devolution

Author Topic: Introduction and Praise.  (Read 2817 times)

Offline altereggo

Introduction and Praise.
« on: January 21, 2010, 07:53:57 PM »
Have been lurkering for some time while enjoying the game, and wanted to make my introduction speech a rousing panegyric to thank all the game's creators for their efforts.
Halfway through my novel-length post, I realized that I was being pointless and boring: you already know how great your game is. More importantly, you know what its strengths and weaknesses are, and have a general idea of what you want to change in the future.

So, I thought I'd limit my most effusive praise to one part of the game: the config-based customization.
How many almost perfect games have we all played, that had only a few things that annoyed us? How many otherwise great games have been ruined by a single programming decision that, say, raised random encounter odds to 90%/second?
Rather than letting players control only surface elements--like items& characters--this game lets us reach into the guts of the system and tweak it to our ideal.
If your further development makes this game even more customizable, therelease version would tie for first place in my games of the century list, alongside the original Commander Keen.

Offline letmein

Re: Introduction and Praise.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 05:40:46 PM »
You should've posted the novel anyway...  we all like reading compliments!  Besides, people with criticisms rarely bother to check and see if their points were made elsewhere - why should good things only be said once, then?  ;)
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 06:54:37 PM »
So much of this forum is dedicated to either a) what is wrong and needs fixing or b) new features and new ways of doing existing things - it might be nice to hear what is just right, for once.  Besides, buttering up the devs with praise never hurts  >;o)
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 03:47:18 AM »
it was built from the ground up to allow people to tweak certain game elements. Now however thanks to the new Dev team members the program is becoming more and more modifiable.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)