devolution

Author Topic: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks  (Read 135304 times)

Offline blackrosesheart

Re: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks
« Reply #180 on: August 18, 2011, 05:27:17 PM »
Where's the download link for 612?  I've only seen 593 and 635.

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #181 on: August 18, 2011, 05:33:05 PM »
I believe I got it from the second post here.

Heh, I couldn't find this thread the other day when I looked for it.

Edit:you have to scroll UP to the second post, this is where my search sent me.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline blackrosesheart

« Reply #182 on: August 18, 2011, 05:40:59 PM »
Kay, thanks! :)

Edit: Still not working with 612

Edit Edit: Turned off Full screen, now working.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:45:08 PM by blackrosesheart »

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #183 on: August 18, 2011, 06:31:54 PM »
Mr. Anon21/Anon21-san...whichever you prefer (I assume you're male, I can't see a girl no matter how twisted uploading a my little pony pack...I don't mean that as an insult, I downloaded it and took a look through before deciding if I'd use it.) I have a couple questions before possibly breaking my saves again since I haven't had a chance to play in a while before my recent restart.

1. (Comment, not a question.) I completely understand the update, spelling and grammar can bother me...especially when repeated. You've made me hopeful for changes in the turn summary descriptions. Though I won't expect you to go out of your way and do extra work if you don't want to do it. The reason I understand is...the majority of my edits that I don't mention are when I notice my own grammar and spelling mistakes. I find that subject about myself to be too unreliable to comment when others' bug me though.

2. Do I only have to change it in saved games? Or do I also have to change it in item descriptions before loading my save. I like to give my torturer the incorporeal trait ASAP to avoid the crash if I accidentally forget to make sure the matron won't take her off duty. Also an incorporeal matron saves a lot of trouble in the long run.

3. Do I need to change it in girls who are not yet loaded into my game? i.e. A catacomb girl I haven't yet captured who has the trait, will it cause problems if I don't manually change the spelling before it happens? Or will it automatically be changed if/when that happens?

That reminds me, when a trait for a random girl is set below 5% it seems to be broken; if you could do something about that you would have my gratitude. I would like to set traits @ 0 so they never appear on that particular random, but doing so seems to default to the random chance of it occurring. i.e. I would like to make the chance of random girls being sterile lower than 5. Unfortunately I can't help much more than I already have with my windowed alignment mods. You seem to enjoy modifying the game to make it more structured and give the ability for more personal modification though so I don't mind asking you so much. Necno's original game idea seemed to have that thought in mind as well.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #184 on: August 18, 2011, 06:49:33 PM »
Kay, thanks! :)

Edit: Still not working with 612

Edit Edit: Turned off Full screen, now working.

That's odd, it works for me in full screen...but at least you got it working.

Offline blackrosesheart

« Reply #185 on: August 18, 2011, 06:53:23 PM »
Might have something to do with the 1440x900 resolution.  But thanks.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #186 on: August 18, 2011, 07:21:47 PM »
on the fulscreen thing, it's probably 'cause the screen setting is larger then the screen, so it can't display correctly I have to turn it off (unless using an alternate interface) for that reason

Offline Anon21

« Reply #187 on: August 18, 2011, 09:09:11 PM »
and it will "break" any saved games if you don't have any of his work yet.

True. Now that XML save games are the standard I could probably change that. I'll put it on my (very long list) to consider.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #188 on: August 18, 2011, 09:22:49 PM »
Mr. Anon21/Anon21-san...whichever you prefer (I assume you're male, I can't see a girl no matter how twisted uploading a my little pony pack...I don't mean that as an insult, I downloaded it and took a look through before deciding if I'd use it.)
That's a fair bet. I won't ask whether you did end up using it in the end or not. :-P

I have a couple questions before possibly breaking my saves again since I haven't had a chance to play in a while before my recent restart.

1. (Comment, not a question.) I completely understand the update, spelling and grammar can bother me...especially when repeated. You've made me hopeful for changes in the turn summary descriptions. Though I won't expect you to go out of your way and do extra work if you don't want to do it. The reason I understand is...the majority of my edits that I don't mention are when I notice my own grammar and spelling mistakes. I find that subject about myself to be too unreliable to comment when others' bug me though.

