Author Topic: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks  (Read 134334 times)

Offline Noddung

Re: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2011, 12:40:18 PM »
I love this mod for the interface, but it seems the download link has exceeded it's limit.  :)

Congratulations on a popular mod and could you or someone post a link to the latest version?  ;D

Offline syke

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2011, 08:32:32 PM »
I'll let you know if I do anything clever worth mentioning. For that specific button change, it seems like it should be a simple c+p of other code which switches between brothels... you just have to redirect it to the code path for the girls management screen of a single brothel. Of course, I haven't looked yet so maybe that's naive of me.

Of your recent upload, it occurs to me that I need to think about version control or at least a way to merge your changes into mine... any advice? I can't figure out a way to do it in Visual C++ 2010 and was contemplating using other text editors... don't know which though either as can't find such a function in Notepad++ and am hesitant to use Word to compare.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2011, 08:40:46 PM »
if you guys wanna work on the code, why don't you ask necno for access to edit it, or have your own trunk. then it will be easier for you to work with eachother's code and changes

Offline sgb

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2011, 11:53:41 PM »
* Added new parameter to config.xml "RandomGirlNerf"

Set to 0 for no random girls, 100 for standard random girls. Works on customers selling their daughters, gangs in the catacomb, girls in the catacomb and daughters of girls.

Download: http://www.uproda.net/down/uproda335542.zip.html

Thanks a lot.  The devs said this couldn't be done, but it looks like you found a way to purge all references to randoms from the game.  They always just seemed like a placeholder from early versions of the game to me.  Is is just 0 or 100, or can I set it to 5 or something to have a super small chance of it still happening?

* Introduced initial skill caps for new girls with status of 'virgin'.
No problems with this.  The bigger question (for the original devs) is why is this even something assigned at random by the game, and not controllable from the girlsx file.

The default mode is 'FameIsKey = false' where it should play the same as before. If you want to try the new mode set this to 'FameIsKey = true' instead.
Sweet, one step closer to removing any reason to have gangs in the game beyond guarding.  And no that's not sarcasm, this is genuinely a good thing to me.  If someone can tweak the security job to cover guard duty, you could delete gangs from the game entirely.  Girls already handle catacombs, which was the only other reason to bother with gangs seeing as you can never actually kill all the rivals for good.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:03:20 AM by sgb »

Offline Karohell

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 01:23:59 AM »
Incidentally, I think I'm right in saying that it is impossible to go bankrupt in this game. There's a 'NoMoney' script, but it never gets called.

I got.. -4000, I believe, to see how long it would take to go bankrupt and I got a game over script and it returned to the main menu.

Offline Cloud_firaga

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 04:19:01 AM »
the game over money limit used to be set-able with the config file
but now it's hard coded into the exe
and it makes sense that if in a small interdemetional town if you owed 4000 you'd either be killed ran out or made a slave

On another note HAS ANYONE FOUND OUT HOW TO DISPLAY PLAYER STATS

Offline Cloud_firaga

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 06:47:20 AM »
well then maybe it's just the inverse of your starting gold?

try setting your start gold to something low (lik2 100 gold) purposely fail for a turn or two and see what happens.

or maybe it's coded into hex did you try it's hex code 00000FA0 (fyi that's just what my hex calc says it should be I have no clue)

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 06:54:56 AM »
/Resources/Scripts/GlobalTriggers.xml :

<Trigger
        Type        = "Money"
        Who            = "Player"
        Threshold    = "-5000"
        Comparison    = "LessThan"
        File        = "NoMoney.script"
    />

No exe modding required. However, it doesn't work on existing saves; to make any changes work you have to start a new save.

Edit: WARNING, it's extremely easy to corrupt a save! Make a backup before you even touch your save file!!

You can actually change the amount directly in your save.

Find this:
Code: [Select]
12 0 -5000
NoMoney.script

In your save file. Change the "-5000" to whatever you want the game over threshold to be. I hope you made a backup.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 07:01:45 AM by THE FUTURE »
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline crazy

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2011, 05:50:27 PM »
Seeing as how you worked on the Beast job any chance you might work on the rest?  Most of the jobs in the game are more or less place holders and could really use some work to make them better.  If it isn't under General or isn't a whore it needs work to make it feel more unique I think.

Offline syke

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2011, 08:43:14 PM »
Version control, anyone?

Noticed a few other bugs (though one of your older builds)..

Crashes when you get girl offers from non-paying customers. Might be related to random girl bugs as I had the flag randomgirlnerf at 100 but I don't think I had any random girls loaded. CMD lines seem to reference torture flags but never crashes when similar flags get sent when visiting your dungeon.

Also, the bug related to 'blue' events not showing up seems to only effect job refusals? I seem to get it appearing if a girl gains a trait (i.e. agressive) or red events.

Offline sgb

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2011, 09:22:45 PM »
I don't think I had any random girls loaded
That's always crashed it, not unique to this version.  I'm pretty sure you have to have one random girl in the file, even if you have the mod set to 0.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 09:25:26 PM by sgb »

Offline syke

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2011, 10:33:15 PM »
That's always crashed it, not unique to this version.  I'm pretty sure you have to have one random girl in the file, even if you have the mod set to 0.

Fair enough, good to know.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2011, 12:13:25 AM »
if you are willing to work on the jobs I would be willing to write some options for them (I already have, I shared them but that was when dev. was tapering out)

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2011, 12:25:24 AM »
no problem. I will start working on them. here's where I orginally posted the snippets
http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=580.msg11032#msg11032

also (since I was remined of the idea when finding that post) this topic I made might interest you.
'a way to use more then one girl per customer'
http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=762.msg12613#msg12613
of course, like I say in the thread, I have little knowledge about programming, so probably don't know what I'm talking about.

Offline syke

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2011, 12:42:08 AM »
* Item Management screen (shop, item transfer) now displays description, skills and statistics of last girl selected.

http://www.uproda.net/down/uproda338417.zip.html

Are all the modified source files included? The .exe files included works with your changes stated to date but when I compile with your source code overwriting the base r635, it won't compile. I made sure to get a fresh set of r635 + your 'compilehelp' files and just overwrote these source files.

Error:

1>cJobManager.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static bool __cdecl cJobManager::WorkBeastMistress(struct sGirl *,struct sBrothel *,int,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > &)" (?WorkBeastMistress@cJobManager@@SA_NPAUsGirl@@PAUsBrothel@@HAAV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall cJobManager::Setup(void)" (?Setup@cJobManager@@QAEXXZ)

Looks like something that was done to consolidate the 'beast mistress'?