devolution

Author Topic: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks  (Read 135304 times)

Offline blackrosesheart

Re: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks
« Reply #195 on: August 19, 2011, 08:49:04 AM »
Is there a way to fix the crash for when the matron tries to take the torturer off duty?  Or is that already fixed and I'm just blind.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2011, 09:14:58 AM »
Is there a way to fix the crash for when the matron tries to take the torturer off duty?  Or is that already fixed and I'm just blind.

I've never used the torturer, so I haven't looked at it.  I suppose I should do. :-P

Offline blackrosesheart

« Reply #197 on: August 19, 2011, 09:27:09 AM »
Torturing the girls yourself does add a nice little personal touch, but sometimes you just wanna kick back, y'know. :P

Offline Anon21

« Reply #198 on: August 19, 2011, 09:36:52 AM »
Torturing the girls yourself does add a nice little personal touch, but sometimes you just wanna kick back, y'know. :P

OK, I've just tried it out and had a torturer be taken off duty, then later put back on duty, by the matron with no problem.  So I guess someone must have fixed the bug, unless you can catch it happening.

Offline blackrosesheart

« Reply #199 on: August 19, 2011, 09:46:08 AM »
Hmm.  Odd, because it's happened twice so far to me today.  Had to remove the torturer manually before continuing.  Right now though her tiredness is broken so she isn't getting removed.

Edit: Also, is there a way to adjust/control the gain of certain traits?  I'm not finding it anywhere.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #200 on: August 19, 2011, 09:54:15 AM »
Hmm.  Odd, because it's happened twice so far to me today.  Had to remove the torturer manually before continuing.  Right now though her tiredness is broken so she isn't getting removed.

Odd. Maybe it only happens when the torturer is removed when girls are being tortured.

Edit: Also, is there a way to adjust/control the gain of certain traits?  I'm not finding it anywhere.
Not really. Unless you count changing the chance of starting with traits in random girls.

Offline blackrosesheart

« Reply #201 on: August 19, 2011, 09:57:07 AM »
1. That's possible.

2. I figured there'd be a script or something that controlled when girls get certain abilities like Broken Will.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #202 on: August 19, 2011, 10:03:53 AM »
2. I figured there'd be a script or something that controlled when girls get certain abilities like Broken Will.

Well, it's in the code but I don't think there's a script file covering that.  I think you generally get stuff like Broken Will from using / wearing items.

Offline blackrosesheart

« Reply #203 on: August 19, 2011, 10:07:45 AM »
That's kind of annoying.  The wiki says you can get it through the dungeon.  Then again I don't think it's been updated in a long time.

Edit:  Nevermind.  Depends on health level.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:37:56 AM by blackrosesheart »

Offline Anon21

« Reply #204 on: August 19, 2011, 01:33:17 PM »
* Fixed a bug that caused crashes related to color text display of rare items.

* Fixed torturer bug! (OK, not quite)

The matron will no longer take the torturer off duty no matter how tired she is. Instead she takes extra effort to relax the torturer so she can continue doing her job. Essentially torturers should now be more or less immune to tiredness if you have a matron working.

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1924926.zip.html
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 01:56:51 PM by Anon21 »

Offline frozen_ghost

« Reply #205 on: August 19, 2011, 04:46:05 PM »
After playing for quite a while, on three re-starts, I have noticed something. I am seeing weak girls, (magic 30, combat 45), simply mopping the floor in the catacombs, with anything that dares get in their way. After about 5 hours of play, I have not seen a single lost battle.
That is just far too easy. I've even sent girls into the catacombs butt naked, and they still win every fight. (Could be the number of monsters. I've noticed that 3 now seems to be the maximum, whereas before I would occasionally see groups of 7.)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #206 on: August 19, 2011, 04:49:19 PM »
After playing for quite a while, on three re-starts, I have noticed something. I am seeing weak girls, (magic 30, combat 45), simply mopping the floor in the catacombs, with anything that dares get in their way. After about 5 hours of play, I have not seen a single lost battle.
That is just far too easy. I've even sent girls into the catacombs butt naked, and they still win every fight. (Could be the number of monsters. I've noticed that 3 now seems to be the maximum, whereas before I would occasionally see groups of 7.)

I heeded warnings about not sending weak girls into catacombs but non of my stronger warriors had bean beaten either.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 04:55:12 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Geron

« Reply #207 on: August 19, 2011, 06:34:49 PM »
Well, it's in the code but I don't think there's a script file covering that.  I think you generally get stuff like Broken Will from using / wearing items.
I have broken the wills of girls sitting in my dungeon.  Both hands on and torturer induced.

Mind Fucked, Broken Will and Masochist, seen em 3 happen. 
Recently, torturer has managed to give a few Broken Wills and lots of Masochist.  Probably a few more that have slipped my mind.

Question about catacomb splunking:
How are the combat/magic abilities of random and unique girls you fight in dungeon determined?  Is it based on the girl's actual stats or is it something similar to beasts?

Perhaps able to make uniques tough boss fights if you give em high stats... ?  Same with randoms?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #208 on: August 19, 2011, 07:13:19 PM »

I haven't changed the number of monsters. I'm not sure why you've had it so easy, unless the random number generator loves you, I still find that starting girls lose loads unless well equipped.

Let's see how Princess Jasmine does in a new game (60 combat, 10 magic, 60 constitution). Set to 'Catacombs / Free Time', buying healing items when available, no equipment, other girls 'found in town' and set to work in brothel + matron.

One week per line:
* Lost
* Refused
* Lost
* Resting
* Resting
* Resting
* Won
* Lost
* Resting
* Won
* Lost
* Won

By the end of that period, with the assistance of 4 girls found for free in town or captured in the dungeon, I just make it back to the 4,000 gold I started with. 4 lost, 3 won.

60 combat is pretty good for an unequipped character - it was the best in the slave market on week 1. It is easier (in the starting dungeon level) than it was in the 'vanilla' game, but there's also less money coming back from the catacomb.

How catacomb combat works. Each 'monster' is actually a random girl generated from a random girl template (picked at random). They don't have equipment, but they do start at full health and your girl is forced to fight against 1 to 3 of them.  It's very random.  At present in the easiest areas of the dungeon the 'monsters' start with a 15 penalty to skill and 6 penalty to stats. So they might have Combat 85 Magic 85 (if you are very unlucky) or Combat 0 Magic 0 (if you are very lucky). I can (and probably will) adjust that penalty but when there was no penalty it was pretty damn harsh.  ???

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #209 on: August 19, 2011, 07:21:39 PM »
How catacomb combat works. Each 'monster' is actually a random girl generated from a random girl template (picked at random). They don't have equipment, but they do start at full health and your girl is forced to fight against 1 to 3 of them.  It's very random.  At present in the easiest areas of the dungeon the 'monsters' start with a 15 penalty to skill and 6 penalty to stats. So they might have Combat 85 Magic 85 (if you are very unlucky) or Combat 0 Magic 0 (if you are very lucky). I can (and probably will) adjust that penalty but when there was no penalty it was pretty damn harsh.  ???

So if all of your random girls have a maxed out combat/magic stats of 5, you'll just win every battle even if you send a wimp to fight them?
Like what we're doing?