but I can't swear it'll fix every problem. For example...

While extracting I noticed two error messages, Hinamori Amu\group7.jpg is broken, I looked and it's a zero byte file. Rachel Alucard\Les6.jpg the same. I just deleted them and renamed others in the folder to fill in the gaps. That's two that 7zip caught for me but there may be more and graphics errors can cause a crash in most games. Could be the problem here maybe? Dunno yet, I'm not exactly sure yet what might be a fault and what's native to the version. For example in the original version I played I never saw a red highlighted npc in the slave market but in this version I do. Not sure if it's a sign of a bug or a feature pointing something out to me which I haven't caught onto yet. That's one problem with coming into a game like this late, poorly documented and you'd have to read the notes in the posts where it's first discussed or announced to figure it out for sure. If I figure out anything more I'll let you know.

As an afterthought, do start a new game with the fixed files. As I said above I can't swear it'll fix the crashes, so far I haven't had that problem, but I'm pretty sure continuing a game with broken data isn't going to work and that's what those files caused.

Offline Uriel

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2014, 04:47:28 AM »
Red girls on the market are the unique ones.