Author Topic: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks  (Read 135300 times)

Offline Anon21

Re: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks
« Reply #225 on: August 20, 2011, 04:10:05 PM »
It was with the one right before that, but those were her base skills.  Or at least both her bases were over 100.  She did have a summoner's rod or whatever.

I've done a thorough playtest for one year's game play so I can confirm that the different event texts do turn up, and the items found include the rarer ones at higher difficulty level.  I also think it's pretty well balanced as far as gameplay goes for the first year.

Offline blackrosesheart

« Reply #226 on: August 20, 2011, 04:14:43 PM »
I'm positive I've never seen the different catacombs level texts.  Maybe mine's just broken. -.-

Offline Anon21

« Reply #227 on: August 20, 2011, 04:25:08 PM »
Been playing a little today, had a girl with 160% Magic and Combat and still not seeing anything but the basic dungeon message.  I checked pretty much every week, as often as I could too. -.-

Well, you can have a slightly more recent version to try if you want. Though I'm pretty sure the only things I changed since the last update are some refinements to the 1280 x 1024 interface screens.

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1929266.zip.html

Offline blackrosesheart

« Reply #228 on: August 20, 2011, 06:40:19 PM »
Okay, seems to be working correctly now.  Girls keep losing Broken Will and Mind Fucked now though.  Not sure if that's a bug or not. >.>

Also it seems to be crashing when using shift+click or ctrl+click to highlight multiple girls and selecting torture in the dungeon.

Also *sets out a tray of cookies*  Cookies for everyone!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:02:47 PM by blackrosesheart »

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #229 on: August 21, 2011, 05:18:04 AM »
1280x960 girl details updated for new changes.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #230 on: August 21, 2011, 05:34:39 AM »
1280x960 girl details updated for new changes.

Included. :-)

* Namechange - now  WhoreMaster641+.zip

* Now includes SVN repository code up to revision 641

Latest change - in the Dungeon list box you can include any skill or stat by having the column name set appropriately in the dungeon_screen.xml file. e.g. STAT_Happiness for Happiness.

N.B. STAT_HAPPINESS won't work.

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1931658.zip.html
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 08:44:05 AM by Anon21 »

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #231 on: August 21, 2011, 05:55:23 AM »
Any changes other than the new SVN name (since your last update?) If not I'll probably just wait for the next update. With my play style I rarely use the dungeon other than a hub for captured girls to move into a brothel or be sold; so I'm happy with the current list box.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #232 on: August 21, 2011, 05:59:55 AM »
Any changes other than the new SVN name (since your last update?)

Not really.  In fact the dungeon screen is identical (if you change 'Happiness' to 'STAT_Happiness' in one place).

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #233 on: August 21, 2011, 06:12:01 AM »
Heh, well if anyone complains about problems that could be caused by using the old dungeon screen interface they could be caused by using my interface in the new update. Just a quick troubleshooting tip I should mention.
For all I know it may make a need for mine obsolete, but I don't feel like messing with it right now.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 06:14:08 AM by Mak »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #234 on: August 21, 2011, 08:51:24 AM »
Nice to see new official revisions as well as new stuff from Anon. Russians decided to redo the whole game as stuff is to difficult to add to the current WM. I have basics of C# and C++ more or less covered, now python and game logic. Afterwards I'll try to byte off more then I can shew and build a new game as well as helping/learning from Russians in the process  :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazyness

« Reply #235 on: August 21, 2011, 12:33:20 PM »
Is there any way you could get all your tweaks since 635 into one mediafile download? I can't seem to download any of your tweaks in the japanese website :( All your tweaks sound amazing and I wish i could try them all out, if not, thanks anyway Anon, your work from what I read is awesome and keep it up!

Offline Claytod

« Reply #236 on: August 21, 2011, 03:04:20 PM »
What's the best interface for a 1600 x 900 screen? It seems pretty rare.

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #237 on: August 22, 2011, 12:29:41 AM »
Is there any way you could get all your tweaks since 635 into one mediafile download? I can't seem to download any of your tweaks in the japanese website :( All your tweaks sound amazing and I wish i could try them all out, if not, thanks anyway Anon, your work from what I read is awesome and keep it up!

All of his changes are carried over into each time he updates, so fortunately you only need to download the most recent link. The most recent one should still be active (for up to 20hrs. after he posted it if I recall.)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 12:44:52 AM by Mak »

Offline Anon21

« Reply #238 on: August 22, 2011, 03:44:15 AM »
(for up to 20hrs. after he posted it if I recall.)
That was the previous upload site. I changed it because someone's ISP was blocking the IP range. Now it should hang around until the next link is up.

Offline sgb

« Reply #239 on: August 23, 2011, 12:30:11 AM »
Small request for a future update; if there's a variable that controls the chance for unique slaves to show up in the Slave Market could you bump it up or make it settable in the config?  I like to play with all my girls set to slave to turn the game into a pure brothel sim (ie no freebies, everyone must be bought).  Problem is there's usually only 1 unique slave that shows up on any given week.  Sometimes zero.  It must be intentionally set lower than randoms.