devolution

Author Topic: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks  (Read 135301 times)

Offline Razor75

Re: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks
« Reply #255 on: August 28, 2011, 12:26:37 PM »
I keep having stat names appear as items.  I have the default items file that came with the game and the addon by Fires_Flair and of course your patches... any ideas?  I don't see an obvious errors in the items files but I am still combing through them.  Are there any lines or attributes that are required?  I also have seen some items with rediculous negative stats and have been modifying them down to -100. 

Offline Anon21

« Reply #256 on: August 28, 2011, 01:20:49 PM »
I keep having stat names appear as items.  I have the default items file that came with the game and the addon by Fires_Flair and of course your patches... any ideas?  I don't see an obvious errors in the items files but I am still combing through them.  Are there any lines or attributes that are required?  I also have seen some items with rediculous negative stats and have been modifying them down to -100.

Why don't you include a save game showing the problem and the item file you're using as an attachment. I'll see if I can work out what's up.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #257 on: August 28, 2011, 01:33:00 PM »
umm, my 'add on' for the items isn't really an add on, it's the item list that came with the game, sorted into the different catigories.
though that shouldn't cause any problems since there were duplicates in the original item list

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #258 on: August 31, 2011, 07:32:30 PM »
Can someone please repost the lastest version cause I really wanna try this out
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline fires_flair

Offline Romanul

« Reply #260 on: September 01, 2011, 07:07:26 AM »
Thanks for bringing back life to this great game!

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #261 on: September 01, 2011, 10:23:16 AM »
thank you for reposting fires_flair
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline Anon21

« Reply #262 on: September 01, 2011, 10:41:17 AM »
I know I've gone quiet. I've lost interest in playing for a while, I expect I'll be back. ;-) 

I'm particularly hoping that the scripting system will be updated (either the proposed LUA system, or just a better file format!). The annoyance of the scripting system holds back a number of possible updates I've thought about.

Please continue to bug me about bugs, or suggest improvements that could be made.  If they sound interesting, and doable, they might happen.

Offline Romanul

« Reply #263 on: September 01, 2011, 12:56:43 PM »
 While acknowledging that i do not know anything about programming and some suggestions might me too much of a trouble or even impossible to implement, I give you my list:

1. New buttons for the dungeon "Brand All" and  "Sell All" girls.

2. Accommodation option could use some improvement. I am not very certain what it does to be honest. But I was thinking of something like the higher the level the greater the upkeep for it and the bonus (happiness for the girl, a small boost in client income etc).

3. Could something be done to clients that are taken in the dungeon? I am not suggesting anything like expanding the way girls are, just that you can:

a. have a small chance that the family will ransom him

b. can brand him as a slave and put him to work in the brothel/whatever as a cleaner/guard whatever. I could bring you an extra symbolic bonus (2 gold or reducing filth) or on the contrary he could just cost you 10 per week because you have to feed him and it doesn't produce anything.

c. in case you can brand them as a slave then be allowed to sell him (for random sum like sons are).

4. maybe something similar to 3b could be done to the sons. And thus instead of being sold right away they are placed in the dungeon. It's not much of a change but gives you the sensation you are more in control.

5.a Expanded history for the girls. As in:

number of:
-clients served
- Monsters defeated
-times raped/defeated by monsters
-number of daughters/sons she's given birth to
-number of weeks she's been working for you
-times she’s given birth
- as far as i understood form previous posts it's impossible to show the total income the girl has brought you :(

6. From my experience money is made too easy in general so any money sinks would be great. I have no idea if that you agree with this point of view or if you willing to address it, in case you do here are more suggestions:

-Ad more sliders (similar to advertising) in the brothels section like
Upkeep per week , it shouldn't give a great bonus  maybe a small boost to girls happiness or client income or reduced rate of filth etc
-upgrade brothel which should cost something like 50 000 per level. Again it doesn't have to give you any significant bonus (maybe change the background picture), a couple of free extra rooms etc
- more weapons upgrades/levels for gangs
Long shot here, but maybe more options for girls in general:
 -plastic surgery
-send on vacation

Offline Zanfib

« Reply #264 on: September 01, 2011, 01:22:01 PM »
It would be nice if the brothel rules would also apply to girls working the streets.

It would also be nice if we could setup default rules in a text file.

Offline sgb

« Reply #265 on: September 01, 2011, 10:36:54 PM »
I know I've gone quiet. I've lost interest in playing for a while, I expect I'll be back. ;-) 

I'm particularly hoping that the scripting system will be updated (either the proposed LUA system, or just a better file format!). The annoyance of the scripting system holds back a number of possible updates I've thought about.

Please continue to bug me about bugs, or suggest improvements that could be made.  If they sound interesting, and doable, they might happen.
Don't worry about it, you single handedly revived interest in a dead game, even if just for a little while.  You fixed a lot of long-standing nitpicks and bugs many of us had about the game that were likely to never get fixed otherwise.

2. Accommodation option could use some improvement. I am not very certain what it does to be honest. But I was thinking of something like the higher the level the greater the upkeep for it and the bonus (happiness for the girl, a small boost in client income etc).
This one's kind of been a glaring one since day 1 of WM.  The accommodation options have always been there, but I don't think they've EVER mattered.  I think there's some minor code about high level girls losing happiness or such if they have poor housing, but I pretty much just set everyone to Average and ignore the setting forever.  Having the higher levels noticably improve recovery (health, happiness, and libedo) for an appropriate cost would be a simple upgrade.  For something more advanced, this is a good way to limit whoring income.  Have max income be linked to housing, and have max housing level be limited by the girl's level.  Level 0 girls with average housing can only earn a max of 40 gold per customer or such for example, increasing by 20 gold per housing level.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #266 on: September 02, 2011, 02:55:29 AM »
This one's kind of been a glaring one since day 1 of WM.  The accommodation options have always been there, but I don't think they've EVER mattered.  I think there's some minor code about high level girls losing happiness or such if they have poor housing, but I pretty much just set everyone to Average and ignore the setting forever.  Having the higher levels noticably improve recovery (health, happiness, and libedo) for an appropriate cost would be a simple upgrade.  For something more advanced, this is a good way to limit whoring income.  Have max income be linked to housing, and have max housing level be limited by the girl's level.  Level 0 girls with average housing can only earn a max of 40 gold per customer or such for example, increasing by 20 gold per housing level.
'K. Something like that would be very sensible, IMO, and it shouldn't be difficult to implement. Keep your eye out for an update sometime today. ;-)

It would be nice if the brothel rules would also apply to girls working the streets.

It would also be nice if we could setup default rules in a text file.

I can probably do those without any problem.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 03:07:05 AM by Anon21 »

Offline Anon21

« Reply #267 on: September 02, 2011, 12:14:43 PM »
* Can set default sex act restrictions in the config.xml file

* Sex act restrictions now apply to the bar and streetwalking - not just the brothel.

* Added some items from SGB's item list (with some adjustments).

* Accommodation levels now have more meaning.

- Warning given in text if customers are unhappy with the crappy room used (price paid to girl capped)

- Accommodation levels above 2 will provide a bonus to health, mana, tiredness regeneration (and a bit extra for happiness).

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1977050.zip.html

Offline Romanul

« Reply #268 on: September 02, 2011, 02:03:31 PM »
I tried downloading the file for an hour with Opera and Firefox with no luck and then successfully tried with Internet Explorer. I thought I should post this in case other people experience the same problem/situation.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #269 on: September 02, 2011, 04:19:00 PM »
*shrugs* I just dowloaded it, woth no problem, using firefox.