Author Topic: A players thoughts and overview of the game  (Read 14117 times)

Offline Lovej

A players thoughts and overview of the game
« on: March 04, 2012, 07:19:06 AM »
HI,

First off  I like this games, and I support your work, however there are a few things I would like to suggest which in my mind might improve it.

1. Have pictures to match any action taken.  IE if your receiving a Blowjob,  have a picture of a blow job appear from that girl.  Forced or otherwise.   The same goes for all the others: Rape, deep-throat etc.  Having a corralled picture to an action would help Emerse the player.  In addition, having a picture for torture to including the girls sobbing etc would also be good

2.  Have some sort of time limit to the game,  after x number of mouth the game ends with a review. Depending on the how youve done, the player gets an ending - good,  bad etc

3.  I found the items confusing and time consuming to control.  I would suggest reducing the list of available items.  And also make it easy to purchase items for multiple girls at once.

4. Having images for the "customer" events would be good.

5.  during the summery reviews, display pictures of the girls having sex, be it BDSM, blows job ass fuck or even rape etc.   I felt that the pictures being displayed were random.

6.  I liked the gang warfare part of the game, but  I think it should have a better reward than just new brothels.  For example each brothel owner has a named leader with a gang and girls.  I would enjoy being able to kidnap his whore and or attach them, instead of a generic gang.

8. Introducing the police/politicking  in the game might be interesting, instead of just fighting the police / council members you can bribe with with girls and or run for office yourself.  This could open up a strategy of city wide control

7.  Having more variation to the descriptions to each sexual act would be good too, after a while it become a tad dull reading the same description over and over

8.  I didnt really make make much use of the catacombs in the game as I didnt see the point.  Having some additional reason for going down there may help - IE raise a tentacle army, enslave all human girls,  destroy the evil succubus ...

9. All in all,  for a beta version the basics are there,  I just think some sort of story and objective is required to make this game more complete.

10.  Great effort thus far,  and I look forward to your further developments.

Offline Alphega721

Re: A players thoughts and overview of the game
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 12:44:13 AM »
Official support for this game is long dead as all the devs have moved on to other projects.  Though there are a few people working on extending the game or creating variants, but the only one that's really worth checking out at this moment is EX, you can find it in the user mods section.

In EX, there are pics to match actions, like you wanted in #1, but there are also some features removed or changed from vanilla WM(gangs are less important, girl jobs are more so, beasts are gone as well as kidnapping).  As for most of the other ideas, I wouldn't hold your breath, considering due to the design of the game, it would be way too difficult to incorporate some of those things(people work on these games in their spare time, so chances are that, if effort outweighs the benefit of new gameplay mechanics, it won't happen).  You should also remember that more often than not, images in the game are gathered from around the net and not actually drawn by devs themselves, so having images that represent every action or event in the game is not likely to happen.

I've seen all sorts of posts asking to expand on the catacombs though, and that is as well something I would like to see, so maybe on that part.

THEFUTURE has done an excellent job so far with WMEX, and he should be releasing a new version soon-ish.  I'd recommend posting any suggestions in his thread in User Mods if you want them to be seen.

But all in all, I wouldn't expect to see many of these ideas happen.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:53:48 AM by Alphega721 »

Offline zaldar

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 12:17:51 PM »
well that is to bad why did it die?  To bad the new version removed kidnapping...that means I should just go play slave master really.

Question on strategy...what the heck can you do to keep the police from busting you every other turn?  I usually always end up getting busted and going into negative money..even if I am bribing and have good influence.

As well...is it a bug that some of the forced activities lead to an increase in rebeliousness?  That seems a little off to me..oh yes and how do you get new business...to buy the other brothel besides haveing more money than I can see ever getting...you have to control 30 businesses...can't see how that would be done.  Thanks!

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 01:51:07 PM »
you have to bribe the officials, (remember to check and up the amount as needed), click on one of the images in the top right hand side in the town map to go to the page with that on it.

also the devs left because we burned them out. a few months before they officially stopped there was a lot of conflict, sadly to say, where a small group of members were very vocally against changes being made, and claiming to be speaking for the silent majority.
there were also one or two health problems and money problems for one or two of the devs, causing them to go on and get real jobs, or try to develop paying games.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 11:37:47 PM »
I still live
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 10:12:07 AM »
Good to see you on, Necno!  As always, it's a pleasure for one of the devs to descend from Olympus!
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline Romanul

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 02:08:29 PM »
"Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)"

Can't wait!

Offline Livingshadow

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 04:39:56 AM »
Needs more of a choice when it comes to slaves. I mean, there are plenty of female slaves...its just off that they are all human (even though the game mentions other species) and that there are no male slaves, even though the game itself is called 'Whore Master' and obviously, Males are also in the game. Having Male Slaves would also make sense...since all you can do to male customers is either imprison (and slowly kill them) or let them go...just seems abit tame when you think about it. You own a business after all, and its legal (pay tax) so...it would make sense to enslave those who have wronged you in some way. or have them sent to prison rather than keep them in your own dungeon...and basically do nothing to them (no options really).
This is just my opinion though :3
 8)

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 08:48:21 AM »
Needs more of a choice when it comes to slaves. I mean, there are plenty of female slaves...its just off that they are all human (even though the game mentions other species) and that there are no male slaves, even though the game itself is called 'Whore Master' and obviously, Males are also in the game. Having Male Slaves would also make sense...since all you can do to male customers is either imprison (and slowly kill them) or let them go...just seems abit tame when you think about it. You own a business after all, and its legal (pay tax) so...it would make sense to enslave those who have wronged you in some way. or have them sent to prison rather than keep them in your own dungeon...and basically do nothing to them (no options really).
This is just my opinion though :3
 8)

This is not actually the first time somebody has made this point.  I think that everybody agrees with you, but as of now, none of have the skills, time, or interest to reformat the game in such a manner.  I'd be interested in making an attempt, but my coding is shit. 

If you can, by all means, try!
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline Livingshadow

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 01:30:33 PM »
I would love to try...but I've never done anything like that before.
I have no idea what to do, or how to start :(

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 01:50:28 PM »
I would love to try...but I've never done anything like that before.
I have no idea what to do, or how to start :(

And that, Tovarish, is why most of the mods have to deal with items, girls, and meet scripts.  The notable exceptions being EX and Crazy's mod.

Offline Morkar

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 09:47:49 PM »
Whoremaster II 

GREAT

any more info for the game ¿

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 09:52:32 PM »
Whoremaster II 

GREAT

any more info for the game ¿

Nope!  Ask DocClox for any information, because nobody else knows anything.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 06:42:04 AM »
Nope!  Ask DocClox for any information, because nobody else knows anything.

First I heard of it. You'll have to talk to necno :)

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 08:11:47 AM »
First I heard of it. You'll have to talk to necno :)

Sorry, culpa mea.  Necno is the man, apparently!