devolution

Author Topic: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks  (Read 135302 times)

Offline Anon21

Re: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2011, 03:27:41 AM »
Darn. Back to debug mode.

OK, that was easy. I used a == where I should have been using a strcmp()

* Bugfix for load/save _without_ subdirectory use.

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1894323.zip.html

(P.S. Link is directly above advert)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:30:02 AM by Anon21 »

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2011, 05:03:02 AM »
* New upload site! (Don't get too excited)

Somebody said that the site I was using was IP blocked, so here's a different one.

* Includes code / files from Nex Crimen so users can adjust Gallery + Turn Summary screens.

* You can now use .png files for girl images.  (Not sure about animation stuff)

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1893121.zip.html

It was me who had the IP block problem, and I think it was my post that you noticed the idea about .png images, so thank you very much. The new file share works fine for me (except that doesn't show in any human language because my pc is currently set on NA code...but hovering over the links on the page showed me what to click lol.)

I think it pulls up sprites the same way as category pics as long as it reads the .ani file, but I can't be sure; but at this point I'm just assuming it won't be a problem. I'm currently playing v.612, so if these updates don't work for me it may be a while before I give any relevant feedback. I haven't had a lot of time lately to actually sit down and try stuff without constant distraction.

I appreciate it though, and plan to get to it as soon as I can.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline egon68

« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2011, 05:53:25 AM »
* Configurable limit to number of rooms / brothel.
This is set in config.xml. Set it to "0" to disable the limit. ....
The setting of "100" literally means that you can add as many (100%) rooms to a brothel as the brothel starts with.

Either I'm blind or the setting is missing in the config.xml of the latest download - what's its name?
(I assume that's why I can't add any rooms at all)

Offline Anon21

« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2011, 06:44:34 AM »
Either I'm blind or the setting is missing in the config.xml of the latest download - what's its name?
(I assume that's why I can't add any rooms at all)

ExpansionLimit = "100"

And I haven't actually tested it properly, so it might just not be working. :-P

[EDIT] I had a < where I should have had a >.

* bugfix: Expansion limit to rooms in brothel should work now

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1895049.zip.html
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:27:47 AM by Anon21 »

Offline Anon21

« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2011, 10:14:57 AM »
* Gallery screen now uses XML file to set button size, position, etc.

N.B. No change to game play.

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1895647.zip.html

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2011, 11:54:39 AM »
You need to change the contents of the Interface folder, all the ??? .xml files.  In theory everything should rescale, but it has problems when the screen is a different shape, not just size.

Is that 1280 x 768, btw?
nope 1366x768
laptop's are weird in their sizes
the major problem is the buttons, everything else scales very/fairly well.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2011, 12:35:00 PM »
nope 1366x768
laptop's are weird in their sizes
the major problem is the buttons, everything else scales very/fairly well.

Well, I can only suggest two things. 
1. Run it in window mode at 1024 x 768
2. Re-do all the .xml files ^ ^;

If you go for option 2 maybe you could post an attachment to this thread with the altered files and I can include them in the distribution.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2011, 02:37:51 PM »
ok, so editing the xml and can't seem to find one for the new game screen, which needs to be edited, else the buttons eat the text (ok, so it's only the word 'name', but still)
so just to make sure I understand it.
the x would go to 1-1024 and the y would go to 1-724 (chosen to preven things from beeing eaten due to the title bar)?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2011, 03:12:30 PM »
ok, so editing the xml and can't seem to find one for the new game screen, which needs to be edited, else the buttons eat the text (ok, so it's only the word 'name', but still)
the x would go to 1-1024 and the y would go to 1-724 (chosen to preven things from beeing eaten due to the title bar)?

Would it not be simpler to change all values at the same ratio. For example, if you are editing X-axis values in .xml from screen resolution of 1280 to 1024 you just take a ratio of 1:0.8 and multiply all X-Axis values by 0.8. It should be easier than making a whole new layout...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2011, 03:13:42 PM »

Long story short, there isn't a 'New Game Screen'.  The values for that one are hard-coded.  I tried to change it to XML, but it was a bit too hard for me (the code is still there, commented out, if anyone wants to try to fix it - search on 'OLD_MENU').

the x would go to 1-1024 and the y would go to 1-724 (chosen to prevent things from being eaten due to the title bar)?

Er, not sure. ^ ^;  Possibly the x would go 1 to 800 and the y would go from 1 to God knows. The numbers for X and Y in the XML are actually based on 800x600 then scaled to the size of the screen chosen in screenmode.txt It's all rather confusing, if you ask me.

I suggest a little trial and error. I'm sure you'll pick it up soon.

Would it not be simpler to change all values at the same ratio. For example, if you are editing X-axis values in .xml from screen resolution of 1280 to 1024 you just take a ratio of 1:0.8 and multiply all X-Axis values by 0.8. It should be easier than making a whole new layout...

I think it's probably more complicated than that.

You see if you start with a button that is 3 times as wide as it is high in 800x600 then change everything by fixed ratios to fit in a 1366x768 screen the aspect ratio will be different so bits of the button image will be clipped off.

Well, I think that's what it would do.  That sort of mess is why I'm only going to support 1280 x 1024 resolution layouts :-P (although I'd be happy to include other people's work if they make Interface sets compatible with my patched version of WM).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:17:57 PM by Anon21 »

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2011, 03:24:20 PM »
ok, so I noticed a lot of things don't have the 'scale=true' catigory, would just adding that in the appropriate location work?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2011, 03:25:59 PM »
I think it's probably more complicated than that.

You see if you start with a button that is 3 times as wide as it is high in 800x600 then change everything by fixed ratios to fit in a 1366x768 screen the aspect ratio will be different so bits of the button image will be clipped off.

Well, I think that's what it would do.  That sort of mess is why I'm only going to support 1280 x 1024 resolution layouts :-P (although I'd be happy to include other people's work if they make Interface sets compatible with my patched version of WM).

Yeap, you're right. I don't seem to have much issues after changing resolution to 1680 x 1050 anyway :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2011, 03:43:56 PM »
ok, so I noticed a lot of things don't have the 'scale=true' category, would just adding that in the appropriate location work?

It would only work if they had the code to support it. I think if they haven't got  'scale=true' already then that's probably because it wouldn't work. But maybe I'm just a pessimist.

Offline Nex Crimen

« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2011, 07:33:10 PM »
Well you've all lost me on this talk about the 'New Game screen' anyway. I am however running the same size laptop to Flair and as such have a 1366 x 768 screen-pack which you can download bellow.

Admittedly I could of made it better, but it works if you have any problems with it send me a Pm and ill see what I can do :)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?napt2pitidci2ii

p.s. liking the XML format.

Offline eviljanitor

« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2011, 09:53:33 PM »
Is there any way that you could possibly fix the bug with insemination. Have had it set at 100 in the editor and the females i send into catacombs are not getting pregnant. Even after being raped several days in a row and being healed by potions. I currently have pregnancy potions unchecked, and have contraceptive rings equipped.