Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025645 times)

Offline Yukinohki

Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now
« Reply #1275 on: March 22, 2015, 06:32:04 AM »
hmm then its strange,
i had 2 girls (one with incorporeal and one construct) going into the catacombs twice per turn for about 15 turns yesterday
the incorporeal girl had this trait through an item, the construct lost less fights than the other one, now that i think about it
i stopped using girls for catacombs after so many lost fights
but i think i'll try again and check whats in the gamelog about it
maybe its something with the using of items, not with the catacombs

Edit:
According to the gamelog it's just one of the catacomb foes is incorporeal and with both incorporeal it's a draw
and this counts as raped by monsters.
Also the construct girl only loses against incorporeal foes, and beats everything else.

I didn't know foes in the catacombs could be incorporeal, it explains it.
I could live with a slightly reduced chance of meeting incorporeal foes in the catacombs
but as long as i understand whats happening, i'm happy.
(Maybe i should look in the gamelog more often.)

I will set it back to draw is neither win or loss for the next version.

I think there should be some changes to the incorporeal trait somewhere in the future, but as it is now, its always a problem
either a girl with it has never problems (because she can't be hurt by anything)
or if the incorporeal character is a foe, you always lose.
Maybe it should be only hit by magic attacks, that would give you a chance to beat an incorporeal foe in the catacombs
if your girl is strong in magic
and at least a small risk for your girls if they meet a strong magic foe

But i think something like that needs a bit more programming.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 08:04:56 AM by Yukinohki »

Offline Anonemuss

« Reply #1276 on: March 22, 2015, 09:04:56 AM »
The incorporeal trait should definitely be part of a rock-paper-scissors type trump cycle, if you're adding back in the possibility of a draw. You know, something like Incorporeal>Construct>Strong Magic>Incorporeal... Or something similar, at least. As it is, the result from using an incorporeal girl are either OP or frustrating; either they will definitely win, or they'll definitely lose. It really takes away from the variability of the game.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #1277 on: March 23, 2015, 06:18:47 AM »
I didn't know foes in the catacombs could be incorporeal, it explains it.
I could live with a slightly reduced chance of meeting incorporeal foes in the catacombs
The more .rgirlsx you have that have Incorporeal, the more chance of encountering one in the catacombs.

I think there should be some changes to the incorporeal trait somewhere in the future, but as it is now, its always a problem
either a girl with it has never problems (because she can't be hurt by anything)
or if the incorporeal character is a foe, you always lose.
Maybe it should be only hit by magic attacks, that would give you a chance to beat an incorporeal foe in the catacombs
if your girl is strong in magic
and at least a small risk for your girls if they meet a strong magic foe

But i think something like that needs a bit more programming.
I have been planning on reducing the power of the Incorporeal trait for a while.
Physical attacks would still do nothing but magic can do damage.
I would want to make magical weapons do physical damage so gangs and normal girls could have a better chance.
If 2 Incorporeal girls fight each other, it is treated as normal combat.

And yes, there would be a lot of programming needed to make this happen.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #1278 on: March 25, 2015, 07:15:31 AM »
Can we suggest modifiers for traits? It's weird that masochists enjoy working as a torturer but sadists don't.

Offline crazy

« Reply #1279 on: March 25, 2015, 05:16:31 PM »
Can we suggest modifiers for traits? It's weird that masochists enjoy working as a torturer but sadists don't.
Go for it

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #1280 on: March 26, 2015, 12:40:38 PM »
Go for it

OK. This is what I have for now.

Sadistic +25 Enjoy Work Torturer
Elegant +10 Refinement
Elf +10 Agility, +10 Intelligence, -5 Constitution
Cat Girl +7 Agility
Flexible + 5 Agility
Masochist -30 Dignity
Broken Will -100 Dignity
Mind Fucked -50 Dignity
Slut -5 Morality, -10 Dignity
Busty Boobs +2 Confidence
Big Boobs +5 Confidence
Giant Juggs +5 Confidence
Massive Melons +2 Confidence
Nimble Tongue +5 Oral Sex
Bimbo +8 Beauty, -10 Charisma, +5 Enjoy Sex
Shy -20 Confidence, - 10 Enjoy Work Hall, - 10 Enjoy Work Club, - 10 Enjoy Work Bar, - 15 Enjoy Work Customer Service, - 20 Enjoy Work Advertising, - 20 Enjoy Work Recruit.
Dry Milk -100 Lactation, -10 Enjoy Work Milk (Scarce Lactation gives -50 Lactation and -10 Enjoy Work Milk and this should be worse)
Nymphomaniac -10 Spirit

Dojikko -15 Agi, +8 Charisma, -10 Confidence
Clumsy -15 Agi
These two still need more work.

Demon -40 Morality
Succubus -40 Morality, +20 Libido
I'm not sure about Succubus, Demons and Dignity or Refinement. I haven't considered how to properly represent their combat capabilities too.

