Author Topic: very noob question  (Read 5554 times)

Offline bigbadwolfe

very noob question
« on: January 20, 2010, 12:33:59 PM »
ummm how do you make money here? The only thing that makes mony is the brothl but my personal gold doesn't increase?

Offline Kenki

Re: very noob question
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 12:47:48 PM »
Probably because your girls are hoarding all the gold they make.

You need to adjust the house percentage so you keep more, or you could just take the money from the girls by force.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 01:49:45 PM »
In the current version, the game messes up the default house percentage for free girls, so they start at 0% (keeping all money themselves) instead of 60% (keeping 40% for themselves) as was the previous default.  You have to manually change the house percentage on each free girl in order to earn any money at all from them.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline bigbadwolfe

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 07:18:02 PM »
ohh ok thanks :D

Offline ohnonono

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 01:53:40 AM »
That would be a nice thing to have configurable; it's a pain to remember to set it for each girl.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 03:17:31 AM »
The config file should eventually have a default house percentage for slaves and free girls.  It was suggested before that girls negotiate for their take, but I suspect that would involve far too much micromanagement.  I have a nagging suspicion that it was me who proposed the idea in the first place, if so, a) I must scold myself for not thinking it through and b) I must retract the proposal.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline bigbadwolfe

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 05:26:04 AM »
I tried adjusting the % but i still get no gold.. It just keeps going down and down.... It says i make a big profit but my gold went to negative  :'( It always says that i get an overall profit of 1ooo+ but i never get it.. Is it supposed to automatically go into my gold or the bank or do i have to do something to get it?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 05:30:38 AM by bigbadwolfe »

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 05:47:16 AM »
What version do you have?

Offline bigbadwolfe

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 05:55:28 AM »
I got the 1.29.4version.. is the profit of the brothel different from my gold or is it connected somehow?

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 08:47:04 AM »
you need to update that one to the 1.29.4.6 version also you may need to manually change the rape rate from 100% to 2 for the house and 3 for the street rate else you will end up having all our girls serial raped with no income at all.
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline bigbadwolfe

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 08:54:52 AM »
ok ill try that, Another thing i noticed was that the tax is the only that is recorded.. It's like zero profit but i'm still being taxed.

Offline bigbadwolfe

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 09:10:22 AM »
Yeh that did it thanks ;D When i changed to .6 i dodn't have to change anything in the config anymore... Thanks ;D :)