devolution

Author Topic: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks  (Read 135040 times)

Offline fires_flair

Re: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 05:07:19 PM »
hey what do I have to change if I don't want full screen?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 05:17:51 PM »
hey what do I have to change if I don't want full screen?

Set ScreenMode.txt to "false" instead of "true".
Like what we're doing?

Offline shadowxd

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 10:33:39 AM »
so i spend the last two days trying to download the file but it wouldnt let me and i dont even know why.. i put the website into a translator and it tells me i exceeded my download limit even through i never downloaded something from that website before, i tried different proxys incase my country blocks me from doing something with that site or its just a bad ip, i tried it on different hours a day but whatever i tried i just cant download it.. so please someone tell me whats going on or i might go crazy from not being able to frigure out what the problem is

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 10:50:20 AM »
so i spend the last two days trying to download the file but it wouldnt let me and i dont even know why.. i put the website into a translator and it tells me i exceeded my download limit even through i never downloaded something from that website before, i tried different proxys incase my country blocks me from doing something with that site or its just a bad ip, i tried it on different hours a day but whatever i tried i just cant download it.. so please someone tell me whats going on or i might go crazy from not being able to frigure out what the problem is

It's not "your" download limit that's exceeded, it's the download limit in general. Anon said that he didn't want these mods to hang around the net forever. I'll upload the last version to MF and delete it when he gets back online.

"Link Removed"
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 03:56:02 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline sgb

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2011, 12:38:46 PM »
Nice stuff, good the see the game is still alive and kicking.  Any chance someone can get those min/max age settings to be configurable from the config file for us without programming skills?

Would also be nice if someone could lower the % chance a business will give a free random girl each turn, or even eliminate it.  Annoying as hell to get dozens of random girls I don't want, and having businesses is the only way to get more than one brothel.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 12:41:39 PM by sgb »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 12:54:31 PM »
Any chance someone can get those min/max age settings to be configurable from the config file for us without programming skills?

That was discussed and it's a no...

http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=843.30

Would also be nice if someone could lower the % chance a business will give a free random girl each turn, or even eliminate it.  Annoying as hell to get dozens of random girls I don't want, and having businesses is the only way to get more than one brothel.

LoL, I have no idea business's gave free random girls each turn? If it's a matter of changing the roll, it shouldn't be much of a problem...
Like what we're doing?

Offline sgb

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 01:04:09 PM »
That was discussed and it's a no...

Meh, oh well.

Yeah, if you have at least 1 business there a % chance somewhere that a business will give you their daughter instead of paying you the 10 gold.  From my experience, this generally leads to a random girl showing up in your dungeon once every month or so.  And more random girls...well I don't think anyone still following this game cares for getting them.  Random monster girl capture rate from catacombs is pretty annoying too.

Oh, one big fix that's needed: Have the end of turn summary calculate gang costs.  I'm sure we're all sick of the summary saying you made 20 gold when you're actually -160.

How does one go about changing the columns?  I tried editing the girl_management_screen.xml to have a Looks column but it shows up blank in-game (the girl data, not the header).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 01:16:26 PM by sgb »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 01:54:04 PM »
Meh, oh well.

Yeah, if you have at least 1 business there a % chance somewhere that a business will give you their daughter instead of paying you the 10 gold.  From my experience, this generally leads to a random girl showing up in your dungeon once every month or so.  And more random girls...well I don't think anyone still following this game cares for getting them.  Random monster girl capture rate from catacombs is pretty annoying too.

Oh, one big fix that's needed: Have the end of turn summary calculate gang costs.  I'm sure we're all sick of the summary saying you made 20 gold when you're actually -160.

How does one go about changing the columns?  I tried editing the girl_management_screen.xml to have a Looks column but it shows up blank in-game (the girl data, not the header).

"Looks" cannot be displayed, I tried but failed to arrange that...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 01:12:10 AM »
Latest change: * Maximum number of gangs you can hire at once can now be set in the config.xml file. (Don't set to > 24 without adding new gang names!)

Heh, I haven't tried any of your work yet, for one I've been gone so long trying to keep up with everything is a pain, as well as the fact that my security progs. completely block the uploader you use (I can't find info why.)

I'm not asking for help (yet) I'm still deciding if any of it is relevant to the way I play the game yet. Kudos on all the work though, I know it's helped several people and whether I use it or not that fact along with all the work is deserving of acknowledgement.

