Author Topic: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks  (Read 135292 times)

Offline Anon21

Re: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2011, 04:14:51 PM »
Hey, did you know that there are three levels of rarity for items in the Catacomb? The official items list only uses one of those, though.

Here's a version of the official list that has split catacomb items by value.

< 10,000 = 15%
10,000 or greater = 5%
200,000 = 1%

Does anybody have a recommended items mod, btw?

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2011, 04:46:29 PM »
*cough-shameless plug-cough*

I made an upgrade a while back (looks like some one else might have too), here's a copy of the defaulf file from my directory.
http://www.mediafire.com/?11dpn9hu4m2bddu
I will look for more and post them.

Offline sgb

« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2011, 07:55:15 PM »
You can try mine, it's half original, half borrowed from others, and constantly tweaked for what I feel is balanced and useful.  I also removed a lot of core items that were, IMO, 100% useless (disease cures, drugs).  Note that I play with AutoCombatEquip = "false" in order to use underwear type items as 'armour'.  In fact that flag exists due to me having quite an arguement with Dagoth about it.  He disagreed in the end, but eventually included that in the config as a compromise.  Feel free to cherrypick anything you want and combine it with your own lists.

So looking through the xml the game calls the current editor level Catacomb15.  Does that mean in theory if I edited them to be Catacomb5 or Catacomb1 they'd have show up less frequently?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:59:19 PM by sgb »

Offline Anon21

« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2011, 09:17:34 PM »
You can try mine, it's half original, half borrowed from others, and constantly tweaked for what I feel is balanced and useful.  I also removed a lot of core items that were, IMO, 100% useless (disease cures, drugs).  Note that I play with AutoCombatEquip = "false" in order to use underwear type items as 'armour'.  In fact that flag exists due to me having quite an arguement with Dagoth about it.  He disagreed in the end, but eventually included that in the config as a compromise.  Feel free to cherrypick anything you want and combine it with your own lists.

Thanks - I will do.  Actually, I think I could code support for multiple item list files - should make it easier to organize them.

So looking through the xml the game calls the current editor level Catacomb15.  Does that mean in theory if I edited them to be Catacomb5 or Catacomb1 they'd have show up less frequently?

You need the leading 0. It's Catacomb05 not Catacomb5. Apart from that, I looked at the code and it should work just fine.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 09:19:16 PM by Anon21 »

Offline Anon21

« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2011, 03:27:43 AM »
*cough-shameless plug-cough*

I made an upgrade a while back (looks like some one else might have too), here's a copy of the default file from my directory.
http://www.mediafire.com/?11dpn9hu4m2bddu
I will look for more and post them.

Hi, thanks a lot for that. :-)  I've decided to keep the extra 50 random girls in my game so it will be useful.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2011, 08:37:29 AM »
Very minor change

* Removed random girl pack. If anybody wants it I'll put up a separate link somewhere.

* Now checks for save game compatibility. You get a warning if you use a save game from the mainline game.

The main game should be changed to give a more useful warning as well, IMO.

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1911126.zip.html

Offline Anon21

« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2011, 02:53:19 PM »
* There are now three levels of catacomb danger / reward. Only girls can get to the level of greatest danger.

* I found that the rarity values were ignored when girls explore catacombs. This has now been corrected.

* Girls can now be inseminated by beasts if they are raped in the catacombs.

* Removed boring 'nothing happens' option. Girls get beat up a whole lot more when you start out now.

* When girls give birth to a beast it is added to the beasts in your brothel instead of being sold.

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1912845.zip.html

Offline Sigura

« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2011, 06:09:26 PM »
I believe these are excellent alterations, and thanks to anon21 for spending the time on them.
Unfortunately even when downloading WM with these additions (to avoid potential extracting errors as I'm not too technologically savvy), it doesn't initialise.  Had no problems before, so if anyone can give me any suggestions, it would be welcomed.
Might be something incredibly simple knowing me, but can't figure out what.
Help!?

Offline sgb

« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2011, 06:47:49 PM »
* There are now three levels of catacomb danger / reward. Only girls can get to the level of greatest danger.

* I found that the rarity values were ignored when girls explore catacombs. This has now been corrected.

* Girls can now be inseminated by beasts if they are raped in the catacombs.

* Removed boring 'nothing happens' option. Girls get beat up a whole lot more when you start out now.

