devolution

Author Topic: New Event Submission/Discussion Thread (Unlocked, sorry bout that!)  (Read 43759 times)

Offline letmein

Re: Short-Fiction writer looking to help out.
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2009, 02:04:25 AM »
Heh...    you *are* a nasty bastard, Doc.  Damn.  Perhaps I have to change my playstyle; I don't usually even send anyone to the dungeons...
Still lurking.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2009, 04:44:22 AM »
I am not a nasty bastard! I just play one on the Internet :)

Offline Krayben

« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2009, 02:50:20 PM »
I am not a nasty bastard! I just play one on the Internet :)
I am one all the time. And what about me? I drove rods through their calves, hung em upside-down, carved off their kneecaps, and lit them on fire!

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2009, 04:52:37 PM »
I am one all the time. And what about me? I drove rods through their calves, hung em upside-down, carved off their kneecaps, and lit them on fire!

I dont see anything wrong with the above statement your a pretty nice guy IMO =o
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline Krayben

« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2009, 05:10:05 PM »
I dont see anything wrong with the above statement your a pretty nice guy IMO =o
I guess you have me there. Then again, I shot flaming potatoes at people's houses on Halloween night. Then again, I disliked those people with great intensity. But I digress, thanks for the compliment. My evil, borderline homicidal tendencies are reserved for people that piss me off. You guys are cool, so that explains it. :D

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2009, 07:40:21 PM »
@letmein, way back in this thread you mentioned a game you were thinking of making (the survival one). Well I actually designed a similar game for my major project at uni. It was called Hunted and was a FPS where you had to survive on the island until a time limit is up or until you discover one of the ways off the island. The island contained many side quests and places to explore.
Sadly the game was never finished, but our team still passed with credits at least :D
Most of my game designs focus on wilderness survival as an important feature.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline letmein

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2009, 01:44:22 AM »
Huh.  Out of curiosity, necno, do you have any other games wandering about the Interwebs, or was this your first public attempt?
Still lurking.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2009, 07:05:13 PM »
No, this is my first public attempt. I'm often praised for my game designs as being great ideas so its kinda funny that my first game release isn't something i spent any time designing. I just coded it together on the fly, which has obviously caused many many bugs.
Just yesterday i finalized another design, so now i have 2 lined up for release under pink petal games. My others are too ambitious without a full time dedicated team.
next game release will be a tactical strategy game (think the UFO or X-COM series but a lot more in-between action). It will be used to build up some tech I will need for the 3rd release. Which will be a freeform dating sim with RPG elements (meaning stories are generated on the fly by NPC and player actions).
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline ltkarrde

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2009, 07:35:11 PM »
No, this is my first public attempt. I'm often praised for my game designs as being great ideas so its kinda funny that my first game release isn't something i spent any time designing. I just coded it together on the fly, which has obviously caused many many bugs.
Just yesterday i finalized another design, so now i have 2 lined up for release under pink petal games. My others are too ambitious without a full time dedicated team.
next game release will be a tactical strategy game (think the UFO or X-COM series but a lot more in-between action). It will be used to build up some tech I will need for the 3rd release. Which will be a freeform dating sim with RPG elements (meaning stories are generated on the fly by NPC and player actions).

Hey like the game alot so far, and future plans sound awesome, so just keep it up. The RPG/DatingSim sounds very interesting.

Offline letmein

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2009, 07:31:27 PM »
I can't wait to see what you come up with, necno.  You definitely don't aim low, that's for sure...
Still lurking.

