Author Topic: Complete Game Download  (Read 90379 times)

Offline torrentsearcher

Re: Complete Game Download
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2014, 09:46:16 AM »
@maggot propelled corpse: might be no big deal for someone who understands what all the scripting means and how it´s supposed to work...  :P me, i´d never see where a :, ) or ] is missing somewhere... i am happy enough to get this thing to run in the first place.  ;)

one of the girls u mentioned be4 was the one that´s causing dead girls, i think it was sera victoria or whatever her name was. it was recommended to delete her file. having done just that i never had those troubles with the dead girls appearing in the dungeon. maybe with ur fixed scripts u just added 4 more girls to the game for me...  :D

again, thanks for ur efforts, i will start a new game now to check if there´s something else that gets this to crash.
soh, and btw: this might sound stupid, but is there a way to insert the fixed scripts in the existing torrent, so other players don´t have to find this first be4 they can play properly?

Offline Maggot Propelled Corpse

« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2014, 10:25:37 AM »
Insert it into the torrent? Not that I'm aware of. Any file sharing software worth using does a CRC check of the files to make sure some jerk didn't tamper with it, insert a virus or trojan  of some sort. Any effort to tamper with or modify the file would fail the CRC check so be seen as a brand new file, not shared with this one. Have to either put up a whole new one or deal with what we've got and the patch I guess.

No problem on the files, Uriel filled me in on something I didn't know and I helped with something you didn't know, not a big deal. There's an old quote I've always liked which explains my attitude on the subject.

"A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving." -- Albert Einstein

I'm enjoying someone elses efforts in even playing the game, if I can add something to it it's nothing more than what I owe. If more of us did that we'd all be better off.

Offline torrentsearcher

« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2014, 01:58:04 PM »
just a little report: after playing for a while now i did not encouter any more or new problems... yet. didn´t purchase a seconde brothel by now, but clinic, studio and the other stuff do work. need to find out what the bedwarmer at home is good for, though. ;)
u seem to have fixed most of the graver errors!

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2014, 02:55:49 PM »
Okay:

Given all the new girls, fixes, and so on and so forth, would y'all be in favor of me creating a new, updated torrent?
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline Zangril

« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2014, 07:10:44 PM »
Okay:

Given all the new girls, fixes, and so on and so forth, would y'all be in favor of me creating a new, updated torrent?

I just got the game a couple of days ago and have been loving it so far. So, I'd love more updated version with more added.

Offline torrentsearcher

« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2014, 07:32:31 PM »
a new torrent would be nice, including the fixes. mentioning that, i got the crash i was expecting today. i tried changing a few settings and found that the game continued when i had the girl "palutena" whore inside the brothel and not in the streets.

i don´t know enough about scripting, though, to see if it really was a fault in her script or something else. maybe m.p.c. can look over her script again. i will keep playing some more and see if i find more of those "crash constelations".

anyway, thanks for this highly entertaining game, and i hope that there will be people to keep new girls and new features coming. btw, best feature would be sizable text... i almost get a headache when i try to read those tiny letters...  :)

« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2014, 07:52:12 PM »
I don't see that name in the girlsx or rgirlsx files though it could be buried in a pack which has multiple girls. Lots of them aren't unique though, the name shown will be just a random name picked when the game spawned them from the rgirlsx file. Select at her in the main brothel management screen and see on the right side where her description is, bottom line, who she's based on and I can take a look.

Odds are it has nothing to do with her though unless she has bad images which might cause a crash. With most there's no scripting involved, in their data folders there would be a trigger file to call a script which is why we get just the generic recruit text for the majority and unique text for just a few. And as far as I can tell so far the script would only be used in the recruit text, once you have them they run just like the rest who lacked the trigger. Other scripts are shared among them based on the action called rather than the girl in question.

Keep in mind I'm new to this game too, something simple like checking an xml file is no big deal but if we get into the actual coding for the game we're way past both my programming skills ( which are about zero) and my knowledge of what is a bug vs what is a feature I haven't picked up on yet. Most of what I know was picked up just like this, played a game and something bugged me so I poked at it and little by little learned some basic scripting and xml editing. Programming, that's something I've never done and have no real urge to learn. I still get an occasional crash myself, but not game breaking always in the same place ones like was discussed here before. The strays I'm not sure what to do about other than save often and check for broken images or something which might cause it.

@hewhocumsbynight, I'm fine with a new torrent, you post it and I'll seed it.

Offline torrentsearcher

« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2014, 08:00:18 PM »
she seems to be a unique girl, it says based on : palutena. if i remember right i got her from a special recruitement encounter in the hospital.

she has her data in the characters folder. but even if u poked me with ur aforementioned stick i couldn´t tell if there´s something wrong with her script or the pictures.

but hey, whatever helps to get this entertaining thingy run a bit more stable is very much welcome.

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2014, 08:11:06 PM »
Thanks, Maggot Propelled Corpse!

Also, just for the record, Palutena is a unique girl that I made.  I am pretty sure that, while I made her in the Editor, I modified her file using Notebook, which I have done for most of my girls at one point or another.

The only special thing about her is a distinct meetscript, with triggers for the town, clinic, arena, and studio.
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2014, 08:33:46 PM »
Yeah, she's there. For some reason I was looking at Pat... rather than Pal... which I should have, looked right past her. Looks ok to to me though.

Speaking of editing them after they come out of the default editor I figured I'd toss this out there real quick. I figured out the format for adding oral and titty sex to their data. The default (with it not being entered) seems to give them a small amount on a random (?) basis but we can bump that to what we want with the following edits, the names the game recognizes being "OralSex=" and "TittySex=" Played with spaces and "none" since that's what the save file and script editor uses and those are finally what worked. Why it's different between the scripts, save files and the char data I don't know, but it is. I know hewhocumsbynight already knows that since it's in Palutena but I didn't and others might not, it isn't used in most girls files and it can be.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 08:39:36 PM by Maggot Propelled Corpse »

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2014, 10:26:33 PM »
Here's the magnet link for the new torrent I just created.  I'll add it to the first post of this thread too, but would somebody be so kind as to test it? 

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:F1294DE59BFCBD75E0E93F517DA7F9B6D430498F&dn=Crazy%27s%20mod%20.05h%20test.rar&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce

Offline Zangril

« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2014, 10:51:05 PM »
Here's the magnet link for the new torrent I just created.  I'll add it to the first post of this thread too, but would somebody be so kind as to test it? 

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:F1294DE59BFCBD75E0E93F517DA7F9B6D430498F&dn=Crazy%27s%20mod%20.05h%20test.rar&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce

I've been trying to download it for the past 10 minutes and it says connecting to peers 0.0%

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2014, 10:56:38 PM »
Dammit.  Okay, I have minimal experience with torrents, and so I consult the mighty internet. 

I have a torrent file.  It's sitting there, saying that it's seeding, with a single seed present and an availability of 1.00.  What else need I do?

« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2014, 10:57:48 PM »
Magnet link wasn't showing files at first, was just about to post about that but it worked when I triple checked before posting. Looks good now.

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2014, 11:15:46 PM »
Excellent!  It's a 16.3 gig monster, so I hope you've got a space of free time!