* When girls give birth to a beast it is added to the beasts in your brothel instead of being sold.

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1912845.zip.html
Nice changes here.  So before I start toying with my item list, Catacomb01 would mean there's only a 1% chance they get to roll on that item list if they win against the monsters?  This is really good though, hopefully it means my few super powered, super expensive items will not longer randomly show up as mission rewards.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:39:54 PM by sgb »

Offline Anon21

« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2011, 10:20:10 PM »
I believe these are excellent alterations, and thanks to anon21 for spending the time on them.
Unfortunately even when downloading WM with these additions (to avoid potential extracting errors as I'm not too technologically savvy), it doesn't initialise.  Had no problems before, so if anyone can give me any suggestions, it would be welcomed.
Might be something incredibly simple knowing me, but can't figure out what.
Help!?

Actually I fixed a couple of things in the code since posting that link. One of them might fix your problem (hopefully).  It's 3am here, so I'll be back with the new version a little later.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2011, 10:34:05 PM »
Nice changes here.  So before I start toying with my item list, Catacomb01 would mean there's only a 1% chance they get to roll on that item list if they win against the monsters?  This is really good though, hopefully it means my few super powered, super expensive items will not longer randomly show up as mission rewards.

It's a little complicated. So here goes:

When a girl or a gang succeeds in a catacomb raid they will randomly get a few items ... only maybe not. :-P Each item they 'maybe' got will then be checked against the rarity value.

Case 1: Common, Shop50

These are 'junk items' as far as the code goes. Buy them from the shop, they won't be found in the catacomb (your girl doesn't want to weigh her backpack down with crap).

Case 2: Shop25

Cheap stuff. These aren't rare and can usually be found in the shop but if they are found in the catacomb they are kept.

Case 3: Catacomb15, Shop05

Nice items. The most novice girl or crappy gang might find one of these. The rarity '15%' is applied _after_ they get added to the temporary list of stuff you found. So it's like "Hey, I got a widget!" followed by an 85% chance of "Oh no you didn't".

Case 4: Catacomb05

Expensive items. Well trained gangs and adventurers can get these from the lower catacomb levels. After they are randomly rolled up the first time there is a 95% chance that they weren't 'really' found.

Case 5: Catacomb01

Fabulous artifacts. Gangs never find these. Only the most hardened adventurer is able to venture far enough into the reality warping depths of the catacomb to get them. After getting randomly rolled up to the temporary list there is only a 1% chance that they were 'really' found.

Objective Rewards

I've now checked, and changed, the objective rewards code and reward items now only come from the following rarities:

Shop25
Shop05
Catacomb15
Catacomb05
 ScriptOrReward
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 03:32:23 AM by Anon21 »

Offline Anon21

« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2011, 03:39:12 AM »
Small update. I've been checking the game balance as I go, playing with minimum use of gangs.

* Tweaked Objective Reward items code (see above post).

* Fixed bug that possibly was from official code.

* It now costs 1000 gold when you initially hire a gang.

This improves game balance at the start of the game, IMO.

WARNING! Bugged. It looks like there's a infinite loop bug in the code for finding items in the catacomb.

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1913991.zip.html
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:28:00 AM by Anon21 »

Offline frozen_ghost

« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2011, 04:50:45 AM »
Turn Summary problem;
On turn summary I am seeing the big blue block, which I'm guessing is supposed to be at the top of the summary menu. Instead it is covering the menu, except for the very bottom-most part. This makes reading the turn summary impossible.
This is the same on all resolutions.
Also; This is for the next-to-last update...Haven't had time to try the latest yet.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2011, 05:05:21 AM »
Turn Summary problem;
On turn summary I am seeing the big blue block, which I'm guessing is supposed to be at the top of the summary menu. Instead it is covering the menu, except for the very bottom-most part. This makes reading the turn summary impossible.
This is the same on all resolutions.

Hmm, doesn't happen with mine. Are you using the summary_screen.xml file I included in the Interface directory? That sort of problem usually occurs because one of the elements in missing in the xml file so it doesn't know how large to make it or where to put it.

Offline frozen_ghost

« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2011, 06:09:48 AM »
Disregard that. I found the problem. I dumped your mod into the W.M. directory, as is, and forgot to move the interface folder into the resources folder, where it belongs. Thanks anyway.