Author Topic: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks  (Read 135287 times)

Offline Anon21

Re: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2011, 06:12:40 AM »
Disregard that. I found the problem. I dumped your mod into the W.M. directory, as is, and forgot to move the interface folder into the resources folder, where it belongs. Thanks anyway.

No problem. And you'll want to grab the latest bugfix version anyway.

* Fixed some really stupid code I did in the code for finding items in the catacomb.

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1914361.zip.html

Offline Anon21

« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2011, 10:47:43 AM »
* Game-balance adjustments

I've adjusted the 'Explore Catacombs' option for Girls a bit. It is now a bit less dangerous for starting girls. Girls also now have to be more proficient at fighting (90+ combat / 90+ magic) in order to get to the lower levels of the catacombs. This is from my experience in starting a new game with an emphasis on adventuring. It's a bit easier to pass 'break even' point now.

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1915597.zip.html

Offline Anon21

« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2011, 11:36:48 AM »
* Girl traits now shown on inventory management screen.

I find this very useful when considering buying items that add / remove traits.

NOTE! If you have customized your interface files, or if you are using the 1366 x 768 interface files made by Nex Crimen you will need to update your itemmanagement_screen.xml file manually.

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1915934.zip.html

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #153 on: August 17, 2011, 01:12:58 PM »
* Girl traits now shown on inventory management screen.

I find this very useful when considering buying items that add / remove traits.

NOTE! If you have customized your interface files, or if you are using the 1366 x 768 interface files made by Nex Crimen you will need to update your itemmanagement_screen.xml file manually.

Attached is a version for playing windowed @ 1280x960. It goes in Resources\Interface.

Thanks again for the updates, I have free time today so I finally get to try them out. So far overwriting your changes into the v612 that was released is working; but right now I'm still working on getting things sized right for playing in that windowed size.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:30:12 PM by Mak »
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #154 on: August 17, 2011, 01:16:17 PM »
Attached is a version for playing windowed @ 1280x960. It goes in Resources\Interface.

Thanks. I'll include that in any later updates. If you get the other screens done I'd be happy to include them as well. :-)

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2011, 01:57:55 PM »
No problem.

Fixed columns in girl management screen attached. Removes overlap and puts text back in the lines for the same reason as the above file. For both big and small pic.

Edit: I should note that I'm making sure these changes still work in 1280x1024 fullscreen as that's my resolution, I just rarely play in full.

Still has problems, working on it.

Edit2: The only solution I could come up with is reducing the font size in config, otherwise you get overlap with larger job titles. (This is only a problem on the large pic, with the small pic the bigger font is fine.) Attaching both files, maybe someone can come up with a different solution.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:29:41 PM by Mak »
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2011, 02:50:52 PM »
No problem.

Fixed columns in girl management screen attached. Removes overlap and puts text back in the lines for the same reason as the above file. For both big and small pic.

Edit: I should note that I'm making sure these changes still work in 1280x1024 fullscreen as that's my resolution, I just rarely play in full.

Still has problems, working on it.

Edit2: The only solution I could come up with is reducing the font size in config, otherwise you get overlap with larger job titles. (This is only a problem on the large pic, with the small pic the bigger font is fine.) Attaching both files, maybe someone can come up with a different solution.

Yeah, well at least you _can_ change font size in config.xml ;-)

Seriously, I should look into making more stuff support font size changes in the interface files. It would be good if the listbox line height could also be set in the xml files as well (IIRC that had some technical problems ...).

otherwise you get overlap with larger job titles
Actually ... it does that in mine too. That's why I changed the job title "Exploring Catacombs" to just "Catacombs".
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:52:24 PM by Anon21 »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #157 on: August 17, 2011, 02:58:46 PM »
Going to check out your mods for the first time for real tonight (didn't have time before :( ). Maybe I'll be able to offer some suggestions.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #158 on: August 17, 2011, 03:06:33 PM »
Seriously, I should look into making more stuff support font size changes in the interface files. It would be good if the listbox line height could also be set in the xml files as well (IIRC that had some technical problems ...).
Actually ... it does that in mine too. That's why I changed the job title "Exploring Catacombs" to just "Catacombs".

If you could do that, that would be great. It's the only place where I've seen the bigger font being an issue that I've noticed so far. Shortening a few others might be a work around unless there's issues elsewhere. "Masseuse in Brothel" doesn't really need "in Brothel" nor do any of the other titles really that tell you where they are.

Attached is a fix for small pic girl management screen to support longer names.

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2011, 04:57:13 PM »
Cleaned up the alignment in the item management screen some more.

I haven't noticed any other issues, so I'm going to play for a while now and try things out.

It's not like I did much, but with all you've added to the game I figured I could take care of some of the small details that I know how to.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:18:24 PM by Mak »

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2011, 05:55:51 PM »
Last girl in the dungeon if scrolling is necessary gets cut off, resized the box.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2011, 05:59:42 PM »
Checked out the mod and the first impression is that it's awesome :)

One thing is that I am on Laptop far away from "homebase" at the moment so I have pretty odd screen resolutions. Adaptation of Future's Mod works perfectly, some buttons are out of place a little bit but game is perfectly playable however when I change to the 1366 x 768 mod (I have two monitors here: one is 1360x768 and other is 1280x800). Game crashes the moment you enter SlaveMarket or Shop (Without tweaking anything but the screenresolution file).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2011, 06:17:02 PM »
Anon21, if you want me to clean up my post spam after you make your next release, just let me know and I'll delete them.

Xela, I took a look through, but I couldn't figure anything out with my limited knowledge sorry. I did notice a couple of interface files are missing from the widescreen mod though. Although I'm not sure if that's the issue.

Edit: P.S. ani images are working as they did before, but replacing a .jpg sprite with a .png crashes the game while loading.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:45:19 PM by Mak »

Offline Nex Crimen

« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2011, 06:37:22 PM »
Checked out the mod and the first impression is that it's awesome :)

One thing is that I am on Laptop far away from "homebase" at the moment so I have pretty odd screen resolutions. Adaptation of Future's Mod works perfectly, some buttons are out of place a little bit but game is perfectly playable however when I change to the 1366 x 768 mod (I have two monitors here: one is 1360x768 and other is 1280x800). Game crashes the moment you enter SlaveMarket or Shop (Without tweaking anything but the screenresolution file).

Hmmm don't understand why its doing that but I've attached the new Item Management file for the 1366 x 768 screen pack, hopefully this will fix your problem. (I've set the current brothel title to -20 as I see no reason for it to belong on that screen.)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:57:45 PM by Nex Crimen »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2011, 08:10:29 PM »

Hmmm don't understand why its doing that but I've attached the new Item Management file for the 1366 x 768 screen pack, hopefully this will fix your problem. (I've set the current brothel title to -20 as I see no reason for it to belong on that screen.)

Much appreciated. Everything works now and not a single item is out of place :)
Like what we're doing?