In the above quote though I think adding random gang names into the list should solve the problem, and it's quite simple to do for people who are already messing with the game files. I haven't tried it myself, but I believe the amount of games is based on the number of names in the text file. (resources\Data\HiredGangNames)

Edit: I saw your other post, makes mine redundant.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:28:15 AM by Mak »
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 03:59:49 AM »
If you're using my download then girl_management_screen.xml has two sets of list data 'GirlList' and 'GirlListBig'. See how it's done in the second of those. You should be able to add it to the smaller one with no problem. In the attached screenshot 2 I just replaced 'Health' with 'Looks' in the xml.

Screenshot 1: http://www.uproda.net/down/uproda335479.png.html
Screenshot 2: http://www.uproda.net/down/uproda335480.png.html

Damn you're good! I've been trying to put "Looks" up for a while, I'll sure as hell give it a try with your mod tonight... (I removed old MF link since you're back)
Like what we're doing?

Offline syke

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2011, 05:02:22 PM »
Hey Anon21,
I love what you're trying to do so far as a large criticism of the game is how info is presented; however, to that end, I actually prefer smaller fonts so I can get more information/access to menus/options without having to scroll but it looks like I have to recompile the whole thing to change that one item.

Which source code build did you start out with? I.e. I've managed to find my way to the SVN repository but I don't know which one to take.

As a side note, I've not done any coding in years so at least this is getting me invested back into it, even be it a hobby ;)

Thanks!

Offline syke

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2011, 09:25:43 PM »
So I had a whole post written that explained where I was and what my issues were but I managed to solve them for now  :D  (haven't tried compiling yet though). Hopefully everything is peachy now.

On a different note, I noticed a potential bug? (that or something is right in my files):

Current build with your mods, the 'highlighting' for when a 'bad' event occurs doesn't work... (red/dark blue doesn't get highlighted on the girl despite such an event in the girl's week summary)

Also, this was mentioned earlier in your thread but I seem to be having the same issue in that the new columns showing Cons, level etc don't actually show they girls' stats; it's simply blank.

Re: PS. you could hard code LISTBOX_ITEMHEIGHT = 2*fontsize (-1?) or something like that. Hopefully that doesn't break the game... haha :P

Re: PPS. Main areas would be shop categories and girl jobs. I'm not running at a huge resolution (IMO)... 1280x1024 though I could run 1920x1200. I'd probably end up setting my own font size to 12 or 14. Even the original game the scrolling was annoying.

On that topic, the other grievance I have with how info is presented is on the girls' stats sidebar. That I would prefer scrolling and hopefully with the same scaling as above instead of having to click for more.

Ideally, would love that same side bar to come up in the stores whenever you select a girl as well.

Not that I'm expecting you (or anyone) to do that but that's what I would try to do... and may if I get my feet under me to do code again hah.

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011, 11:33:44 PM »
I'm updating my original higher res GUI for 1600x1200, but it won't be ready for a bit still. It'll look roughly the same as my 1280x1024 one, with some but not all of the functionality changes Anon has done. Smaller font sizes than Anon is using will be in it since I also prefer the smaller size. I think it'd be better if the exe accounted for different resolutions on its own, but I don't know enough cpp to do such a thing.

Any idea how to alphabetize the transfer girls list? I'd also like to add the 'level' stat into the transfer list, but that's probably more useful to me alone than to other people.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:36:33 PM by THE FUTURE »
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline syke

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 01:50:10 AM »
Sweet, got it to compile and with my font and list size changes intact! :D Thanks for the help!

Offline syke

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 02:54:34 AM »

Current build with your mods, the 'highlighting' for when a 'bad' event occurs doesn't work... (red/dark blue doesn't get highlighted on the girl despite such an event in the girl's week summary)

Doesn't seem to be popping up now... I can't get a *red* event to occur to confirm but at least the 'blues' seem to.

Otherwise I've changed my interface as best I can to minimize scrolling (almost none now but with font size ~=10). Note that there's a reference in cfont.cpp that scales all font... I couldn't find the actual value for in game fonts out side of menus but it was mainly an issue with the 'trait description' overflowing into the slider for some traits (i.e. Fake Orgasm Expert has a rather length description... Just like how some girls fake theirs... thanks folks, here all night :P.)

Oh, another interface tweak that I'm going to add to my own list is that in the girl management screen, it would be great to have a button to transition to your other brothels so you don't have to exit, switch and then re-enter.