devolution

Author Topic: Crash on "Next Week"  (Read 24647 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Crash on "Next Week"
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 11:07:33 AM »
yeah, I find that it is almost always the torturer girl

Yeap, my game crashed for the first time yesterday, I never used torturer before that and the problem went away after I've disabled that option.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Barinthus

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 11:21:20 AM »
Last two times I played the game, it crashed when I order a girl to do a beast capture for the first time ever for that game session.

Any suggestions on how to track down the offender?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 04:59:31 PM »
Unique girl of default girl? Could try another girl.

Are you sure you're not going to the catacombs without beasts? Check the Mithra folder then. (Exists. Does it contain files ect).

Could check your gamelog.txt in the root of your game dir. Maybe that contains something.

Good luck

Offline Barinthus

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 02:08:01 AM »
I didn't have the default girl folder in there so I tossed one in from the bundle. 
The game still crashes when I first use beast capture job. 
Will check out the log but not right now - bed time.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Offline Barinthus

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 01:07:35 AM »
If anybody care to check out my gamelog.txt...
http://www.mediafire.com/?17hyjtql8eevj13
I assigned a girl named Surupa to beast capture in the Day slot and sure enough when I clicked on the Next Week, the game froze.
I don't see anything related to Beast Capture in the log *puzzled*

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 07:55:17 AM »
Yo.

Looked at your gamelog. Indeed nog beast capture in it.
It looks like Surupa is a random girl. Could you try to assign an unique girl to the beast capture instead of her?
That way we can check if it is a random girl prob.

Good look. Let us know if it works.

Xmus

Offline Barinthus

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 07:59:41 PM »
Mmmm perhaps I should revert to 593

Will try using an unique.

Used Bettie Page and it still crashed - http://www.mediafire.com/?bt0ioj860ybokg4

Used 593 and an unique girl - crashed.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 08:57:43 PM by Barinthus »

Offline Barinthus

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 07:56:36 PM »
I decided to take out all real girl pictures and switched in with hentai pictures that came with the game as well downloaded off this site.

No problems re: beast capture.

So I assume it's something to do with pictures of real girls I had? 

I give up on those now and will be using hentai ones.  If anybody want pictures of real women I collected, I'm more than glad to upload those.

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 08:02:24 PM »
Sound like a corrupt picture of call.
Thanks for the feeding anwayz.

Could you pack one of the real girls in a zip file and include the girlx file.
I'll clean it up myself.

Just wanna check if I can recreate it.

Offline zartog

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011, 03:46:35 AM »
I had the same problem, that made me panic for a minute!  It seemed to me to be the torturer that was the problem, as soon as i switched her and emptied the dungeon it started to work again.

Edit: Now its working fine again.  Maybe caused by leaving specific slaves too long in dungeons? Hard to tell.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 04:02:30 AM by zartog »

Offline jmsne99

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 10:27:43 PM »
I am having the next week crash with 6.13 no torturer, no matron. Is there a version of this that doesn't crash? It gets very frustrating to get to a certain point repeatedly then have to start over because it keeps crashing over and over..

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 12:36:25 AM »
do you have anyone exploring the catacombs? it was a glitch an update or two ago where the game would crash if you ran out of/didn't have any monster girl, maybe it wasn't completely fixed. maybe try to save more often then you don't have to completely restart the file. the only crash I run into (but I frequently restart my games so I last for maybe a few years) is a random one when visiting the slave market.
also it's been mentioned in at least one girl maker thread that there might be corrupt pictures causing the game to crash.
but no, as far as I know there are no versions available that do not crash

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 04:56:10 AM »
I am having the next week crash with 6.13 no torturer, no matron. Is there a version of this that doesn't crash? It gets very frustrating to get to a certain point repeatedly then have to start over because it keeps crashing over and over..

I tried to rearrange places in the list of girls so Matron would be on the very top, followed by Explorers, Cleaners, Security and etc. So I've emptied one of the brothels and transferred everyone there and then transferred everyone back in different order... 5 different girls started crashing the game after that :)

Best way to solve these issues is to open the gamelog after the crash and look at the name of the last girl mentioned. Then reassign her tasks (at least for one week) or just give her free time, fix all issues one after the other on every new crash until the next day works again. I am still playing the same round and I've had no new crashes (No idea what year it is already, I prefer really long rounds) so you do not have to restart the game every time.

PS: I've never managed to get a corrupt image to crush the game on my PC but there were people who posted these problems so I guess it is possible at least.
PS2: If you have trouble understanding the log, when checking the gamelog file look for the last name of a girl mentioned, not at the last line of the log.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:12:00 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Lashevro

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2011, 10:58:25 PM »
i get another weird crash, if i have an empty brothel game will inevitably stop working.
i'm using the r593 version too.
THIS!! This was my problem, and placing girls in my new brothel fixed it! Thank you

Offline AtomicWolf

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2012, 08:36:22 PM »
i get another weird crash, if i have an empty brothel game will inevitably stop working.
i'm using the r593 version too.

THANK YOU!!! Yes this fixed it for me!! check to make sure you have a hoe in each brothel