Author Topic: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks  (Read 135295 times)

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
Re: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks
« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2011, 09:29:35 PM »
(I've set the current brothel title to -20 as I see no reason for it to belong on that screen.)

Thanks for mentioning that, I didn't know how to remove it without causing problems. Heh, I didn't know you could set negative values.

Edit: You need to go at least -200 in 4:3, maybe more for long brothel names. I'm actually thinking you might have meant -200 and it's just a typo.

Edit2: Anon21, I've been playing for a while in fullscreen, my adjustments work fine in 1280x1024, so you can add them directly if you don't want to add a seperate file. They just also allow you to also play windowed @ 1280x960. Worst case is an extra click when you scroll boxes.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:41:22 PM by Mak »
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Cloud_firaga

« Reply #166 on: August 17, 2011, 09:39:15 PM »
Game crashes the moment you enter SlaveMarket or Shop (Without tweaking anything but the screenresolution file).

I talked to future about this a while ago apparently he modded the EXE and it is required for the game to accept this piece of his mod.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #167 on: August 17, 2011, 09:47:44 PM »
Woo! posts everywhere. :-) Don't have time to look through them yet, but here's a quick comment.

a couple of interface files are missing from the widescreen mod though

Yeah, the widescreen mod isn't up to date. I don't really have the time (or motivation ;-) to support alternative screenmodes properly so it needs manual adjustment. I'll gratefully include other people's work when available (thanks!) but apart from that my advice is to compare with the files in my distribution under Interface folder and look out for missing elements and such.

Incidentally, "summary_screen.xml" doesn't do anything yet. It's only half finished. "Summary.txt" is still where all the work gets done.

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2011, 10:06:59 PM »
Incidentally, "summary_screen.xml" doesn't do anything yet. It's only half finished. "Summary.txt" is still where all the work gets done.

I actually haven't seen any problems there (unless you mean something that went over my head.) I'm actually quite happy to see "Refused job" to be re-implemented into the highlighted warnings. I'm micro-managing right now because I haven't played in a while and I'm checking out the changes, but typically I only like to do so when I'm really bored/want to check out the hentai/am screwing around with something.

I couldn't use my save files since I updated to your most recent version, so I don't have much to say about the new catacomb stuff; but it sounds like a little extra micro-management will be worth the extra difficulty. I haven't gotten far enough yet to even guess.

I haven't had any issues at all overwriting your work into v612 (I should mention it said svn635 while playing but it was released under v612...I forget by whom.)

Edit: I forgot to mention I put the font size back to 16 to test my changes and other than the big pic screen in girl management screen there hasn't been problems with that.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:27:20 PM by Mak »
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #169 on: August 18, 2011, 10:31:36 AM »
* Minor display tweaks

I've put the Constitution value in the Stats section instead of the free text description area. It should now be clear where a girl was exploring (what danger level) if she is raped by monsters in the catacomb.

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1919478.zip.html

P.S. Note that the item rarity needs to be set in the item file if you want nicer objects to be found further down in the catacombs. If you are using a customized item file be sure to set rarity values yourself. (Catacomb15, Catacomb05 and Catacomb01 are the main options to consider).

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2011, 12:42:12 PM »
Could you make a note in the read me that the 1280x960 is for playing windowed on a 1280x1024 with screenmode set to 1280x960 false. I haven't come across any other management screens that need changes. I don't know if my changes would actually work on a pc with 1280x960 settings. They also work playing in 1280x1024 fullscreen.

Heh, I'm so used to using the editor for items it took me a few minutes to figure out I had to open notepad first and load the itemsx into it. Thanks for the change, and the tip to change items. The first girl I had sent in came back with my rarest item, that shouldn't happen again now.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:44:16 PM by Mak »

Offline Anon21

« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2011, 12:48:45 PM »
Could you make a note in the read me that the 1280x960 is for playing windowed on a 1280x1024 with screenmode set to 1280x960 false.

Done. :-)

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #172 on: August 18, 2011, 02:15:12 PM »
Thanks

Here are realigned stats in the girl details screen and item management screen to put each stat along with it's value back on to one line.

I like having constitution there instead.

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2011, 02:34:16 PM »
It should now be clear where a girl was exploring (what danger level) if she is raped by monsters in the catacomb.

I'm not seeing any difference with this. None of my girls are beyond the easiest level yet though, is that why?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2011, 02:46:15 PM »
I'm not seeing any difference with this. None of my girls are beyond the easiest level yet though, is that why?

In theory it goes like this ...

Easiest level...

Wilma was defeated then ...

Harder level...

Deep in the catacombs Wilma was defeated then ...

Hardest level...

In the extreme reaches of the catacombs Wilma was defeated then ...

I'm still waiting for my girls to get there! [EDIT] First girl managed it - so it is possible. I'm not sure if it's working quite like it should, yet, though.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:12:42 PM by Anon21 »

Offline Anon21

« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2011, 04:12:10 PM »
* Got fed up with misspelling of 'Incorporeal' and corrected it everywhere.

Er, oops. Anyway, if you have a girl with the 'Incorporial' trait in your save game you'll probably need to change it to 'Incorporeal' for her to load properly.  The 'Touhou' pack contains a couple of Incorpor(i/e)al girls so watch out for them.

* Game now checks for missing character directories! It will only load girls that have a directory in existence.

I did that because I found that missing directories can cause game crashes (on the Gallery screen, for one).  What you should do - after loading your save game search the gamelog.txt file for the text "Error: Failed to load girl from xml". It will give the girl's name, realname, directory (if applicable) and you can track down the problem and fix it.

* Added "Fontsize = 16" to all the listbox elements in the xml files.

Don't get excited, it doesn't do anything yet.

* Changed it so the description text from random girl files is actually used.

Hopefully that won't break anything. Before you just got the girl's "original" name (like 'Dangerous Girl' or 'Demon G2').

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1920793.zip.html

Offline blackrosesheart

« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2011, 04:37:42 PM »
Is all of this stuff compiled so you only need the latest one or is it one by one?

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #177 on: August 18, 2011, 05:10:27 PM »
Is all of this stuff compiled so you only need the latest one or is it one by one?

He re-compiles with every change, so you only need the latest. With all the work he does in increments I doubt he'd use an uploader that expires while adding smaller mods if that wasn't the case, (not that the work isn't tedious...changing my items manually with below amateur coding knowledge was tedious enough for me and was only one subject in one file.) Replacing your files with his most recent upload will add all his work. Assuming you have a version that's compatible, and it will "break" any saved games if you don't have any of his work yet.

If like me you use an altered UI though, you will need to take a look through to avoid breaking/changing anything before adding it. Also if using a res. other than 1280x1024 things may be off unless you know how to alter the values. (I don't have it down myself and have to experiment...but if using a natural 4:3 resolution you shouldn't have issues.) I'm still trying to find out how to make new buttons, I don't know who to ask for help. My graphics know how is null lol.

Offline blackrosesheart

« Reply #178 on: August 18, 2011, 05:13:38 PM »
Every time I try to update and then run the game crashes immediately without errors.  Using 1.30.5 r635.

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #179 on: August 18, 2011, 05:25:49 PM »
Hmmm...if you're overwriting and replacing all the relevant files I don't know what could be causing that. (though I haven't yet used the the most recent update yet because I'm scared to break my saves just yet.) Other than the update he just posted I pasted it over v612 without a problem. If you're using Cloud's v635, I would suggest sending him a pm.