devolution

Author Topic: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks  (Read 135225 times)

Offline Anon21

Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks
« on: July 20, 2011, 04:11:49 PM »
FIRST! :-P

OK, seriously, I'm going to use the first post for a summary of changes and the latest download link.

Updated on Sep 19th (link will probably expire after two days or so)

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org2042843.zip.html

I would like to thank THE FUTURE for use of his 1280 x 1024 interface and other mods. Also GonDra for his code (Withdraw All button). If you've got a mod you'd like to see included please let me know. :-)

config.xml

Take a moment to look through the config.xml file include in the download ( .\Resources\Data ). There are a lot of new settings that can be changed there, and they are explained in the file.

User Interface

The game's layout is mostly set through the various .xml files in .\Resources\Interface Note that these .xml files can't be used with the standard ('vanilla') version of WM without modification as they include new xml not supported by the standard code. If you look at the xml the content is generally self explanatory.

Not all screens are set with xml files. Some are set with older (less flexible) .txt files and others are hard coded.

* Dual display mode for Girl Management Screen.

Click on the girl's picture, or click the arrow icon to switch between small pic + large table and large pic + small table.
The large table can have different columns to the small table.

* StdFontSize = "16" (set in config.xml).

Increases default font size in a number of places. This is mostly obsolete, now, as I have added an optional FontSize attribute to the Listbox element.

* FontSize now works with Listbox element.

The height of the rows should also automatically adjust with FontSize changes.

* Flexible Listbox columns.

In multi-column listboxes you can now include just about any stat / skill / status just by setting the column name appropriately.  You do, however, need to know what the valid column names are (e.g. for level you need the column name "STAT_Level")   This is a standard feature of WhoreMaster SVN Revision 643.

* Item Management screen (shop, item transfer) now displays description, skills and statistics of last girl selected.

Very useful if you want to know which item to give to which girl.

* Withdraw All button in bank screen.

* 'More Details' buttons all removed! You can now see all the details on your slave without having to click that button.

* 'New Game' now needs one less click.

* Mayor bribery rate now set with slider.

* Small girl image added to Dungeon screen.

* Slider code improved.

'Increment' attribute is now the smallest amount the slider position can move.

Only if you code

These changes are only relevant if you are happy with editing the code and recompiling the game.

* HideListBox function (as used with big/small table on girl management screen).

* Improved support for Multi-column list boxes (you can now get Column Name from Column Number and vice versa)

* Added click event handling to Image object

Used for the 'small / big' girl image on the Girl Management screen.

* Minimum age and maximum age are now defined in the code (#define MIN_AGE 17 / #define MAX_AGE 80).

If you don't want 80 year old whores you can change that and recompile. Note that girls just stop ageing at the max age, they don't retire or anything.

Gameplay changes

* Introduced initial sex skill caps for new girls with status of 'virgin'.

* New Job 'Beast Mistress' replaces old jobs of 'Beast Carer' and 'Beast Capture'.

New job includes an extra text event or two. Support is still present for save game files that have girls with the old jobs, btw.

* You can now Retire girls instead of Firing them.

Retiring involves handing out a fairly hefty sum for them to live on and is a 'Good' act (affects Disposition and Suspicion a little).

* Optional 'Fame Mode' for game play. (Set in config.xml )

Whether you can buy extra brothels will depend on how well known your existing brothels are. The default mode is 'FameIsKey = false' where it should play the same as before. If you want to try the new mode set this to 'FameIsKey = true' instead.

* Maximum gangs that can be hired can be set in config.xml

WARNING! Do not set to more than 24 unless you first add more gang names.

* Added new parameter to config.xml "RandomGirlNerf"

Set to 0 for no random girls, 100 for standard random girls. Works on customers selling their daughters, gangs in the catacomb, girls in the catacomb, daughters of girls and girls bought in the slave market.

* New starting text options added

(No effect on gameplay - just for flavor)

* New alternatives for pregnancy event text added

(See http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=851.0 )

Broken and TBD

If you're interested in game development, maybe you could take a look at these and see if you can get them to work.

* Attempted to move window creation / handling code for the Main Screen (first screen) to use an XML template.

