Author Topic: New Event Submission/Discussion Thread (Unlocked, sorry bout that!)  (Read 43498 times)

Offline Krayben

Re: Short-Fiction writer looking to help out.
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2009, 12:38:53 AM »
I meant the event to be an interesting little jolt in the tedium that some people mention. Just a random occurrence to shake things up and offer a new business opportunity in the community. Possibly even turn into a way of advertising your brothel. The people that buy the 'special' milk might see a picture of the big-tittied woman with a pair of fake horns on the front of the bottle/carton and think "I have to meet her!" Then they look on the bottle/carton and *GASP!* there's information on where to go to meet the Kleinfucker (Klienpeter spoof) spokeswoman! Then they head on down and patron your fine establishment, meaning more gold in your pocket. And you don't need to send every girl to him. Maybe just one or two. You never know, it's completely up to the player.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2009, 05:02:06 AM »
I personally think getting the Big Boob Trait so easily would make the trait not seem so important(and rendering the item that grants the big boob "perk' useless) and has little to no downside(a girl w/o the small boobs perk gets more customers without losing anything in terms of diversity of girls) if it happens at 100% even if it causes a ungodly amount of tiredness the first/second time around.

And yea the site it acting weirdly for me too
As the board's membership grows, we're maxing out Dagoth's hosting arrangement, is the problem. He's due to get an upgrade which should solve the problem, but we don't have a definite date for that. So we probably need to be a bit patient.

As for the event - yeah it would have to be pretty infrequent, maybe a one-off. It's great fun, but I think if it popped up every couple of turns it would lose some of its appeal after a while.

Of course, what this really needs is a new activity for the girls so you could send three or four of them down to the farm, maybe with a %chance each turn of boob size increase. But that's going to need some coding support, so probably not for a while yet.   

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2009, 06:02:14 AM »
As the board's membership grows, we're maxing out Dagoth's hosting arrangement, is the problem. He's due to get an upgrade which should solve the problem, but we don't have a definite date for that. So we probably need to be a bit patient.
Well, it's actually not you guys' fault, this forum isn't using much bandwidth at all. It's a couple of other sites I host which are occasionally using enough bandwidth to saturate the 100mb/s network connection of the server my VPS is on, thus affecting the other sites I have set up on it (including this one). Sorry.
Someone with my host has said they plan to start upgrading their VPS servers to gigabit connections some time soon starting with the server mine is on, so that should take care of it; I have no knowledge of when that will happen, though, just that it should be "soon".

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2009, 10:45:46 AM »

As for the event - yeah it would have to be pretty infrequent, maybe a one-off. It's great fun, but I think if it popped up every couple of turns it would lose some of its appeal after a while.

Of course, what this really needs is a new activity for the girls so you could send three or four of them down to the farm, maybe with a %chance each turn of boob size increase. But that's going to need some coding support, so probably not for a while yet.

Well he said that this event would open up a job were you can send you girls to get milked(as long as you dont kill/threaten the guy) what this is like you said is that the "secret medicine"(Supah Estrogen?) has a semi high chance of failing on all the girls (except the one from the event of course) or have the girl need multiple amounts of treatment for the effect to show.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 11:10:41 AM by Fstop »
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline Krayben

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2009, 12:41:49 PM »
Well he said that this event would open up a job were you can send you girls to get milked(as long as you dont kill/threaten the guy) what this is like you said is that the "secret medicine"(Supah Estrogen?) has a semi high chance of failing on all the girls (except the one from the event of course) or have the girl need multiple amounts of treatment for the effect to show.
Yeah, the multiple treatments could definitely work. I didn't really go into much detail because I didn't want to spell out everything that could happen. I was trying to supply the framework of the event so that Necno could set the odds of the event having, whether or not the drug works, things of that nature at his discretion, making it easier to balance gameplay.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2009, 01:38:44 PM »
Yeah, the multiple treatments could definitely work. I didn't really go into much detail because I didn't want to spell out everything that could happen. I was trying to supply the framework of the event so that Necno could set the odds of the event having, whether or not the drug works, things of that nature at his discretion, making it easier to balance gameplay.

Basically your just providing the text for the event and letting Necno decided the actual mechanics side of it thats actually really cool cause everyone in the community can actualy influence the events by posting ideas about it here.

On a side note your events a top notch keep it up =D

Offline Krayben

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2009, 02:11:33 AM »
Basically your just providing the text for the event and letting Necno decided the actual mechanics side of it thats actually really cool cause everyone in the community can actualy influence the events by posting ideas about it here.

On a side note your events a top notch keep it up =D
Yep, that's it. :) And thanks, I really appreciate the compliment. I can't code to save my own life, much less balance a game's difficulty so it's got just the right amount of challenge to it to make it enjoyable.

Seriously. If you tied me down and told me to code a simple program with java/C++ or you'd kill me, you may as well blow my brains out right there and save both of us a lot of time and trouble.

Now what I CAN do is churn out little one-shot scenarios, provided I have a strong enough interest in what I'm writing for. And I am VERY interested in this game. I just hope I can make enough satisfactory material that the game will grow to its full potential and I can know that I was a part of it. :3
Asfor the event - yeah it would have to be pretty infrequent, maybe aone-off. It's great fun, but I think if it popped up every couple ofturns it would lose some of its appeal after a while.

