Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025320 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now
« Reply #1245 on: February 18, 2015, 09:01:35 PM »
Is the prison in use at all? Or how much crap do you need to be in for it to become relevant?
It is used but extremely rarely.
Basically a girl must have drugs on her when the authorities do a raid on your property.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Cursed_May

« Reply #1246 on: February 18, 2015, 09:04:46 PM »
It is used but extremely rarely.
Basically a girl must have drugs on her when the authorities do a raid on your property.

I see and how do you deal with them when they are in prison? Just bail them out?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1247 on: February 19, 2015, 09:20:36 AM »
I see and how do you deal with them when they are in prison? Just bail them out?
yes

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #1248 on: February 19, 2015, 11:26:36 PM »
I had originally and inadvertently posted this in the version thread.  I think it is better here so I have moved it as much as possible.

I do have some general questions and a few requests.

Accommodations:
1:  Can you explain what the girls accommodation affect.  I have not seen it, but there is a lot of stuff to sift through. 
2:  Is it possible to add accommodation levels, I was thinking poor and basic, poor would be one up from very poor, basic would be one up from adequate.
3:  Is it possible to add a default accommodation level in the config in the same way you did the default percentage.

Girl Info and Management:
1:  On the info tab would it be possible to add a column for species so you can easily see/sort your girls by type.
2:  On the info tab would it be possible to add a column for level so you can easily see/sort your girls by level.
3:  On the girl screen would it be possible to add a small Free Slave button.  I know it is at the info tab but then you have to open the girl to reset her percentage take, it would be nice for one stop shopping.
4:  For each girl, would it be possible to limit the number of customers seen in a week?  Girls seem to tire to fast even with max stats.  I think this could be mitigated if you could limit a girl.  I understand this may be difficult.

As always your work is greatly appreciated.  Thanks for at least reading the suggestions.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1249 on: February 19, 2015, 11:55:54 PM »
I had originally and inadvertently posted this in the version thread.  I think it is better here so I have moved it as much as possible.
And I answered it there while you were moving it.  :'(

1:  Can you explain what the girls accommodation affect.  I have not seen it, but there is a lot of stuff to sift through. 
Each turn Accommodation (A) has the following effects:
Slaves:
 - Costs (5 * (A+1)) gold to feed and house.
 - Gains (4 + (A/2)) happiness
 - If happiness is 100: +1 love, -1 hate

Free Girls:
 - Costs (20 * (A+1)) gold to feed and house.
 - For Girls Level 11 and above, Accommodation has no effect. (if more A brackets are added, this will go up)
 - If (A > level / 2):   (up to level 10 with A=5)
 -  - Gains (2 + (A/2)) happiness
 -  - If happiness is 100: +1 love, -1 hate
 - If (A < level / 2):
 -  - Lose ((level - A) / 2) happiness
 -  - Add 1+((level - A) / 3) hate

2:  Is it possible to add accommodation levels, I was thinking poor and basic, poor would be one up from very poor, basic would be one up from adequate.
As many as needed can be added.
Although it is only used as stated above, in the future more can be added to use it.

3:  Is it possible to add a default accommodation level in the config in the same way you did the default percentage.
Sure.

1:  On the info tab would it be possible to add a column for species so you can easily see/sort your girls by type.
This will be a little harder to do because species is not in a uniform method at this time.

2:  On the info tab would it be possible to add a column for level so you can easily see/sort your girls by level.
You can do that yourself.
See this post for instructions - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3446.msg32662#msg32662

3:  On the girl screen would it be possible to add a small Free Slave button.  I know it is at the info tab but then you have to open the girl to reset her percentage take, it would be nice for one stop shopping. 
I have already added "Free Slave" to all the buildings and "Send to Dungeon" works for girls in any building.
I am working on adding "Sell Slave" and "Fire Girl" to all buildings.
When they are working, I can add them all to the girl details page as well.
I will also look into adding a "Send To..." button to the girl detail page but that will probably take more time.

4:  For each girl, would it be possible to limit the number of customers seen in a week?  Girls seem to tire to fast even with max stats.  I think this could be mitigated if you could limit a girl.  I understand this may be difficult.
When I rework the way the brothel runs from Girl based to Customer based, they will see fewer customers with them being spread more evenly between the girls.

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #1250 on: February 20, 2015, 06:03:29 PM »
Excellent.  Thanks as always.  I had intended to put that last response here, and in fact thought I had.  Thanks for the tips on adding columns that will be very helpful going forward., Level is not included in the link you gave and provides a not found error when attempted, also the carrying_human provides the same.  Good to hear about the new features coming up.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 06:22:00 PM by edgy98125 »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1251 on: February 20, 2015, 09:58:05 PM »
Excellent.  Thanks as always.  I had intended to put that last response here, and in fact thought I had.  Thanks for the tips on adding columns that will be very helpful going forward., Level is not included in the link you gave and provides a not found error when attempted, also the carrying_human provides the same.  Good to hear about the new features coming up.
I updated the post the link brings you to adding in the stats, skills and statuses
http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3446.msg32662#msg32662
I have not tested every one of them but I did test "carrying_human" and it did work.

