Author Topic: Girl Normalization  (Read 8252 times)

Offline Goodwytch

Girl Normalization
« on: September 18, 2010, 07:39:10 AM »
Hey all, longtime reader here with a couple of questions.

I recently started working on a pretty big stable of girls, using the editor, and balancing their stats to make them a bit less OP, in some cases, and a bit more desired as "employees" in other cases.  The reason I started working on this is pretty much that I'm bored, but I wanted to level the playing field a bit between girls like Samus Aran and Asahina Mikuru while still leaving them unique in their own areas of expertise.

My questions revolve around traits.  Some like Incorporial are pretty obvious in how they impact a girls value, others like Great Arse are much less so.  Can anyone point me towards a link that has a good breakdown on what the traits actually "do" to a girls stats?  There are tooltips and I could just look for observable differences in game, but it'll go quicker if I can just get some third party data on it.

Thanks in advance!

Offline fixet

Re: Girl Normalization
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 08:15:17 AM »
not sure if this is what you meant

http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=425.0

Offline Goodwytch

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 08:18:44 AM »
That looks like it yep!

Thanks!

Offline Goodwytch

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 04:34:07 AM »

So, I finished with my first attempt at making the unique girls more balanced.  I also added a bunch of new items and several new random and unique girls.  Alas, the character file comes out at nearly 2 gigs uncompressed.  Zipping it got that down to a whopping 1.88 gigs in size. Is there anywhere good to upload a file of that magnitude for people to check it out?  Rapidshare free is only 500 MB and I'm either too broke or too cheap to upgrade it, take your pick  :D

Cheers!

Offline fixet

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 07:36:23 AM »
jesus christ, man

you could split the volumes to about 200mb and upload them one by one
I'm not aware of any free host that allows 2gb uploads

Offline slpowerhouse

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 09:17:22 AM »
Well, the people on this forum would only need the girls since they probably already have the main game.  At this I would suggest getting a free media fire account and seeing about putting the girls out in sets.  This could be a grils A-D set , E-H set and so on.  this should save space but you would need to do the work to make separate .girls files for each set or release the complete .girls file as a separate download. either way though you are going to need to split the zip file into multiple files.

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 10:06:22 PM »
...torrent?
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

Offline Goodwytch

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 02:48:16 AM »
jesus christ, man

you could split the volumes to about 200mb and upload them one by one
I'm not aware of any free host that allows 2gb uploads

Yeah, going to have to split them up.  BTW, just to be clear...the 2GB file is just the "Characters" file with the girlsx and picture files in it.  It's not the whole game zipped.  :)

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 03:23:33 PM »
...torrent?

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 04:58:49 PM »
um... why don't you just hand out the girl file(s)? if people want the pictures they could download it from the original maker(s). that would make it more conviniant for people who already have them, and with the master list for girls you don't even need to tell people which 'maker made the girls.

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 06:14:29 PM »
...Seriously, a torrent would solve that. What's the issue with one?

Offline d31r3x

• Town Wards Martyr.
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 07:13:56 AM »
Torrents need seeders constantly uploading to people (at this point, goodwytch is the only seeder)... uploading to mediafire means goodwytch up files once, then several people can dl at full speed without consuming poor goodwytch's bandwidth.

Don't remember if mediafire has time / Mb limit... Looks like we must be patient  ;)

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 07:54:53 PM »
the limit for free acounts on mediafire is 200mb while it's 2gb for pro (per file), and that's a pretty decent amount for either.
I don't know much about torrents since I haven't had to use them too often. which means my trust level is pretty low. also as some one said the file needs to be seeded. here's a link on media fire policy on the 'issue' (is that the right word)http://support.mediafire.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=65&nav=0,2

personally I don't really care (and if either this post or my other implied it, it was unintentional) I do prefer that the girl images be left out just to reduce the time it takes to download them, and amount of space it would take up before you can unzip them (and then the increased time to unzip them).

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 08:17:27 PM »
You know, it would probably be easier to write a small program that took a girlsx file and scaled the points back (or up) to a given value. Then you'd just need to run it on all your girlsx and rgirlsx files and you'd have some sort of consistency.

Traits would be slightly harder to manage. Possibly set a maximum number and have the script randomly delete excess traits.

Offline crouler

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 03:53:04 PM »
I can upload it if you send it through msn or smth to me, since I'm using hotfile premium. alows me 2000 megs uploads.