devolution

Author Topic: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks  (Read 135183 times)

Offline drake

Re: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2011, 11:22:35 AM »
I love your changes to the game.  I was wondering if you could fix the bug where traits such as masochist and broken will gained from the torturer torturing the girls are only temporary.  Not sure if traits gained from player torture are temporary.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2011, 09:32:07 PM »
could some one (teporarily) upload the last upgrade again, it's already gone dead and I missed it (and accidetally extracted an old update over the last one I got)

Offline Ildon

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2011, 01:03:48 AM »
Not sure if traits gained from player torture are temporary.

Traits gained from torturing girls personally are also temporary now, it seems. I'm not sure if this was an intended change or something that was borked during the tweaking process.

Offline drake

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2011, 11:31:20 AM »
The torture thing was an old bug that never got fixed in the main version, i remember seeing it in the code once, a true/false was backwards or missing causing the traits to default to temporary.  I think it must have been added when some code was cleaned up or something

Offline syke

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2011, 10:06:37 PM »

Should be. I haven't really done anything new since the last update but I'll upload that again.

* Just minor interface size / position tweaks.

Download: http://www.uproda.net/down/uproda339115.zip.html

No luck in building. Same error :(

Offline seyfer110

« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2011, 10:23:30 AM »
* As discussed, 'Beast Carer' and 'Beast Capture' jobs have been combined into 'Beast Mistress'. Also added a bit more text and an extra event.

Download: http://www.uproda.net/down/uproda338375.zip.html
how to download from that site? -.-'

Offline Nex Crimen

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2011, 11:54:41 AM »
* As discussed, 'Beast Carer' and 'Beast Capture' jobs have been combined into 'Beast Mistress'. Also added a bit more text and an extra event.

Download:
http://www.uproda.net/down/uproda338375.zip.html
[/font]
[/size]

[/color]how to download from that site? -.-
You can no longer download from that site as the Download limit has been exceeded. However since I'm so nice the original file can now be downloaded here.
(The code can be found in the Source folder)

There is also a none developer version which doesn't come with any code, but does come with all the data (girls, buttons, interface((Recreation included)), etc) from r598 as well as all the SDL files. If you are interested in this package then click here!

Hope you enjoy  :)

Oh and Anon amazing work man, keep it up! ;D

Offline seyfer110

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2011, 12:00:13 PM »
You can no longer download from that site as the Download limit has been exceeded. However since I'm so nice the original file can now be downloaded here.
(The code can be found in the Source folder)

There is also a none developer version which doesn't come with any code, but does come with all the data (girls, buttons, interface((Recreation included)), etc) from r598 as well as all the SDL files. If you are interested in this package then click here!

Hope you enjoy  :)

Oh and Anon amazing work man, keep it up! ;D

Thank you so much ^^

Offline syke

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2011, 08:12:41 PM »
Built! :)

Offline Lafate

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2011, 08:29:43 PM »
so how exactly do I use this unofficial updates from the official one that  is here http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=417.0

Offline Nex Crimen

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2011, 08:39:16 PM »
Simply Copy over the files from Anons updates into the official update. (Interfaces, Data and buttons should be placed within the Resources folder) if the game doesn't start up change the screen resolution.

Offline crazy

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2011, 06:38:34 AM »
Well seeing as you were asking for things to work on at http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=850.0 figure I have to throw some things out there.  Ill start with things I see people wanting all the time and that I belive to be on the easier side of coding (though with little c++ skill i could be wrong) then work my way to the harder stuff.

1. Have the game ask if your sure you want to quit when you hit quit so no more quitting on accedent.  There are a few other place people were asking for a are you sure thing.  Like taking a girls gold.
2. New traits.  People are pitching new traits all the time some of them good some not but really there are alot of traits the game could use.  For my part I think some traits need the counter balance so to speak.  I mean you have traits like quick learner and slow learner.  But there are some like cool person and others that don't.
3. Already said something about the jobs needing a tune up but there is also the movie jobs that need to be added back in.  Besides that there is jobs people have brought up that would be good so maybe adding new jobs.
4. New ways to get girls.  I would bet there is around 1300 unique girls for this game and really only 3 ways to get them.  Normal, slave. or catacombs.  So new ways to get girls is something most people want.
5. Sex act restrictions per girl instead of per brothel. http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=455.0 dagoth talked about doing it here but he had a few other ideals that are worth thinking about.  Dagoth may come back and do this himself he said somewhere that he might come back and do some more coding when he had time.
6. A monthly schedule so you can have girls doing different things from week to week.  http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=764.0 talked about there and many other places.
7. Add blow job as a type of custmer inter action.. http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=834.0 u said something about adding a image catagory there but unless im wrong they don't actually do that to custmers just the pc when asked.. but could be way off on this.
8. More endgame another map to conquer more brothels whatever people just want more to do in the end.
9. Financial reports http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=164.0 I think the code is in there somewhere it was just ugly due to something but mabye you could clean it up.

And well I could keep going lol.  But Ill stop there cause I don't know what all you already have planed to work on.

One last thing about beast misstress maybe you could add a toggle or something for if the girl should hunt beast or not cause after you reach a certain number they breed to the point you just dont need to get more and unless im wrong hunting beast can get them hurt.

Offline Maliquin

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2011, 09:19:47 AM »
I added anon21's changes some days ago to the game but something seemed to go wrong. I couldn't enter the Girl Management Screen anymore - everytime I tried the game crashed.

I "installed" the game new without any extras, changes, etc. and tried anon21's changes again, but with the same result. Anyone of you has an idea what i could do? Everything else in the game works fine, just the Girl Management crashes the game everytime I try to enter it.

anon21's last files from yesterday can't be downloaded by me.

Offline Nex Crimen

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2011, 10:02:56 AM »
First of you can download Anon21's update here. As for the game management screen crashing...I really have no idea, I would say a corrupted Girl file, but since you've claimed to have reinstalled the game fresh I don't know what's up.
But as a test try and remove some of the Girlx files but over then that Im at a complete loss. I'll try and see if I can recreate your problem, then if I find a solution ill be sure to tell you. :)

Offline Nex Crimen

« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2011, 10:45:58 AM »
Well I tried to recreate your error and found I couldn't, so instead of fixing it I have instead packed Anon21's update with the official release and uploaded it onto Mediafire you can download it bellow.

mediafire.com/

I hope this helps  :)