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #1252 on: February 21, 2015, 12:26:34 PM »
Excellent, I will edit the backup copy I have and see if that works. It did, part of my problem was not realizing the code was case sensitive.  I am used to having code in camel case. :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 12:47:11 PM by edgy98125 »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1253 on: February 21, 2015, 10:46:10 PM »
Accommodations:
I have upped the number of accommodation steps from 6 (0-5) to 10 (0-9).
A0="Bare Bones", A1="Very Poor", "Poor", "Adequate", "Comfortable", "Nice", "Good", "Great", "Wonderful" and A9="High Class".

Most of the effects stated before still stand but with increased maximums to account for the additional steps.

Slaves cost (5 * (A+1)) gold to feed and house for a maximum of 50 at "High Class"
Slaves gain (4 + (A/2)) happiness so "High Class" slaves gain (4+(9/2)) = 8 happiness per turn.

Free Girls cost (20 * (A+1)) gold to feed and house for a maximum of 200 at "High Class"
For Girls Level 19 and above (up from 11+), Accommodation has no effect.
 - If (A > level / 2):   (up to level 18 with A=9)
 -  - Gains (2 + (A/2)) happiness
 -  - If happiness is 100: +1 love, -1 hate
 - If (A < level / 2):
 -  - Lose ((level - A) / 2) happiness
 -  - Add 1+((level - A) / 3) hate

I added "GirlsAccom" and "SlaveAccom" to config.xml with defaults of 5 and 1.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 10:49:10 PM by aevojoey »

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #1254 on: February 22, 2015, 10:21:11 PM »
Nice update, it is providing a longer upgrade path for the girls in my game, so this is a very welcome change.

Offline DarkArk

« Reply #1255 on: February 23, 2015, 01:30:04 PM »
Hello, I've been following for some time now, and I greatly enjoy your work.

Anyway I remember several years ago one version that listed the number of boys and girls birthed by your girls. Would it be possible to add this to yours?

It would also be cool to have some indicator of parent-child relationships, but I understand how requests go.

Also I am curious, how much work do you put into new traits? Like the new zombie and undead traits, what exactly do they do?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1256 on: February 23, 2015, 03:25:07 PM »
Anyway I remember several years ago one version that listed the number of boys and girls birthed by your girls. Would it be possible to add this to yours?
Currently the game only tracks whether they have children or not, not the actual count.
This would however be easily added.

It would also be cool to have some indicator of parent-child relationships, but I understand how requests go.
There are text notes in the daughter's description as to who her parents are.
I don't remember if I added notes for the mother or not but I will update this in the future.
Adding more to this should be easy.

Also I am curious, how much work do you put into new traits? Like the new zombie and undead traits, what exactly do they do?
Honestly, not too much.
I added some basics such as stat/skill modifiers, a few job modifiers and some checks when sex is attempted.
I did not get too many texts in for zombies but a few sex types have simple texts.
Skeletons can not be used for whore jobs but other jobs that have sex variations still do not check for it.
For the most part, the new undead type traits are not fully implemented.

Offline DarkArk

« Reply #1257 on: February 24, 2015, 02:46:50 PM »
This would however be easily added.

You would make my day/week/month.

I figured about the traits. Would it be possible for you to maintain a list of what everything does? I know there's one in the config editor, but that would be useful to have.

Offline bashkan

« Reply #1258 on: February 26, 2015, 04:54:13 PM »
where can i modify the amount of goodwill or badwill gained from a certain action?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1259 on: February 26, 2015, 07:50:23 PM »
where can i modify the amount of goodwill or badwill gained from a certain action?
When editing what? The game code, scripts or items?

In the game code there several ways of doing it:
To adjust it by value
Code: [Select]
m_Player->evil(value);
g_Brothels.GetPlayer()->disposition(value);
g_Brothels.GetPlayer()->suspicion(value);
g_Brothels.GetPlayer()->customerfear(value)
To set it to value
Code: [Select]
g_Brothels.GetPlayer()->m_Disposition = value;
g_Brothels.GetPlayer()->m_Suspicion = value;
g_Brothels.GetPlayer()->m_CustomerFear = value;

In scripts you use variable 15 which is SetPlayerSuspicion.

For items, badness is used to tell how bad an item is for a girl, the higher the worse it is.