Offline Krayben

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2009, 03:21:21 AM »
A well-known guard asks to inspect your premises. Knowing thatyour"less than legal" activities take place in a well-hidden areathat unless one knows exactly what to look for there's nochance they'll find the entrance, you allow the guard to search thinkingthat it will only take an hour or so. After four hours of disruptingthe activities of the brothel, the guard leaves and gives youthe impression all is well. An hour later, the guard rushes intoyour brothel accompanied by four other armed guards. They hold you atsword-point, charging you with possession of an illegal mind-controlsubstance, Zubadai.
     You've never used Zubadai because you knowthat long-term use of Zubadai leads to random outbursts of violence. Youchuckle to yourself as one of your father's anecdotes about one of hisgirls (she'd been bought from a Zubadai dealer) tearing off a customer'spenis and beating him to death with a table leg. You immediatelyrecognize this as a hit. These guys are easier to read than achildren's book and you can tell by the look in their eyes that if yougo with them you won't make it half-way to the prison before they killyou. "'Justifiable homicide in the line of duty' my ass," you think toyourself.
     Thankfully, your old man was good enough to teach youhow to get out of such situations without putting yourself in harm'sway. When the guards go to bind your arms, you crack open a small ballfull of a potent knock-out gas. Because you hold your breathand the gasis odorless, the guards quickly pass out. You practically cackle at thecrooked guards' attempt to frame you. Your goons haul the guards to thedungeon for interrogation...
     Upon interrogation of the guards,you discover that they were hired by one of your rivals to plantZubadai on your premises, then pretend to arrest you and kill you onthe way, saying you tried to escape. You know exactly who isresponsible and how to combat them. That just leaves the matter of yourwould-be assassins...
     What do you do?
[Kill them quickly]You order your goons to leave and glare at the sniveling dogs as theybeg for their lives. You put on a calm expression and pretend to walkaway, then turn to them where they are tied down to chairs, lined upshoulder-to shoulder. You grab a wakizashi from the nearby wall andapproach them, smiling and acting as if you are about to cut them free.You flick your wrist and swing sideways, beheading them all in oneswipe. You wipe off the blade and order your goons to dispose of thebodies.
(You become more evil.)

[Kill them slowly] You have yourcaptives doused in lamp oil, then grin evilly as you slice theirkneecaps off, making sure to go slowly each time. Rods are driventhrough their calves and they are hung upside-down. You leave just asyour goons touch the three with lit torches, their screams echoing frombelow. (You become waaaaay more evil.)

[Sell them as slaves] Youhave them knocked out, branded, and carted off to the slave market. Yourecieve 500 gold for the guards. Not as much as you wanted, but atleast it's over.

[Turn them and frame your rival] You use the Zubadai they planted on your premises. Once they are under your control, you send them to your rival's brothel where they would stage their own murder. They go into your rival's basement and brutally kill each other, one of them clutching your rival's bloody garment, implicating them. Knowing that that alone is enough for a conviction, you inform the city guard of 'suspicious activities'. The guards investigate to find their comrades slaughtered in the basement. Your rival is arrested, imprisoned, and executed. (You won't be hearing from this rival again.)

[Toss them out on their asses] You have them stripped of armor and weapons, beaten halfway senseless byyour goons, and then dump them in the nastiest slum in town with theirhands tied behind their back, and "copper" tattooed on their foreheads.They might make it back alive, they might not, but it's more of achance than they would have given you. If they survive the ordeal, they'll think twice before trying to play you for a sucker again.

Credit for the last one goes to the good Doc Clox.

Offline fg109

Re: New Event Submission and Discussion Thread (Feedback encouraged!)
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2009, 02:10:43 AM »
I think the first, second, and possible third options should also increase player suspicion.  After all, even if they're crooked, nobody else knows they are.  Their fellow guards will probably know they disappeared while "investigating" you.

Offline Command

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2009, 10:45:30 AM »
Here's a thought since they are obviously dirty you could do what the old fashioned mob did.

They made the law work for them.

If you do research before the the drud deals became center fold for gangs the old crime syndicits were actually prospering much better.  THey actually built and ran Los Vagis.  Their was even a rule since they did not want the fed's there it was that noone was aloud to shoot anyone in that city if you wanted to shoot someone wait until they left.

Las Vagis was a vacation spot for gansters.

So it maybe interesting if you also include an option that would get the Law to work for you in this situation. 

Offline Savagefrog

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2009, 03:29:51 PM »
The mob would take the people they wanted to kill outside Las Vegas an the Clark county area. The place they dump bodies is in Nye county, place is called Chicago road. Still a favorite dumping ground to this day.

Offline Krayben

Re: New Event Submission/Discussion Thread (Feedback encouraged!)
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2009, 05:05:46 PM »
I think the first, second, and possible third options should also increase player suspicion.  After all, even if they're crooked, nobody else knows they are.  Their fellow guards will probably know they disappeared while "investigating" you.
Yeah, but the suspicion increase is a given, you know? I figured it would be obvious. And that's an interesting bit of history that can be implemented later. I'll keep that in mind in future events.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 06:41:12 PM by Krayben »