While looking at the traits in cGirls.cpp I found two different One Eye traits. Why two of them are needed? I know people have two eyes but...
Quote from: Hanzo
else if (Name == "One Eye")
{
        UpdateStatTr(girl, STAT_BEAUTY, -20);
        UpdateStatTr(girl, STAT_CHARISMA, -5);
        UpdateStatTr(girl, STAT_CONSTITUTION, 5);
        UpdateStatTr(girl, STAT_SPIRIT, -10);
}
else if (Name == "One Eye")
{
        UpdateStatTr(girl, STAT_CHARISMA, -5);
        UpdateStatTr(girl, STAT_BEAUTY, -5);
}

Offline MMeer

• Monocle Kyubey
« Reply #1281 on: March 27, 2015, 07:37:20 AM »
How about:

Dick-Sucking Lips: +5 Oral Sex Skill

And also, are 'Great Figure' and 'Hourglass Figure' supposed to be able to be present in the same girl, or is that a mistake?

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #1282 on: March 28, 2015, 03:51:02 PM »
I have what is hopefully a simple display request, this would be on the girls data page.

A hire date (Store as turn number, displayed as D/W/M/Y on the girl screen, and if added as an info screen stat just as the turn number for info screens).

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #1283 on: March 28, 2015, 05:50:19 PM »
Some fame suggestions:

Queen +30 Fame
Princess +20 Fame
Noble +10 Fame

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #1284 on: March 30, 2015, 08:01:41 AM »
How about:
Dick-Sucking Lips: +5 Oral Sex Skill
That was the intended use I think.

Weird proposition IMO of one poster above me about boob sizes increasing confidence. But eh, whatever. If it makes sense according to you, I'm not one to judge.
Some for Queen,Princess,Noble. I believe they should affect Refinement and Dignity most. Fame is how well a girl is known in Crossgate. She could be a Queen/Princess/Noble elsewhere before.

Maybe instead of just changing the hard-coded trait values (again), implement full trait customization already? Don't want to sound needy but it's been an awful long time since it was meant to be an implemented feature.
People have different ideas about traits constantly. Some of them should affect this. Others shouldn't.  Some of them they don't even want in game.
Customization would give everybody the flexibility needed for them to do whatever they desire about traits. And since they're effectively the only way for a gameplay and aesthetic mechanic defining a girl (aside from stats) I'd say they're pretty important.

Offline MMeer

• Monocle Kyubey
« Reply #1285 on: March 30, 2015, 08:30:50 AM »
I agree with Ononymous. Fully customizable traits would be good. And as for the DSL increasing oral skill, I tested it out and it doesn't actually increase anything but looks.

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #1286 on: March 30, 2015, 09:27:12 AM »

Weird proposition IMO of one poster above me about boob sizes increasing confidence. But eh, whatever. If it makes sense according to you, I'm not one to judge.
Some for Queen,Princess,Noble. I believe they should affect Refinement and Dignity most. Fame is how well a girl is known in Crossgate. She could be a Queen/Princess/Noble elsewhere before.

Maybe instead of just changing the hard-coded trait values (again), implement full trait customization already? Don't want to sound needy but it's been an awful long time since it was meant to be an implemented feature.
People have different ideas about traits constantly. Some of them should affect this. Others shouldn't.  Some of them they don't even want in game.
Customization would give everybody the flexibility needed for them to do whatever they desire about traits. And since they're effectively the only way for a gameplay and aesthetic mechanic defining a girl (aside from stats) I'd say they're pretty important.

Queen, princess and noble already increase Refinement and Dignity, I listed only additional modifiers. In Europe queen and princesses from foreign european countries are fairly known, so I thought that even if the girls are from somewhere else they'll still be somewhat famous (but maybe 10/20/30 Fame is too much).

I think progress towards customizable traits is being made. Trait stats were listed twice in the code, one for applying and another for removing them, and they were recently merged into one.

Offline Xeon

« Reply #1287 on: March 30, 2015, 11:15:55 PM »
There should be the shortcuts for assigning jobs like short keys or something. It is very boring assign jobs when you want to assign same job to more 5 girls.

thankx

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #1288 on: March 31, 2015, 01:39:47 AM »
There should be the shortcuts for assigning jobs like short keys or something. It is very boring assign jobs when you want to assign same job to more 5 girls.

thankx
On the Girl Management screen, as with many listboxes in the game, you can select multiple girls in the list using the Shift and Ctrl keys.

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #1289 on: April 04, 2015, 05:00:52 PM »
One quick fix is possible regarding Incorporeal, methinks.

If a girl has both magic and physical attacks, she should 'notice' after her first physical attack fails to do damage, and switch exclusively to magical attacks.  I have no idea how the game figures out whether to use a physical versus magic attack, so I may be underestimating the programming challenge, but at least conceptually this seems pretty easy.