I've corrected the occasional event text, and I'm quite happy to change things that bug you if I agree that they're wrong. At some point I'll be changing most of the old event texts, though, so it might be worth waiting on that.

2. Do I only have to change it in saved games? Or do I also have to change it in item descriptions before loading my save. I like to give my torturer the incorporeal trait ASAP to avoid the crash if I accidentally forget to make sure the matron won't take her off duty. Also an incorporeal matron saves a lot of trouble in the long run.

3. Do I need to change it in girls who are not yet loaded into my game? i.e. A catacomb girl I haven't yet captured who has the trait, will it cause problems if I don't manually change the spelling before it happens? Or will it automatically be changed if/when that happens?

Yeah, you should do the item file too. Non-loaded girls as well. I recommend NotePad++ - it's really fast. Just open all the files and do a global replace.

That reminds me, when a trait for a random girl is set below 5% it seems to be broken; if you could do something about that you would have my gratitude. I would like to set traits @ 0 so they never appear on that particular random, but doing so seems to default to the random chance of it occurring. i.e. I would like to make the chance of random girls being sterile lower than 5.

I didn't know that. And (seeing as I've just made work for people using my mods) I'll totally make it a priority. Expect a relevant post sometime today.

On a general note, I am sorry when I do something that (intentionally, or otherwise) breaks save games or messes stuff up. But (for me) the nice thing about being an entirely unofficial update is that I can mess around with stuff without worrying too much. Ideally I'd like to see my changes being considered, cherry-picked, refined, tested and added to the official version.  :P

Offline frozen_ghost

« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2011, 04:26:42 AM »
Crash.
I am getting a frequent crash on end-of-turn, since using this mod. I finally caught a glimpse of "Girl has no script trigger" before everything went down this last time.
(Mod is patched to latest.)

Offline Anon21

« Reply #190 on: August 19, 2011, 04:32:11 AM »
Crash.
I am getting a frequent crash on end-of-turn, since using this mod. I finally caught a glimpse of "Girl has no script trigger" before everything went down this last time.
(Mod is patched to latest.)

Could you .zip and attach a gamelog.txt file? I haven't been having any crashes myself.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2011, 04:36:47 AM »
* Random Girl trait chance now goes down to -1 and up to 101

Really don't want a trait, or really do? Set a trait to -1 and it will never be set, even if it would normally have been set in the code (e.g. Make sure your 30 y.o. random demon girl is _never_ a MILF with -1. Set your 76 year old succubus to be a Lolita with 101.

This was more trouble than I expected, and the code is ugly, but it seems to work OK.

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1922455.zip.html

Offline frozen_ghost

« Reply #192 on: August 19, 2011, 05:36:16 AM »
Here it is. File was corrupt, but I got the info anyway. (See the note attached at the end of the gamelog.)

Offline Anon21

« Reply #193 on: August 19, 2011, 06:16:15 AM »
Here it is. File was corrupt, but I got the info anyway. (See the note attached at the end of the gamelog.)

Right. Well, I see one thing that might have caused that. See if this works any better:

* Possible fix for frozen_ghost's bug

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1922762.zip.html

* Random Girl trait chance now goes down to -1 and up to 101

Really don't want a trait, or really do? Set a trait to -1 and it will never be set, even if it would normally have been set in the code (e.g. Make sure your 30 y.o. random demon girl is _never_ a MILF with -1. Set your 76 year old succubus to be a Lolita with 101.

One thing I forgot to mention is that this is a good way of making sure your random girls don't start out with addictions. Just add the following to their random girl file.

Code: [Select]
        <Trait Name    = 'Shroud Addict'
               Percent = '-1'
        />
        <Trait Name    = 'Fairy Dust Addict'
                Percent = '-1'
         />
         <Trait Name    = 'Viras Blood Addict'
                Percent = '-1'
         />
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 06:57:36 AM by Anon21 »

Offline frozen_ghost

« Reply #194 on: August 19, 2011, 07:30:11 AM »
I installed your fix, and ran about 100 turns, with no ctd. (Was happening every 4-6 turns.) Looks like your fix worked.