Didn't work.  Look for the #ifdef OLD_MENU / #else / #endif sections for the code which I played around with.

* Traits gained from torture are temporary?

Reported by Ildon and Drake. I'm not sure if I fixed that or not. ^ ^;
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 11:04:09 AM by Anon21 »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 04:34:39 PM »
Sweet, do you know what displays "Looks"? I need Constitution, House % and Looks on my brothel management screen, the first two are easy, how to get looks is puzzling (at least to me)...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 04:42:45 PM »
Sweet, do you know what displays "Looks"? I need Constitution, House % and Looks on my brothel management screen, the first two are easy, how to get looks is puzzling (at least to me)...

It's on my list. ;-)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 04:54:56 PM »
Great, tell me when/if you figure it out, I got the first two down, just need looks...

If we cannot find the "Looks", I'll just use Beauty and Charisma separately. It's to bad that Future's mod practically kills so many columns :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 05:17:11 PM »
cool. 'break' the save games again, sounds like an awesome improvement.
if you find the time/insparation could make a mode to make the absence of pics go to the default images? simplist way I think would do it (though it would have minimal coverage) would be to detect file name, if absent go to default file, beyond that well I'm no programmer (this was discussed in another topic though).

Offline Greine

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 09:16:52 PM »
Hey Anon21, two questions:

Is this for r593?
How would one go about changing the min age?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 05:24:22 AM »
This whole min age thing is really troublesome. Lets respect dev's wishes and leave that part as it is... Falling back on default pictures or displaying pictures pictures on auto when choosing an interaction would be a better bet.
Like what we're doing?

Offline gfw

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 08:25:41 PM »
The uproda site does not work (it keeps saying DL limit is reached). Why not try to upload to this site as attachment?

Offline GonDra

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 08:38:32 PM »
Hey Anon21, just wanted to ask if you included the withdraw all button change I did, if not feel free to include it.
All the changes are included in the download from my post http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=394.msg12880#msg12880

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 04:26:41 PM »
Kewl, do you have any clue on how to force the game to display pics after interacting or to display default images if non are available?
Like what we're doing?

Offline rxformula91

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 07:51:02 PM »
Hi not sure if this is where to ask about this... but tried the file with a new game... but I was noticing that the girls with "Your daughter" tags can't get pregnant in the brothels or by interaction no matter how many times I tried.  Checked already to see if they are incorporial or sterile and they are not.  But if you put them into dungeons, interaction from asking and forcing will get them pregnant.  Not saying that this is an issue or something I am into, but just wondering if its a bug or if its actually a change.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 08:25:08 PM »
Hi not sure if this is where to ask about this... but tried the file with a new game... but I was noticing that the girls with "Your daughter" tags can't get pregnant in the brothels or by interaction no matter how many times I tried.  Checked already to see if they are incorporial or sterile and they are not.  But if you put them into dungeons, interaction from asking and forcing will get them pregnant.  Not saying that this is an issue or something I am into, but just wondering if its a bug or if its actually a change.

What's with all the pregnancy questions lately? I've never tried but there is nothing to prevent a girl with "Your Daughter" trait to get impregnated by you in the code (In fact there is a VERY small chance that a daughter can be impregnated even by the same costumer that mother was) in brothel. Keep trying, the pregnancy is based on "rolling the dice" so it's a game of chance, you just got "REALLY" unlucky :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 08:41:56 PM »
um, did you buy any antipreg potions, what's your preg by customer chance, and do they have the checkmark in place to have antipreg potions?

alsodo you have any clue on how to force the game to display pics after interacting or to display default images if non are available.
right now these options are set in stone. for interactions it's going to display profile pics, when no pics are found it will display either profile, sex, (and possibly) regular preg pics.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2011, 07:25:53 PM »
just checking on this, do we need to keep all the devcpp.cpp files, or is it safe to delete them?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 07:31:42 PM »
just checking on this, do we need to keep all the devcpp.cpp files, or is it safe to delete them?

You can safely delete every .cpp and .h file. These are files that include the modified code if anyone else wants to use them in their own mods and so the changes are not lost for possible future mods but they have no effect on the game itself.
Like what we're doing?