devolution

Author Topic: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks  (Read 135290 times)

Offline Anon21

Re: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks
« Reply #240 on: August 23, 2011, 01:01:58 AM »
Small request for a future update; if there's a variable that controls the chance for unique slaves to show up in the Slave Market could you bump it up or make it settable in the config?  I like to play with all my girls set to slave to turn the game into a pure brothel sim (ie no freebies, everyone must be bought).  Problem is there's usually only 1 unique slave that shows up on any given week.  Sometimes zero.  It must be intentionally set lower than randoms.

I think this would be best done with RandomGirlNerf rather than add another variable.  I'll probably put something in the next update.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #241 on: August 23, 2011, 01:54:01 AM »
* Namechange - now  WhoreMaster643+.zip

* Now includes SVN repository code up to revision 643
But not tested.

* Latest change from official version - you can now include any skill / stat in the list in the Girl Management screen

Also "Happiness" now works, not just "STAT_Happiness" (but you do need to use STAT_Constitution and STAT_Level).

* RandomGirlNerf (see config.xml) now also changes chance of unique girls in slave market.

Set RandomGirlNerf to 0 to have 100% unique girls in slave market.

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1937709.zip.html

Offline Anon21

« Reply #242 on: August 23, 2011, 11:31:53 AM »
* Worked on making the Turn Summary screen use an XML file instead of the Summary.txt file. Didn't work.

The code I produced is still in the files, commented out. Search for "#define OLD_TURNSUMMARY" lines and comment them out to see it run. If any interested party could debug it I would be really grateful.

* 'Incorporeal' is still the correct spelling, but I've introduced a fix so that you can still use girl files with it spelt 'Incorporial'.

I haven't tested how far this fix works.

* Font size and row height can now be set in listboxes (in the xml file).

For an example of this see the included "TinyText1280x1024.zip" archive. It includes all the XML interface files converted to use font size 12 instead of fontsize 16. (N.B. Only XML files are changed, txt files are unchanged).

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1939876.zip.html
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 01:50:02 PM by Anon21 »

Offline sgb

« Reply #243 on: August 23, 2011, 07:36:47 PM »
I think this would be best done with RandomGirlNerf rather than add another variable.  I'll probably put something in the next update.
Thanks!

Offline sgb

« Reply #244 on: August 24, 2011, 12:13:03 AM »
One thing you may want to take a look at while poking around in the code is how the Slave Girl cost formula works.  I...can't seem to see any common links that determine price here.  You can have two girls with roughly similar stats and skills, yet one ends up costing 600 gold more.  It's not a big deal, I just like to know how the mechanics work; and I can't figure this one out in the slightest.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #245 on: August 24, 2011, 03:25:11 AM »
One thing you may want to take a look at while poking around in the code is how the Slave Girl cost formula works.  I...can't seem to see any common links that determine price here.  You can have two girls with roughly similar stats and skills, yet one ends up costing 600 gold more.  It's not a big deal, I just like to know how the mechanics work; and I can't figure this one out in the slightest.

Code: [Select]
/*
 *    base price is the girl's ask price stat
 */
    cost = girl->askprice() * 15;
/*
 *    add to that the sum of her skills
 */
    for(u_int i=0; i<NUM_SKILLS; i++) {
        cost += (unsigned int)girl->m_Skills[i];
    }
/*
 *    virgins fetch a premium
 *    MOD: not sure of the rationale behind 158
 *    but a multiplier makes more sense to me.
 *    Let's say virgins go for half as much again
 */
    if(girl->m_Virgin) {
        cost *= 1.5;
    }

Incidentally, if you think about it, buying a virgin costs 50% extra, in return for which once a customer will give a 20 gold tip.  ::)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:20:14 AM by Anon21 »

Offline crazy

« Reply #246 on: August 24, 2011, 06:24:27 AM »
Incidentally, if you think about it, buying a virgin costs 50% extra, in return for which once a customer will give a 20 gold tip.  ::)
Always said virgins should be worth something more in the game.  I purposed an auction house were you sold there virginity off to a customer.  Didn't really catch on but I still think something should be done different for them.

Offline ShikinamiFan91

« Reply #247 on: August 24, 2011, 08:11:39 AM »
Always said virgins should be worth something more in the game.  I purposed an auction house were you sold there virginity off to a customer.  Didn't really catch on but I still think something should be done different for them.
Oh look, an idea that managed to get me to register and post in support of.  Wow.  I do like this idea, or something similar.  It'd make virgins more useful, but I would really like to see more uses for virgins in general.  Why have the stat if it doesn't mean anything other than paying/getting 50% more for buying and selling?  I mean, if that's the case, I'd never buy a virgin and would sell the ones I capture/convince/ect.

Offline crazy

« Reply #248 on: August 24, 2011, 03:53:28 PM »
Oh look, an idea that managed to get me to register and post in support of.  Wow.  I do like this idea, or something similar.  It'd make virgins more useful, but I would really like to see more uses for virgins in general.  Why have the stat if it doesn't mean anything other than paying/getting 50% more for buying and selling?  I mean, if that's the case, I'd never buy a virgin and would sell the ones I capture/convince/ect.
I picked the auction because of a media post I found of girls selling there virginity on ebay and thought it would be a nice feature for the game.  It could also be used for alot of other things besides just selling virginity but that was what made me think of it.

Offline sgb

« Reply #249 on: August 25, 2011, 01:07:32 AM »
Incidentally, if you think about it, buying a virgin costs 50% extra, in return for which once a customer will give a 20 gold tip.
Yeah, conceptually I can understand virgin slaves selling for a premium.  It makes sense.  Problem is there's no actual benefit to you for this.  If the game wasn't so easy I'd suggest a change to this somewhere, but as it is you might as well leave it.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #250 on: August 25, 2011, 03:24:10 PM »
* includes mod code and script from http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=883.0

(With kind permission from dqhx)

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1947763.zip.html

Offline Razor75

« Reply #251 on: August 25, 2011, 07:53:14 PM »
* includes mod code and script from http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=883.0

(With kind permission from dqhx)

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1947763.zip.html

Very new here and I have never used the site you are linking too.  When I try to get the file nothing downloads.  Of course I can't read the page to figure out what is going on either so I am at a loss.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #252 on: August 25, 2011, 08:06:59 PM »
It's the link immediately above the advert. Or above the grey rectangle, if you have adblock.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #253 on: August 26, 2011, 07:00:56 AM »
* Includes bugfix code from dqhx

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1949141.zip.html

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #254 on: August 27, 2011, 09:17:15 PM »
the newest link isn't working. file not detected (love translator programs)