Author Topic: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks  (Read 135305 times)

Offline Anon21

Re: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks
« Reply #210 on: August 19, 2011, 07:26:48 PM »
So if all of your random girls have a maxed out combat/magic stats of 5, you'll just win every battle even if you send a wimp to fight them?

Yeah, you might very well get 1 monster to fight with 5 Combat / 5 Magic and hardly anybody would lose to that.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 04:53:55 AM by Anon21 »

Offline Geron

« Reply #211 on: August 19, 2011, 07:27:23 PM »
Wow, I see.  I've actually taken to weakening all my random girl stats...  0-50 in combat/magic ability for catacomb girls...)  I would have to tweak things to reflect that. 

Is the fighting a series of 1v1?  Or group v girl?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #212 on: August 19, 2011, 07:33:36 PM »
Wow, I see.  I've actually taken to weakening all my random girl stats...  0-50 in combat/magic ability for catacomb girls...)  I would have to tweak things to reflect that. 

Is the fighting a series of 1v1?  Or group v girl?

1v1 as far as I know.

Just beg that you don't face an Incorporeal random girl dummy monster :D (Unless game safeguards vs that)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #213 on: August 19, 2011, 07:36:07 PM »
Yeah, you might very well get 1 monster to fight with 10 Combat / 10 Magic and hardly anybody would lose to that.

Lmao, just started my testbed WM for packs without random girls :D

Unlimited free stuff from catacombs...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #214 on: August 19, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »
Here's another run with Princess Jasmine. This time the monster penalty has been reduced to 10 skill, 4 stat (from 15 skill, 6 stat).

* Lost
* Rested
* Rested
* Refused
* Lost
* Rested
* Won
* Won
* Lost
* Rested
* Lost
* Rested
* Rested
* Refused
* Won
* Lost
* Won <- Back to 4,000 gold.

This time it took a few more weeks, and probably most of the money came from the 12 other girls found in town or caught in the dungeon.  I think I'll cut down on the monster girl capture rate for the easier dungeon levels.

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #215 on: August 19, 2011, 11:43:13 PM »
Thanks so much for the changes to adjusting random girl traits. Happy to see the torturer crash addressed too! Guess I should figure out how to make the global changes in NotePad++ now so I can update quickly while attempting to keep my save.

Heh, you made a mention about breaking saves, I'm fairly sure everyone knows that isn't your intent. People just have to weigh whether they want to risk them for the new content. Besides you always mention an issues with save files when there may be a problem.

In hindsight on my comment about why I assumed you're a guy...I've known some fairly twisted girls, and I think my basis for that assumption could well be way off lol.

Edit: Just wanted to mention that Incorporeal needs to also be changed in: Resources\Data\coretraits.traits. Which is a less obvious one to change for people with little knowledge on what they're doing like myself. Adding a copy in your update could solve it. I was getting errors and the trait wasn't being added to girls with the trait, nor from items until I found and fixed this. Happy to say I managed to keep my save; and NotePad++ was extremely simple to use as well as speeding things up exponentially, thank you for the tip.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 01:25:51 AM by Mak »
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline blackrosesheart

« Reply #216 on: August 20, 2011, 02:28:41 AM »
As far as the difficulty levels in the Catacombs go, is that set somewhere?  I've played for a long time and never seen anything but the (apparently) basic stuff, although it doesn't seem to affect the items I get since I pull a lot of greens regularly.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #217 on: August 20, 2011, 04:45:29 AM »
As far as the difficulty levels in the Catacombs go, is that set somewhere?  I've played for a long time and never seen anything but the (apparently) basic stuff, although it doesn't seem to affect the items I get since I pull a lot of greens regularly.

'K, first things first. The difficulty levels are set in the game code. I'm still play-testing so expect them to change.

The items you pull will depend on what Items.itemsx file you are using. In my file items worth 10,000+ are now noted as Catacomb05 and will be found less often, and only found on medium difficulty level.  There is only one Catacomb01 rarity item and that is valued at 200,000 and only found (rarely) on the highest difficulty level.

Colors for rarity are set in the config.xml file. Next update I'll have a better color scheme and description in the config.xml file.

At present you need to have either Combat 90+ or Magic 90+ and Mana 20+ to get to medium difficulty. You should see different event text when you explore the catacomb (succeed or fail).  I have noticed the medium difficulty text turn up so it is possible, but I haven't play tested enough to know if it's working quite as planned or not.  :D

Offline Anon21

« Reply #218 on: August 20, 2011, 04:52:25 AM »
* Rarity color scheme improved.
(see config.xml file)

* Included file missed from last download (oops).
(See CoreTraits.traits)

* Slightly increased catacomb difficulty for starting girls.
(Still in testing)

* Monster girl capture rates dropped a bit.
I find that you can get swamped with monster girls easily once the game gets going.

* Slave sale value cut in half.

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1926741.zip.html

P.S. Things have got rather hectic in this thread (and another one of mine) so if I've not answered something you've asked, feel free to bug me again.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 05:02:24 AM by Anon21 »

Offline Anon21

« Reply #219 on: August 20, 2011, 05:17:10 AM »
The further adventures of Naked Princess Jasmine

This is a test of how quickly you can return to your starting 4,000 gold by using a single, unequipped, girl exploring the easiest part of the catacombs. (Night used for resting)

Combat 60, Magic 10, Constitution 60

Starting monsters are nerfed by -10% skill, -4% stats.

All girls other than Princess Jasmine are caught in dungeon or found in town. All girls other than Princess Jasmine are put on Whore or Matron duty. Princess Jasmine will be use healing potions if they are available in the shop.

Week by week diary.
* Refused
* Lost
* Rested
* Refused
* Lost
* Rested (bought a short sword for herself - combat now 75)
* Lost
* Lost
* Rested

Hit negative money, decided trial is over. :-P  In retrospect I shouldn't have spent so much money on healing salves.

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #220 on: August 20, 2011, 05:18:50 AM »
Can you remove the config from the 1280x960 please, it's not compatible with your current version, and being only a font size change it's rather unnecessary unless people start asking for it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 05:41:56 AM by Mak »
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #221 on: August 20, 2011, 12:00:29 PM »
Can you remove the config from the 1280x960 please, it's not compatible with your current version, and being only a font size change it's rather unnecessary unless people start asking for it.

Done. Also ...

* Added a little bit more to the Girl Details screen (change to .xml file and .exe)

The description in their .xml file and their mood is now shown.

* Changed GlobalTriggers.xml so that player goes bankrupt at -1000 gold, not -5000.

This makes the start-up period a little more challenging.

* Fixed difficulty level triggers

It turned out that I was checking against _BASE_ skills, not _ADJUSTED_ skills. So girls weren't getting the benefit of their armor and other items when it was deciding if they were tough enough or not.

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1928395.zip.html

Offline blackrosesheart

« Reply #222 on: August 20, 2011, 03:50:25 PM »
Been playing a little today, had a girl with 160% Magic and Combat and still not seeing anything but the basic dungeon message.  I checked pretty much every week, as often as I could too. -.-

Offline Anon21

« Reply #223 on: August 20, 2011, 03:54:25 PM »
Been playing a little today, had a girl with 160% Magic and Combat and still not seeing anything but the basic dungeon message.  I checked pretty much every week, as often as I could too. -.-

Was that with the latest update? You did see that I'd fixed a bug in that bit in the most recent version, right?

Offline blackrosesheart

« Reply #224 on: August 20, 2011, 03:55:54 PM »
It was with the one right before that, but those were her base skills.  Or at least both her bases were over 100.  She did have a summoner's rod or whatever.