devolution

Author Topic: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks  (Read 135305 times)

Offline ShikinamiFan91

Re: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks
« Reply #270 on: September 02, 2011, 07:25:33 PM »
* Can set default sex act restrictions in the config.xml file

* Sex act restrictions now apply to the bar and streetwalking - not just the brothel.

* Added some items from SGB's item list (with some adjustments).

* Accommodation levels now have more meaning.

- Warning given in text if customers are unhappy with the crappy room used (price paid to girl capped)

- Accommodation levels above 2 will provide a bonus to health, mana, tiredness regeneration (and a bit extra for happiness).

Download: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1977050.zip.html
Downloaded, but there's nothing in the resource/data folder.  That's normally where items and configs are kept, so am I missing something, or did it not get in?

Offline Razor75

« Reply #271 on: September 02, 2011, 07:59:36 PM »
I can't reproduce the problem you are describing, you know you need the base game first as this only adds the files he has modified.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #272 on: September 02, 2011, 10:00:19 PM »
Downloaded, but there's nothing in the resource/data folder.  That's normally where items and configs are kept, so am I missing something, or did it not get in?

I double-checked but the files are all there in the archive.  Maybe the unzip utility you are using is not working very well? I use IZArc - it's free and has always worked well for me.  http://www.izarc.org/

Offline Anon21

« Reply #273 on: September 04, 2011, 07:46:13 AM »
Hi folks, I'm going through this (rather massive) thread and copying all the change notes to the first post.  Also clearing out my old posts and looking again at any suggestions I didn't get around to doing. ;-)

Any idea how to alphabetize the transfer girls list? I'd also like to add the 'level' stat into the transfer list, but that's probably more useful to me alone than to other people.

The transfer screen is one of the hard coded ones, IIRC. That makes it more fiddly to mess with, but I should be able to do something.  I'll have a look at it later.

If someone can tweak the security job to cover guard duty, you could delete gangs from the game entirely.

I can see them working to stop girls escaping, I don't think they'd be protecting businesses under your control, though.  I'll think about it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 12:44:53 PM by Anon21 »

Offline RipleyCarver

« Reply #274 on: September 04, 2011, 11:38:39 AM »
Okay, me am dumb- where is the new download file in the OP? I see nothing but a .png file.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #275 on: September 04, 2011, 12:33:13 PM »
Okay, me am dumb- where is the new download file in the OP? I see nothing but a .png file.

You're not dumb. I hadn't got around to it. ^ ^;  I'll just put it there now.

Offline Romanul

« Reply #276 on: September 04, 2011, 01:25:46 PM »
Would it be possible to increase the number of customers a girls has? I tried to change it above it from the configuration file but i couldn't raise past 10(maximum standard is 8 ).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 02:23:33 PM by Romanul »

Offline Cloud_firaga

« Reply #277 on: September 04, 2011, 03:12:44 PM »
Would it be possible to increase the number of customers a girls has? I tried to change it above it from the configuration file but i couldn't raise past 10(maximum standard is 8 ).

I don't think that's realistic think about it there are 8 hours in a shift and the customer always pays for an hour with the girl, that makes complete sense if you think about it.

I mean even whores with pimps do it that way still

Offline Romanul

« Reply #278 on: September 04, 2011, 03:38:51 PM »
I don't think that's realistic think about it there are 8 hours in a shift and the customer always pays for an hour with the girl, that makes complete sense if you think about it.

I mean even whores with pimps do it that way still

I see it as paying per customer not hour.I can't imagine why a customer would spend time with a  girl if he's "finished". So I have no problem with seeing 30 customers per day for a girl ("work till' you bleed comes to mind").  However, if others are bothered by this then it shouldn't be implemented. :)

Offline Anon21

« Reply #279 on: September 04, 2011, 04:28:28 PM »

Yeah, the problem with your logic is that each 'turn' in this game is actually ONE WEEK.  :P

I agree that the number of customers per one-week's worth of day/night shift is low. I think it would take some quite drastic rearrangement of the game to do it properly though, so I'm not planning to do anything at the moment.  I have proposed changing the timescale to one month per turn and (instead of reporting on every customer) giving a general overview for the most part - aside from special events.  However that idea got mixed reviews and it would be a lot of work.