Of course,what this really needs is a new activity for the girls so you couldsend three or four of them down to the farm, maybe with a %chance eachturn of boob size increase. But that's going to need some codingsupport, so probably not for a while yet.
You hit the nail on the head, Doc. Pretty much summed up my intention from the start. It was meant to open up a new activity for the girls and the event itself was meant to be a one-time thing only. You make your decision and your choice impacts the rest of the game. Do you expand your assets or do you decide against taking a risk? It's up to the player.
This announcement brought to you by WhoreBorden Milk. *Points over to a girl sporting EE breasts in a tiny cow-print bikini wearing fake horns, cow ears, and a cow bell. She holds up a milk carton and gives a thumbs up.*
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 02:28:46 AM by Krayben »

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2009, 07:14:28 AM »

Similar Image is Similar =D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 07:16:11 AM by Fstop »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2009, 07:27:25 AM »
Seriously. If you tied me down and told me to code a simple program with java/C++ or you'd kill me, you may as well blow my brains out right there and save both of us a lot of time and trouble.

That's OK - no one's expecting you to code this up. :) What you're doing is fun, and is going to be useful.

:3You hit the nail on the head, Doc. Pretty much summed up my intention from the start. It was meant to open up a new activity for the girls and the event itself was meant to be a one-time thing only. You make your decision and your choice impacts the rest of the game. Do you expand your assets or do you decide against taking a risk? It's up to the player.

That's cool. The only thing there is that we'll need to code in some support for the extra activities. As a one-shot event it could have been handled almost entirely as a script.

Hmm... note to self: add user defined events to planned modder extensions.

Offline Krayben

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2009, 10:49:36 AM »

Similar Image is Similar =D
There ya go, that's the image! The WhoreBorden girl! XD

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2009, 08:05:41 PM »
Hehe, this would go really well with an old idea I had of storing breast sizes. That way they could grow and shrink. Also at that time I had an idea of a tightness stat (both for the ass and the vag) which would become looser over time (decreasing pleasure). The breast stat isn't really needed but i still think the tightness would be an interesting addition.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline letmein

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2009, 08:29:59 PM »
You know, back in the day ('twas a Monday, I believe) when I thought my semester of shitty Java learning would be *useful*, I had plans for a game that would be storing a bunch of stats and stuff.

The idea was that there was a plane crash in the Pacific.  The PC, and a group of other people, would be stranded on an island with no hope of rescue.  The player would control the PC's actions for each day, and work to survive - basically, there'd be a list of things like "fish", "hunt", "scavenge", and the like and  you'd do one thing each day, which would get you resources to live a bit longer.  You could also communicate with other stranded passengers, which all would have been randomly generated, and all of which would have their independently kept relationship with you.

Of course, I wouldn't be bringing this up if I had not intended to go X-rated with this thing.  The player's relationship with other chars would have included things like sex, and killing, and should the player have wanted to do so they could have attempted not to escape but instead to create an empire, or a harem.  There might have been other, odder things included as well;  I planned to have a couple rather unique plants on the island which would do interesting things to the female body.

I actually got started on this; I had the initial island generation completed.  You could choose the player's background (things like Sweet Sixteen, Business Trip, or Honeymoon), as well as the plane type (smaller plane has fewer people, which would have drastically changed the game) and the basics (name, sex, etc.).  Some very rough code for PC's and NPC's was done as well, which is where this relates at any point to what necno just said.  I too had stats for physical traits; height, weight, breast size, and a never-really-tested wounding system.  It would have been fun to keep working on, but a lack of time and the dawning realization that I knew literally nothing about GUI in Java put the whole thing on the shelf.  Sad.  :(
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2009, 08:39:43 PM »
Hehe, this would go really well with an old idea I had of storing breast sizes. That way they could grow and shrink. Also at that time I had an idea of a tightness stat (both for the ass and the vag) which would become looser over time (decreasing pleasure). The breast stat isn't really needed but i still think the tightness would be an interesting addition.

I'm given to understand there are exercises to take care of vaginal loosening (I can't for the life of me remember what they're called, but it isn't important), and any girl who has sex for a living where her compensation is related to how well she pleases her clients would do them.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2009, 09:04:49 PM »
I'm given to understand there are exercises to take care of vaginal loosening (I can't for the life of me remember what they're called, but it isn't important), and any girl who has sex for a living where her compensation is related to how well she pleases her clients would do them.

i believe you are referring to the pelvic exercises any post-natal woman are encouraged to do since if they don't exercise there's a risk the uterus may fall down, it has the added sidebonus of tightening the vaginal muscles for other activities as well.
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline Krayben

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2009, 09:17:19 PM »
I take it you like the event, then? I'm only asking because I had some follow-up events for this one thought out and wanted to make sure the initial one would be used somewhere in the mid to very very distant future. Didn't want to waste my time and clutter up the thread/forum with stuff that won't even work. I hope the event gave you an opening to use those breast stats at some point and I'll try to think of some other stuff to allow them to maintain their tightness (as well as allow you to implement them.)