Offline CorsairX

« Reply #280 on: September 04, 2011, 08:10:17 PM »
First off excellent work so far.

I was wondering if it was possible to use the stat / skill / status feature to include whether a girl is pregnant, how long till child comes of age, and whether the girl is a slave or not?

Tried a few guesses and the best I could get on the Girl Management lists was "Not Found" and "Error."

Oh yeah if interested, I'm doing all the manual interface changes for 1920x1080.  I'll try to get it posted tomorrow. ;D

Offline Anon21

« Reply #281 on: September 04, 2011, 11:51:39 PM »

I was wondering if it was possible to use the stat / skill / status feature to include whether a girl is pregnant, how long till child comes of age, and whether the girl is a slave or not?

It can do two out of three. You're looking for "is_pregnant" and "is_slave".

Oh yeah if interested, I'm doing all the manual interface changes for 1920x1080.  I'll try to get it posted tomorrow.

I would certainly like to include that. :-)

Offline GonDra

« Reply #282 on: September 05, 2011, 12:43:59 PM »
First let me say: Great Work!
The game actually feels a bit harder than before (especially the inital cost for the gangs hits pretty hard, the one thing that could use some work with that is directly deducting the money instead of next turn).

Now the small bug i found while fiddling with the xml files:
* FontSize now works with Listbox element.

The height of the rows should also automatically adjust with FontSize changes.
sadly this doesn't seem to work. At least not as I changed the FontSize of the TraitList Listbox in girl_details_screen.xml, even at a size of 6 the row-height didn't change.

On a other note I thought that others would maybe interested in the changes I did to the xml files so I attached my altered version of the 1280 x 960 files.

I hope you will keep working on WM at least for a while.

p.s: please make this:
* Sex act restrictions now apply to the bar and streetwalking - not just the brothel.

optional for Streetwalking, I am OK with it, but it was intended to not be restricted for streetwalking as you can't control (as good) what happens outside of the brothel.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:45:50 PM by GonDra »

Offline CorsairX

« Reply #283 on: September 05, 2011, 12:50:39 PM »
Here you go 1920x1080, with thanks to Anon21 for the help.

It has a few alterations in it to suit my tastes.  The brothel screen is from "The Futures" mod I think, can't quite remember where I got it. :-\

The girl management screen has been altered to include status as slave, and pregnant.  I also switched Tired and Happiness.

The Big list still has room, if anyone wants to add more to it.  On that note is there a command to monitor the duration of pregnancy. :)

Offline Anon21

« Reply #284 on: September 05, 2011, 02:22:21 PM »
First let me say: Great Work!
The game actually feels a bit harder than before (especially the inital cost for the gangs hits pretty hard, the one thing that could use some work with that is directly deducting the money instead of next turn).

I thought that I'd managed to make it more challenging but doable.  You're right about the gang money being a pain - I've fixed that now.  I'll post the download a bit later after I have a look at the other stuff waiting.

Now the small bug i found while fiddling with the xml files:sadly this doesn't seem to work. At least not as I changed the FontSize of the TraitList Listbox in girl_details_screen.xml, even at a size of 6 the row-height didn't change.

Ah. I see what the problem is.  I _was_ going to do it automatically, but I ended up setting the row heights manually. See TinyText1280x1024.zip for an example (included in download).  The optional attribute you need to set is ListBoxItemHeight

On a other note I thought that others would maybe interested in the changes I did to the xml files so I attached my altered version of the 1280 x 960 files.

Sure. (Generally speaking) what did you do to them?

I hope you will keep working on WM at least for a while.

I'll probably keep doing bits now and again. I've just played it enough for a while so it's low priority. 
P.S. If anybody wants to encourage me, and knows how to code, if you work on some of the bits I got stuck on I'd be grateful.

p.s: please make this:optional for Streetwalking, I am OK with it, but it was intended to not be restricted for streetwalking as you can't control (as good) what happens outside of the brothel.
I'll do it when I get around to it.